kurt_06518
    kurt_06518's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

Dolphins/Patriots analysis

I am actually surprised the majority is going with the Pats. i think it is name recognizition more than anything. The Pats defesne has major issues, they couldnt stop the jets, and they couldnt stop the worst team in football at home in the Bills. I see ronnie brown and ricky williams running all over them. I see the dolphins owning time of possession. I think they will wear down the PAts with ball control. Brady willtill get his points but after this game is over, everyone will begin to start talking about the end of an era because the Pats will prove they are the 3rd best team in the league. The Pats have no running game, no defense, and the dolphins have a formidable defense that will alow some points through the air but will also stop them more than they will be stopped. 48 Points is a lot so I am staying away but i will i can see a 27-21 dolphins win and will take them hard tonight.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Patriots will be able to run the ball tonight.

kurt_06518

they will? dont you need a running back in order to run the ball?

kurt_06518

i am all for hearing others peoples thoughts but if u reply with "pats will run the ball," that means nothing, if you think that is the case, why is that, what is your analysis to defend the idea that the pats will be successful

tomcast
    tomcast's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 251

I am all over miami tonight

ejt87
    ejt87's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm surprised most people like the pats with that tissue paper defense of theirs. It just makes me want to go with the home divisional dog dolphins that much more. Brady has historically struggled in Miami, you can't look past that fact.

kurt_06518

tom, why do u think so many r hitting the pats, i jsut think people see pats and pick em and they think its a no brainer. Well i think the only reason it is a pick em is cause it is the pats and if it was another team of similar talent, miami would be a 3-4 point favorite

gushman
    gushman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Miami!

AMcBoarder
    AMcBoarder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Quote Originally Posted by kurt_06518 View Post
    tom, why do u think so many r hitting the pats, i jsut think people see pats and pick em and they think its a no brainer. Well i think the only reason it is a pick em is cause it is the pats and if it was another team of similar talent, miami would be a 3-4 point favorite
    Agreed. To the square this looks like a deal. The public are all over the Patriots. As long as the Dolphins come out with a little more enthusiasm as compared to last week they should be fine.

Jakesteen
    Jakesteen's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dolphins need this win.

kurt_06518

jake, dont play into that. I always hear every week how a team needs a win therefore they have to cover, very bad strategy and u will get destroyed long term. Pats need the win too cause whoever loses is 1-2 in Division

GatorTD
    GatorTD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

I was going to pass on this game, but line movement of -1 to +1 on a Pats team that has 67% of the bets screams make the smart choice and go with the Fins, just like the forum read the same plays on both the Browns and the Giants.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

I take it you didn't watch the Pats-Bills game. The Pats offense struggled because of stupid penalties putting them into a lot of 1st and 20's and 2nd and longs. The defense didn't play THAT poorly. One of the Bills scores came on a kick return, and they were set up with great field position a few times. The Pats had 3 red zone stops, which led to field goals instead of touchdowns. The defense did look bad at times, but nearly as bad as everyone is making them out to be. They are young, fast, and physical. If you don't believe me, look up some of the quotes from the Bills last week, including Lee Evans-

"They play with a lot of energy. High energy. They are aggressive against the run. They have guys who can run and play pretty physical. They do a good job. They did a couple things; playing over the top a lot, trying to run guys underneath, there was a couple times they showed their depth. They did a good job playing cover 2 in the running game, trying to come down and get physical."

As far as the running game, they have 3 very different and effective backs. Benjarvis Green-Ellis is the most complete healthy back, Sammy Morris is a bruiser, and Danny Woodhead is basically the Wes Welker of running backs. He is fast as all hell, and most importantly, nobody knows how to play him yet. These 3 are not great on their own, but the versatility they bring makes the running game a threat.

This should be a very good game. If Henne can keep his composure and play like he did last week, it should be a shootout. I like the Pats to win by a TD, but this is a toss up. I think I'm only taking the Pats Over 23.5, but maybe some prop bets too, depending on what is offered.

