Mr Windy City
    BANNED
    Mr Windy City's Avatar Become A Pro!

Week 3 HUGE Play! - Jacksonville Jaguars

This is it ladies and gentleman. The Jaguars will beat the Eagles at home this coming Sunday. BANK ON IT! Getcha some on the money line as well.

Jacksonville Jaguars +3 (-120)
    Risking 1200 to Win 1000

Jacksonville Jaguars +125
    Risking 400 to Win 500

Saluki09
    Saluki09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 350

I like it

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Saluki09 View Post
    I like it

krazey47409
    disabledcantpostorpm yyyyyy?????
    krazey47409's Avatar Become A Pro!

with reid playing kolb you got a good chance of winning this i hope not though eagles my team but i think we got a much better chance of winning with vick

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

why do you love this play

kempf
    kempf's Avatar Become A Pro!

tons of reasons to like this play, im all over it as well.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

alka07
    alka07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 70

if kolb starts good chance that jax wil win, tha o-line of philly is reaaaaly bad

KACK
    KACK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3495

I like this play but a "HUGE PLAY" not sure about... If you're so sure please give me some info why??? GL

Power Play
    Power Play's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hard to say. Vick might come in if Kolb stinks it up too bad. If Kolb's guaranteed to keep playing no matter what than Jags are definitely the play.

TheCommish
    TheCommish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Kolb will have the game of his life... he knows he needs it to keep his job.

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCommish View Post
    Kolb will have the game of his life... he knows he needs it to keep his job.
    Disagree 100%. Let's face it, he looked like a chicken with his head cutoff against the packers. He got knocked out and Vick came in and was the better quarterback. Then Vick started again last week and pulled out a small 3 point win against the Lowly Lions. Even though they look like a better team under Vick basically, the Eagles give the ball back to Kolb. Kolb is the number 1 guy in Philly for at least 2 more years. Even if Vick plays good the Eagles are showing they want Kolb as their guy.

He's gonna look like a chicken with his head cut off this coming sunday and MJD is going to run all over the Eagles. Just my two cents.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

jax is on my teaser radar, good luck!

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    jax is on my teaser radar, good luck!
    Who else is on your radar?

I like this one:

10 Pt 3 Teamer:
    Jax +13
    Bears +13
    Vikings -.5

or

Jax +13
    Cowboys +13
    Broncos +16

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!
    borednaz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think I could be on the Jax,Cow, Broncos. Just depends on how they recover from the loss of their teammate.

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by borednaz View Post
    I think I could be on the Jax,Cow, Broncos. Just depends on how they recover from the loss of their teammate.
    They will play with some heart is my guess and probably dedicate the game to him. I'm just talking about taking them in a 10 point teaser. Just can't see them losing by 17+ at home, can't see Jax losing by 14+ at home, and I can see the Texans beating the Cowgirls, just not by 14+.

CMangano
    CMangano's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Jax as well. San Diego is a great home team and Jax had a terrible time with turnovers against SD. I doubt the Jags are gonna turn it over 6 times again. The only thing I don't like is that vig, at +3 -120 I like it, at +3 -110 I would love it. Philly is getting pounded at the moment so I am keeping my eye on it hoping I can get Jax at a better price.

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CMangano View Post
    I like Jax as well. San Diego is a great home team and Jax had a terrible time with turnovers against SD. I doubt the Jags are gonna turn it over 6 times again. The only thing I don't like is that vig, at +3 -120 I like it, at +3 -110 I would love it. Philly is getting pounded at the moment so I am keeping my eye on it hoping I can get Jax at a better price.
    You will get a better price, when it drops to 2.5. If you want the 3 take it now, before it will cost you more.

CMangano

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Windy City View Post
    You will get a better price, when it drops to 2.5. If you want the 3 take it now, before it will cost you more.
    If Philly keeps getting pounded you don't think this could go to 3 -110?

uanl
    uanl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 160

Vick just named the starter by Andy Reid!!

CMangano

Yep, I think this is a good thing. Philly should get pounded even more now and Jax should end up getting a good price. The public should overreact to this.

bretb27
    It's all about the money...
    bretb27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

i would never make a "huge play" on a team as bad the jags.

Fleeben
    Fleeben's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Classic trap game public all over Jags after 2 bad quarters vs a good defense.

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeben View Post
    Classic trap game public all over Jags after 2 bad quarters vs a good defense.
    What? Public all over the JAGS? Where?

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bretb27 View Post
    i would never make a "huge play" on a team as bad the jags.
    They are 1-1 just like the Eagles. How bad are they compared to the Eagles?

