WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Pats do whats good for them and think long term thats why they compete every year. Moss did attract attention though and not sure the pats have anyone this year outside of welker who attracts any attn which is good for them cause thats how they used to be when they were winning.

statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBlank View Post
    Are you high?

Brady won 3 Super Bowls WITHOUT MOSS. Brady won 0 Super Bowls WITH MOSS.

Brady won 2 Super Bowl MVPs WITHOUT MOSS. Brady won 0 Super Bowl MVPs WITH MOSS.

What exactly has Moss done for Brady?

are you high, or just too stupid to comprehend what you read? I said Brady will go back to being a slightly above average QB with average Career Stats

Moss made him a sure fire hall of famer. and wow, a QB won the Superbowl MVP...don't think has ever happened before.

Since you guys are too lazy or too insulated and don't want your Brady Bubble to burst, I once again will do the work for you, cause Stats never lie

Before Moss

1896 Cmp
    3064 Att
    147 TDs
    78 INTs

wait for it

wait for it

QB Rating: 88.35

Tom Brady never won shit on his own.

why did his TD to INT ratio go from 1.88 before Moss to 3.78 with Moss?

why did his yards/gm jump over 40% with Moss in the offense?

isn't it strange Brady never won a Superbowl with a Defense that wasn't in the Top 10?

you guys act like he is Superman, but 88 QB rating is 88 no matter how you slice or dice it.

oh and with Moss

106.8 QB Rating

hmmm, I wonder what his rating will do now that Moss is gone

stay over 100, or be around 90

Consistency
    Consistency's Avatar Become A Pro!

You guys (for the most part), are incredibly short-sighted on this.

The offense is transitioning to a multiple-TE set (Hernandez and Gronk), with Wes and Julian taking turns at the X and Slot receiver positions. They have Price/Tate for the downfield Z receiver as well.

I see some of you saying "look at Brady before Moss, he was average"... the Patriots success came when they were a distribution offense. Brady makes the correct reads and gets the ball to where the defense dictates it should go. We didn't need an aging, passed his prime "me, me, me!" receiver in Randy Moss. That is why Brady is 5x the QB that Favre is (or was I should say). Brady takes what the defense gives him wheras Favre tries to squeeze em' in there.

Someone else had asked whether the Pats would go .500 from here on out. As I've just started posting here I don't have many... but I will gladly bet all of my points that they play better than .500 ball.

Does this make the Vikings better? Yes. Does this make the Patriots worse? No. Trades aren't a zero-sum game. Randy Moss has different values to different teams and to the weaponless-at-receiver (Percy has migraines and Sid has been out) Vikings, Randy WILL make a difference. The Patriots, however, will be just fine offensively. As a fan, its the D I am worried about. Love having 8 picks in the first four rounds. Our last few picks have been on the secondary and LB core. Our D will mature and I think these moves will make the Patriots a threat in the NFL for at least the next 5-6 years.

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by statnerds View Post
    are you high, or just too stupid to comprehend what you read? I said Brady will go back to being a slightly above average QB with average Career Stats

Moss made him a sure fire hall of famer. and wow, a QB won the Superbowl MVP...don't think has ever happened before.

Since you guys are too lazy or too insulated and don't want your Brady Bubble to burst, I once again will do the work for you, cause Stats never lie

Before Moss

1896 Cmp
    3064 Att
    147 TDs
    78 INTs

wait for it

wait for it

isn't it strange Brady never won a Superbowl with a Defense that wasn't in the Top 10?

you guys act like he is Superman, but 88 QB rating is 88 no matter how you slice or dice it.

oh and with Moss

106.8 QB Rating

You really are dumber than I ever imagined.

So, QB rating is the measuring stick?

Not wins?

Not Super Bowls?

Okay.

Fair enough.

Tony Romo is the 4th greatest QB of all-time---why?

Because his QB rating says so.

You are a dolt.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Moss made him a sure fire hall of famer. --WINNING SUPERBOWLS MADE HIM A FUTURE HALL OF FAMER

and wow, a QB won the Superbowl MVP...don't think has ever happened before.--IDIOTIC AND NOT RELEVANT TO THE ARGUMENT

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

I can't wait to see the Patriots implode. They shouldn't even won their Superbowl, if it weren't for the home bias tuck rule. Billicheat old ways is not going to work anymore, especially with Brady being washed up.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Love it

I say Pats finish 8-8

Moss was the entire offense even if he did not get a lot of yards per game

4 guys guarded him freeing up Welker

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

jj is correct teams will play a different defense against them now, changes things totally up

statnerds
    Put me in coach

Not wins?

Not Super Bowls?
    And Dan Marino sucks then cause he never won a ring?

Footballtime
    Footballtime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Moss has a big mouth, Like our friend JJ, GL FBT

statnerds
    Put me in coach

I truly can't wait to bump this thread when the Pats miss the post season this year

you guys seem to keep ignoring that Brady won those Superbowls when the Pats HAD a Top 10 Defense.

funny you concentrate purely on the Rating in an attempt to discredit the argument. and since QB Rating is built on STATS I can only assume that attempts, completions, TDs and INTs shouldn't be used to distinguish QBs from another.

that is the logical result from your line of thinking.

