the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

Quote Originally Posted by statnerds View Post
    But if tommy terrific were a superior QB, would recognize pre-snap what the defense is doing and who is blitzing and who is not, a la Peyton Manning. But he can't.

You know one play that never gets out of my head?

Ty Law picking off Manning for the third time in that Playoff game years ago. You should all remember it. Watching it live you couldn't tell. But on the replay, from the opposite end zone, Law breaks on the ball before Manning even throws it. It was if he knew what play was coming. Much like when the Pats beat my beloved Black and Gold in the Playoffs years ago when, I think Mike Malurkey, was still OC.

"It was as if they knew what play was coming"

That wasn't my quote, but several offensive players at the time.

Then Spygate.

Then 5-5 in the Post Season.

But if OJ is innocent, guess the Pats are as well.
    you....its call jumping the route. Obviously you've never watched a football game in your life. Pretty sure the Jets KO'ed your idol Manning too...and FYI, the Jets rarely blitzed against the Colts or Pats.

AND FYI, Brady>Manning.

teddyd
    teddyd's Avatar Become A Pro!

the pats stink, but so does moss...

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

he's the worst tackler I've seen since joe montana

statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

I never get tired of being right

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

But if tommy terrific were a superior QB, would recognize pre-snap what the defense is doing and who is blitzing and who is not, a la Peyton Manning. But he can't.

You know one play that never gets out of my head?

Ty Law picking off Manning for the third time in that Playoff game years ago. You should all remember it. Watching it live you couldn't tell. But on the replay, from the opposite end zone, Law breaks on the ball before Manning even throws it. It was if he knew what play was coming. Much like when the Pats beat my beloved Black and Gold in the Playoffs years ago when, I think Mike Malurkey, was still OC.

"It was as if they knew what play was coming"

That wasn't my quote, but several offensive players at the time.

Then Spygate.

Then 5-5 in the Post Season.

But if OJ is innocent, guess the Pats are as well.
    I love proving you wrong. Tom Brady, in 2010-
    5 rushers- 102.3 QB rating, 8.3 Yards Per Attempt
    6+ rushers- 153.8 QB rating, 13.2 YPA

Yea, he sure does suck against the blitz

rsnnh12

Bumping for statnerds response

statnerds
    Put me in coach

Tom Brady in Playoffs 2010:

Key Stats
    G PYDS PCT TDs INT RATING
    1 299 64.4 2 1 89.0

Well oh ignorant one, perhaps you should go back and read all of my posts to see where I said Brady sucked against the blitz because it never happened.

Wait a sec, a strawman argument...do you work for obama?

5-5 in the Post Season since Spygate

So good job of proving me wrong on something I never said chief.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

rsnnh12

Tom Brady in Playoffs 2010:

Key Stats
    G PYDS PCT TDs INT RATING
    1 299 64.4 2 1 89.0

Well oh ignorant one, perhaps you should go back and read all of my posts to see where I said Brady sucked against the blitz because it never happened.

Wait a sec, a strawman argument...do you work for obama?

5-5 in the Post Season since Spygate

So good job of proving me wrong on something I never said chief.
    In response to JJ saying that no QB does well under pressure, you said " if tommy terrific were a superior QB, would recognize pre-snap what the defense is doing and who is blitzing and who is not, a la Peyton Manning. But he can't"

You are clearly implying that Brady can't read a defense and who will be rushing him, when the stats I provided prove that wrong. Brady is in fact GREAT at reading defenses, which is why he had a 153.8 rating against big blitzes.

And I love how you keep bringing up Spygate, especially since videotaping signals was never against the rules

Talk about a strawman lol

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

I know there are a whole lot of posters eating a whole lot of words right now
    Easy to say this weeks after the regular season is finished

And you just said that he sucked against the blitz right here dude: ........

Listen, im the last person who would be a Tom Brady fan, but for you to shit out of your mouth around here saying that Brady is an average QB is just fukking stupid. He has won three Super Bowls and he is 33 years old. He is not the reason his team underachieves.

You're right, no one will remember these few great regular season's they've had. they'll be too busy recalling the 3 super bowls they won in 4 years. your point means nothing

All this from a complete non-patriots fan, thats how annoying you are

statnerds
    Put me in coach

I love that you guys are telling me what my words meant. What I intended to get across.

