BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Isn't Oakland the best ATS/Moneyline Value on the board?

They are +9 now, so Denver would be favored by 3 @ Oakland? I think most here will agree both of these teams have a high chance of finishing with about the same amount of wins, or even Oakland finishing ahead in the standings. A lot of value to be had between 2 teams who will at best finish 8-8, and that's stretching it.

Thoughts?

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Yep, I definitely like the live dog in a divisional game. I guess the QB issues with Oak is what's inflating this line. Kyle Boller starting?

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oakland has won in Denver on their last two trips. Broncos are taking this game very serious. Orton is having a good year, and the Broncos finally fixed their running game last week. They also changed up their defense to have more combined weight at the line of scrimmage. It worked, almost (!) to perfection against the Jets last week. Denver ended up losing because of a pass interference call on the Jets 4th and final down in the closing seconds. More often than not, that doesn't get called. But it was called, which is good for those interested in Denver this week. An angry team is a good bet.
    Underachieving Jason Campbell will probably get the start for the Raiders. Broncos are off two straight losses, have faced very stiff competition (the hardest schedule of all teams so far), and should be ready to prove they're better than their 2-4 record. Not a good spot for the Raiders.
    Points Awarded:

Dr.Money gave Dark Horse 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

RageWizard
    RageWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lets look at some history:

Oakland is 6-2 at Denver since 2002.
    Oakland is 4-0 at Denver since 2006.
    Since 2004 Oakland has never been a dog of less than 9.5 points.
    The over is 3 -5 since 2002.

I am personally 0 -8 with picking the O/U in these games since 2002, and this week I am picking the UND. Take that for what its worth.

In the last 4 years, Oakland has accually won the game outright twice being a big dog.

Dave ATS
    Dave ATS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

With Denver travelling to England next week to play SF, this seems like too many points in a division game with the recent history between these 2 teams.

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Oakland is starting Jason Campbell who is one of the 5 worst starters in the league.

DODGERBLUES24
    DODGERBLUES24's Avatar Become A Pro!

sure looks like it right about now