Guess that makes Trent Dilfer a hall of famer as well

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

I truly can't wait to bump this thread when the Pats miss the post season this year you guys seem to keep ignoring that Brady won those Superbowls when the Pats HAD a Top 10 Defense. funny you concentrate purely on the Rating in an attempt to discredit the argument. and since QB Rating is built on STATS I can only assume that attempts, completions, TDs and INTs shouldn't be used to distinguish QBs from another. that is the logical result from your line of thinking. Guess that makes Trent Dilfer a hall of famer as well
    Called a salary cap, while Brady was winning all those superbowls with no running game (Corey Dillion part of only 1 SB) and no name WRs....Peyton Manning was putting up amazing stats in an amazing offense....but the defense sucked. Patriots spent money on the defense while the Colts spent money on the offense. Brady did what he had to do, look at all the game winning drives, he's a winner....and when put in a great offense puts up great numbers....what more do you want.

statnerds
    Put me in coach

And another thing, I love that you guys have the memory of a tick.

Brady sucked in the first Superbowl win. Are you really crediting him alone with the win? Hard to credit a defense that gave up 427 yards. just as hard to credit it to a guy that sucked the entire game and put together 1 drive at the right time. how the fukk do you win MVP as a QB by throwing for 145 yards? I guess he did deserve it the way he made Wilkins miss a FG, got Ty Law a TD and forced 3 turnovers.

and I love the rose colored glasses even more when it comes to the cheating.

must have some serious shit on them videos for Roger to destroy them.

I've never heard of another team being accused of having the visitor's locker room bugged.

This is the part where you guys run scared and just hurl insults instead of addressing the facts..

Did they get caught cheating?

Yes.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Brady is a great qb, but they also won those superbowls on great defense as well. Moss is just like every other thug. He plays good his first year then dials it down. He quits on most plays and Tips off defenders on runs as he half asses it then looks back at the line.

Watching the game, while guys were running back TD's etc Moss just stood behind Brady with his arms crossed and pouting. He will tear it up in Minny, then Favre will retire and then bitch about having to be thrown to by Jackson, etc etc. Guy is wasted talent and it's a shame

statnerds
    Put me in coach

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    Watching the game, while guys were running back TD's etc Moss just stood behind Brady with his arms crossed and pouting. He will tear it up in Minny, then Favre will retire and then bitch about having to be thrown to by Jackson, etc etc. Guy is wasted talent and it's a shame
    He is the offensive equivalent of Albert Haynesworth. Waste of fukkin talent as well.

Think he will do well this first year in Minny as he definitely has to prove he is worth more than a third round pick.

I just don't see the logic of getting rid of your only deep threat and your only WR over 5'7"...

for real though, their tallest WR is 6'1" now. Welker as a No. 2, really?

I could definitely see a shift toward a ball control offense through short, high-percentage passes, but with a shit defense? when the lowest yardage total you gave up all year is 336, you got issues.

can't wait to hear the excuses at the end of this season. let's see Brady win without a defense.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

Yeah right, belichick would make a decision like that based on one game. Smart post.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

i think they could got more than a 3rd rounder out of him

bretb27
    It's all about the money...
    bretb27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Before Moss

1896 Cmp
    3064 Att
    147 TDs
    78 INTs

wait for it

wait for it

oh and with Moss

106.8 QB Rating

take away harrison and wayne from manning and he's in the same boat. Good receivers make qb's play well, wow... that's a ******* shocker. You're argument is moot. To say Brady is a slightly above average qb is a ******* joke. I'll take rings over qb ratings all day. And if you think Brady's performance will go down you're an idiot. Furthermore, if you think the Patriots aren't still a contender you probably like dick in your mouth.

bretb27

not to mention he got welker the same time as moss... how do you know those numbers didn't increase because of wes? you're a tool
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Naz18

statnerds
    Put me in coach

Quote Originally Posted by bretb27 View Post
    take away harrison and wayne from manning and he's in the same boat. Good receivers make qb's play well, wow... that's a ******* shocker. You're argument is moot. To say Brady is a slightly above average qb is a ******* joke. I'll take rings over qb ratings all day. And if you think Brady's performance will go down you're an idiot. Furthermore, if you think the Patriots aren't still a contender you probably like dick in your mouth.
    So and if can again extend your line of thought to its logical conclusion, then almost any QB would have won with the Patriots. Again I say that by your line of reasoning, Marino sucked and Dilfer should be in the Hall of Fame. Brady's stats were pedestrian before Moss came to town, and they will revert to that once again. His completion percentage will be fairly high throwing 4 yard passes, but his yds/att is going to suffer.

He was a good enough QB to when he got trouble throw it high and deep and Randy go get it.

A contender? Let me check their schedule...

7-5 rest of the way this year, at best, but I suspect 6-6 will be the order of the day. I will go on record as calling a 9-7 finish for the Pats, with a very slim chance at a Wild Card.