If he can't read a blitz pre-snap, he can't read a defense. Which means he can't figure out the coverage pre-snap. He should know almost every single play where that ball is going, who has one-on-one coverage, who the hot read is. Naturally some plays he will need to go through his progressions to find the open guy. But at least 75% of the plays he should know exactly who the ball is going to pre-snap. It's called looking off coverage before going back to the WR you knew you were going to pre-snap.

And I never questioned his performance against the blitz. I questioned his ability to recognize the blitz. He makes the protection calls right. That is all the standing, pointing and yelling part before the snap. Lot's of free guys got near him in that Playoff loss, cause he called the wrong protection.

This is the part where someone will come in and say bullshit, he never calls protection, only one of their scrub offensive linemen does.

All people will remember is his 3 SBs? I can't even remember the last time they won one.

I do remember 5-5 post season though.

No answer for that one I guess.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

I'll chime in for the first time in this thread, since I've read this Brady argument over the past several posts:

Bashing Brady is ridiculous. Did the bashers notice the ridiculous 36TD, 4INT season he just had?? I mean that is an astonishing statistic. Not to mention the gazillion consecutve passes w/out a pick and the 14-2 record for the umpteenth time.

Now I will FULLY admit he has had THREE bad playoff games in a row! HE WILL ALSO readily admit this! I am also pretty shocked about it. But there are reasons for it. He is not invincible -- if a certain defense can be executed (but a team needs the right players to execute it) AND he has an off game at the same time, the Pats will probably lose....

The Jets were disguising coverages very well, letting Brady read one thing but switching it up at the very last second, and they were getting great jams on his receivers and then rolling all the d-backs to the middle of the field and covering up all the routes he loves. They also effectively got pressure on him. Now even with all that, he had times where he just made bad throws, and there were also times when his YOUNG receivers (tight ends, RBs) were not correctly running their hot routes. It was basically a perfect storm. Baltimore last year and the Giants in the '08 SB were also able to get pressure on him and force him out of his rhythm. There aren't many QBs who will continue to excel when you get a lot of hits on them and take their rhythm away w/ pressure, jams, and coverage. Someone like Big Ben does better in that situation. But of course he can't pick apart a D from the pocket like Brady and Manning can.

statnerds
    Put me in coach

Quote Originally Posted by Capybara View Post
    Bashing Brady is ridiculous. Did the bashers notice the ridiculous 36TD, 4INT season he just had?? I mean that is an astonishing statistic. Not to mention the gazillion consecutve passes w/out a pick and the 14-2 record for the umpteenth time.

Now I will FULLY admit he has had THREE bad playoff games in a row!
    3 in a row? 5-5 would actually cover 10 games. But since I don't want to be considered biased I left it at 10 games, because they are 4-5 L9 Post Season games. But I digress

Okay, we have established the last few years he has become one of the best regular season QBs of all-time. But he sucks in the playoffs. He can't win games anymore. If you are giving him credit for being the main drive behind 3 superbowl wins, you have to give him the credit for not winning them as well. His rating in those L10 Playoff games is 83. Even with his amazing stats over his last 3 seasons, he still is only a 95.2 QB Rating for his career.

He can do whatever he wants in the regular season. Shit, I hope he never loses another regular season game.

I think it is at this point I should mention that with Moss he averaged over 287 yards/game. The season before Moss and after looked like this: 220.6/gm and 243.8/gm respectively.

Tell me again how Brady is awesome, Moss sucks and the Pats didn't need.

The Jets shut them down cause they had no deep threat to stretch the field.

And you can you say all you want about his .8 int % this season, and the impressive 2.2 int % in the regular season for his career, but his 3.43 int % in those last 10 Playoff games and his 16 TD 13 INT L9 Playoff games sucks.

Blame that on whatever you guys want. Feel free to crown him best regular season QB of all-time.

He is officially average in the Post-Season. Hasn't done shit in years in the Playoffs but constantly gets a free pass.

jollyoscars
    jollyoscars's Avatar Become A Pro!

pats should go in a cave and hibernate until next season cuz their season is overrrrrrr

First ... 3456