Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

No death penalty in Taylor murder

Last edited by Sportsgirl; 08-03-08 at 02:13 PM.

thegreatdiatchi
    thegreatdiatchi's Avatar Become A Pro!

Every aspect of this is both sad and not right but I'm not surprised the death penalty isn't being pushed here due to the age of the shooter. Sadly, while this particular incident is heavily publicized there are many more just like it. The world needs to be cleaned up.

ChuteBoxe
    27+1 = 2011
    ChuteBoxe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Death penalty would be a little excessive in this case. Reserve that for the most heinous of crimes.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90264

The problem is there was no intend of death. These punks just wanted to scar him. Most people don't die from that type of shot.

No Malice of forthought

No mediation

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yep. The reality is, they came there looking to burglarize the place not expecting him to be home. Sean Taylor was a big tough dude, he was waiting in his bedroom with a machete, when they barged through he must've scared the living daylights out of them, they shot him out of fear. Also, had they not, (and I'm not justifying this), he'd have sliced their goddamn nuts off and fed it to them. Still, they're scumbags and deserve to spend the rest of their lives behind bars.

mofome
    mofome's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    The problem is there was no intend of death. These punks just wanted to scar him. Most people don't die from that type of shot.

No Malice of forthought

No mediation

Comical to say the least. They did not aim for his crotch, dear dufus. No Mediation? what does that even mean?

You walk into someones home with a gun on purpose, not on accident. The shooter should be killed and i would gladly volunteer to do the honors.

mofome

Quote Originally Posted by crazyl View Post
    Yep. The reality is, they came there looking to burglarize the place not expecting him to be home. Sean Taylor was a big tough dude, he was waiting in his bedroom with a machete, when they barged through he must've scared the living daylights out of them, they shot him out of fear. Also, had they not, (and I'm not justifying this), he'd have sliced their goddamn nuts off and fed it to them. Still, they're scumbags and deserve to spend the rest of their lives behind bars.

The reality is they shot and killed someone who was no threat to them. I'd trade everything i own for the chance to kill that kid with my bare hands.

thegreatdiatchi
    thegreatdiatchi's Avatar Become A Pro!

Now one of the guys is only getting 29 years in jail for ratting out the others.

The bottom line here is that people need to be responsible for their actions. Regardless of whether the others knew the one kid had a gun the bottom line is they were all doing something wrong. Due to the end result ALL of them should have life sentences handed to them.

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

You can't claim self-defense if you broke the law putting yourself into the situation, such as these kids breaking into Taylor's home.

I believe in due process, but I don't think these punks will even BEGIN to suffer justice until locked away a long time. Maybe someone else on the inside will take them out.

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8269

I don't own a machete however i do own several guns that are loaded someone brakes in my house i hope i get the chance to use them. A THIEF IS ONE OF THE LOWEST FORMS OF LIFE..........................

mofome

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    You can't claim self-defense if you broke the law putting yourself into the situation, such as these kids breaking into Taylor's home.

I believe in due process, but I don't think these punks will even BEGIN to suffer justice until locked away a long time. Maybe someone else on the inside will take them out.