If only your profanity laced and fatally flawed logic could play defense for the Patriots.

Oh wait, they have Brady, the greatest QB to ever live.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by HustleGetPaid View Post
    Pats vs Vikes in the Super Bowl...
    This would be incredible. But I could totally see it.

I said it before, this is a good move for both teams. Pats are playing for the future, the Vikings are playing for 2010. Funny how the Pats compile winning records while rebuilding. I gain more and more respect for the Pats franchise with every move they make. Addition by subtraction going on here.

I can't wait for the weeks to come, with both teams "improving" through this move. I can see some of the Pats WRs stepping up and Moss won't be missed. On the other hand, the Vikings offense finally comes to life and the defenses no longer able to stack 8 or 9 in the box against Peterson, watch Peterson explode.

coinpusha
    coinpusha's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

I think the Pats made the right decision. It's amazing how many millionaire cry babies are in the nfl. Moss is just another T.O. I would be so depressed like these two guys if I had millions.

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

Miami kicked the crap out of them, most of those points were given to them in turnovers

Pats are going to get it right up their ass

^^+1

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

Before Moss

1896 Cmp
    3064 Att
    147 TDs
    78 INTs

wait for it

wait for it

oh and with Moss

106.8 QB Rating

LOL I HAVE Been saying this same thing for TIMEE!!!! awesome post.

these retarded so called 'pats' followers forgot all the amazing players the pats had on offense and defense in those super bowl runs... i listed like 17 of them in a different thread the list is amazing...

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57693

Moss = jackass

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Look for Moss to have a big game Monday Night

Brady never through him the fukkin ball

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Look for Moss to have a big game Monday Night Brady never through him the fukkin ball
    u clearly didnt watch patriot games JJ.

coloradobuff
    coloradobuff's Avatar Become A Pro!

What were the Patriots thinking?

Trade moss now, which causes a big dropoff at WR.

Patriots were one of the top 3-4 teams in the AFC and i think trading moss, has put them a step back now.

Why not just keep moss and see what would have happened in playoffs?

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Because at end of the year they wouldnt get anything for him so this way pats atleast get a 3rd rounder for him.

Pats are looking at possible trade of Mankins(holding out) for Vincent Jackson.
    Pats are also possibly looking to trade for deion branch who was a big part of their superbowls.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

patriots want to win titles not go 19-0. they had moss and won zero titles. it has been proven and is an absolute fact randy moss on your team equals zero superbowls, he is not a winner and will not take a punch in the face to win a game, period. there is no reason to have any player on your team if it doesn't equal an end result of a superbowl. the patriots have and will win a superbowl without moss, not with him. nobody will.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

stat nerd brings up some semi-valid points. brady's numbers overall have been above average for his entire career and spiked with the addition of moss and welker. far less emphasis on running game the past 3-4 seasons as well. all that having been said, no gm in the nfl that wants to keep his job would take any qb other than manning or brady to start in a big game.

do not like losing moss, but maybe the marriage had run its course. bill's personnel decisions have been spot on with 90% of players he let go. aside from ty law and possibly gaffney and asante samuel, name a guy who has made a big impact after leaving pats. seymour has done little on oak and would still be a pat if he didn't run his mouth about contract during a team meeting. vinateri was no longer worth the big $. vrabel has done nada in kc. branch=bust. the list is endless. time will tell how much this move bites ne in the ass, but with their brutal schedule 9-10 wins was the best case scenario with or without moss.

Grandmaster B
    Retired
    Grandmaster B's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not wins?

Not Super Bowls?

Okay.

Fair enough.

Tony Romo is the 4th greatest QB of all-time---why?

Because his QB rating says so.

You are a dolt.

thats the same guy who told me that Alex Smith was good and the 49ers would win with him

Grandmaster B
    Retired
    Grandmaster B's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bretb27 View Post

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Are you high?

Brady won 3 Super Bowls WITHOUT MOSS. Brady won 0 Super Bowls WITH MOSS.

Brady won 2 Super Bowl MVPs WITHOUT MOSS. Brady won 0 Super Bowl MVPs WITH MOSS.

What exactly has Moss done for Brady?
    Braday set the TD mark with Moss, and Moss set the TD record as well. Moss went 18-0 with Brady and caught what would have been the winning pass in the SB.

Moss doesn't play defense, blame the loss on them.

You don't get rid of a HOF player without hurting the team. Who benefited with Moss being out there? Welker did because Moss drew the double teams.

bretb27

You naysayers act as though Randy Moss is the only fukking guy that can catch a football. It's not that hard fellas. Look at the routes he ran; they were so slow and lazy it was unreal. The idiots who think getting rid of Moss was a horrible idea are the same idiots who are saying Brady sucks as a qb. Moss doesn't help our offense unless he's making big plays and by my count he made one in 4 games.. and we lost that game. We do not need Randy Moss to win games it's that easy. Wes Welker has done equally as much if not more than Randy Moss and he's a team player, and probably the biggest reason Moss left.. seeing as how everyone loves him more and all.

First 12345 ... Last