GL guys

kurt_06518

if the pats defense is so good, why would they have to make 3 red zone stops. How could a good defense allow the worst offense in football to march up the field at home time and time again. Lets be realistic here, its ok to defend teh pats and have ur reasons but ur going to tell us they have a good defense? Their defense is awful. And ur also going to start preaching green-ellis? listen ur only posiiton should be brady and u say brady will outduel henne and if u say that, there isnt much i can counter with because i can see that happening but to say how the pats have this sick defense and 3 headed running monster, ha

kurt_06518

and why i love dolphins even more, only chance pats have winning is brady jsut dominating tonight. Unfortunately these pics just came out of giselle, going to be tough for my boy to focus tonight hahaha

rsnnh12

if the pats defense is so good, why would they have to make 3 red zone stops. How could a good defense allow the worst offense in football to march up the field at home time and time again. Lets be realistic here, its ok to defend teh pats and have ur reasons but ur going to tell us they have a good defense? Their defense is awful. And ur also going to start preaching green-ellis? listen ur only posiiton should be brady and u say brady will outduel henne and if u say that, there isnt much i can counter with because i can see that happening but to say how the pats have this sick defense and 3 headed running monster, ha
    Strong rebuttal.

First of all, please point out where I said they have a good defense? I'll help you out- here's what I said-

"The defense didn't play THAT poorly"
    "The defense did look bad at times, but not nearly as bad as everyone is making them out to be"

Good reading comprehension there, skippy.

Of the Bills scoring drives, only 1 was over 60 yards, and the only 1 that was was late in the 4th, when the Pats were sitting back trying to avoid a big play. Two drives started inside the Pats 37, and the other 2 were just beyond midfield. But you're right, the Bills "marched up the field time and time again"

The Pats ran for 200 yards. Sure, it was the Bills, but that's still a lot of yards. Averaged over 5 YPC. Green-Ellis ran for 98 and averaged 6 YPC. Again, you didn't watch the game, did you? With the pass game that the Pats have, it opens up the running game, and their backs are effective.

Tell ya what, you tell me why the Pats running game is such a joke.

kurt_06518

hahah, green ellis avergaed 6 yards a carry at home vs the bills and now he is the man and the dolphins should fear him? How did teh jets do on teh road against the bills? oh yeah, they had 2 100 yard rushers, haha. Also how did green ellis do against teh jets, oh yeah 10 carries for 19 yards. Why dont we jsut label him and chris johnson and adrian peterson the top 3 backs in the game

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

If Pats weren't such a public team, Miami would be closer to -3 at home here. Miami has the better defense, and while Pats are still better offensively, Miami has closed the gap and become more diversified.

Also, as some have alluded to, there is some nice RLM here with 67% of bets on New England as of 11:50am ET.

rsnnh12

hahah, green ellis avergaed 6 yards a carry at home vs the bills and now he is the man and the dolphins should fear him? How did teh jets do on teh road against the bills? oh yeah, they had 2 100 yard rushers, haha. Also how did green ellis do against teh jets, oh yeah 10 carries for 19 yards. Why dont we jsut label him and chris johnson and adrian peterson the top 3 backs in the game
    LOL dude, the Jets averaged 5.6 YPC against the Bills... Pats averaged 5.3. But you're right, they were SOOO much better.

Apparently you don't know how to read, because I never said that BGE is a top running back. I said their running game is effective, which clearly it is. 3 backs with very different styles, plus 1 of the most dominant passing games in the NFL, equals a lot of potential for solid rushing. And since you're bringing up bad rushing against good D's- Chris Johnson 16 carries for 34 yards against Pit. So Chris Johnson sucks, right?

You said the Pats run game sucks, I gave you stats showing otherwise. And again, the Pats passing game is the focal point of the game, so they only need the run game to be decent.
    Points Awarded:

shakinakin gave rsnnh12 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

GoldRush7
    GoldRush7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Aaron Hernandez could have a big night for the pats, he's my pick to click

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Over. Both defenses will struggle.

Concerning Brady and Gisele, if it bothers him
    he will just throw caution to the wind.
    bombs to Moss.

BET THE HOOK
    BET THE HOOK's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have liked NE all week but it looks like a trap. I am a Dolphins fan and will probably just leave this game alone because if you lose on this one you have to feel stupid because you can argue either side of this one pretty good.