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Windy City View Post

Disagree 100%. Let's face it, he looked like a chicken with his head cutoff against the packers. He got knocked out and Vick came in and was the better quarterback. Then Vick started again last week and pulled out a small 3 point win against the Lowly Lions. Even though they look like a better team under Vick basically, the Eagles give the ball back to Kolb. Kolb is the number 1 guy in Philly for at least 2 more years. Even if Vick plays good the Eagles are showing they want Kolb as their guy.

He's gonna look like a chicken with his head cut off this coming sunday and MJD is going to run all over the Eagles. Just my two cents.
    Vick named the starter, now what? Your basing your bet strictly on the QB which in this case you thought it would be Kolb (even without confirmation). Also I wanted to quote you on when you said "Vick started again last week and pulled out a 3 point win". You probably didn't watch the game so i'll tell you what happened. Vick played GREAT! (check his stats) Only reason that the game was decided by 3 points was because of that Eagle defense letting their foot off the pedal late in the game. With the Eagles returning home that defense will get their shit back in gear and Vick should probably have a half decent game. Jags offense with Garrard is awful and Jones-Drew will not win the game for them himself. Jags defense is far from anything special so your Jags +3 looks a little shaky. I'll probably play the Eagles -3 but haven't decided yet.

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by D3 Mighty Ducks View Post

Vick named the starter, now what? Your basing your bet strictly on the QB which in this case you thought it would be Kolb (even without confirmation). Also I wanted to quote you on when you said "Vick started again last week and pulled out a 3 point win". You probably didn't watch the game so i'll tell you what happened. Vick played GREAT! (check his stats) Only reason that the game was decided by 3 points was because of that Eagle defense letting their foot off the pedal late in the game. With the Eagles returning home that defense will get their shit back in gear and Vick should probably have a half decent game. Jags offense with Garrard is awful and Jones-Drew will not win the game for them himself. Jags defense is far from anything special so your Jags +3 looks a little shaky. I'll probably play the Eagles -3 but haven't decided yet.
    Actually, I did see the game. And I'm a big Vick supporter pal. Jags +3 is still the play. See you Sunday.

Dex17
    Dex17's Avatar Become A Pro!

I liked this play until Vick was just announced. I still lean to Jax, but I'd rather play the over.

bo281
    bo281's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1241

I have watched every jaguars game in since the franchise started in 95 and am 4-0 picking there games this year. This spread is off by 6 points jags should be favored by 3. Last week the Jags should have been getting double digits, seems to me vegas is way off on this team.

Reasons they win:
    1. It comes down to running the football for Jacksonville, when they get Jones-Drew established they win the game. They will have zero problem getting the run started against the Eagles who haven't been able to stop the run in years. Garrard is an average quarterback, however when the running game gets going he is an excellent game manager(as seen in their first game). Look for Marcedes Lewis and Mike Thomas to get a lot of looks.

2. Jaguars defense is much improved this year with a strong front 7. Their secondary is very iffy, expect a couple big plays deep but other than that I expect the Jags to hold the Eagles in the 14-17 point ball park. Mike Vick has yet to face a challenge this year, playing green bay's prevent defense for a half and the lions who have the worst secondary in league.

3. The Jaguars have put together what I believe is the best special teams unit in the league together and advantage in that category. Jacksonville has been very strong in bounce back performances over the years, when people get down on them they suprise and win. As soon as they are expected to win they let down. This is a perfect scenario for them going home against an eagles team on back to back road games. Last time the eagles played in september in jacksonville they completely wilted in the heat. The first game against the Broncos was another example of a team dieing out in the jacksonville heat.

There are way to many factors in the Jaguars favor for them to be underdogs.

Jags 27 Eagles 17

bo281
    bo281's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1241

Eagles don't return home its in Jacksonville. Garrard is not awful, I'm not saying he is the best, but his stats from last week are no indication of how he will play against the Eagles. Your right Jaguars defense is nothing special but it is far better than the Eagles. Vick did play well against the lions, but lets put it in perspective. The Lions secondary is awful, and Vick's game is on a whole different level on turf. On grass he looks out of control and if there was a stat for wild throws i believe vick would lead the league. I would say play the Eagles at your own risk.

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

and before you just shoot down my wager and tell me it looks "shaky", make sure you know who's at home and on the road pal. Eagles are not going back home like you said, they are going to Florida, where they will lose lose to the Jax Jaguars.

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bo281 View Post

Eagles don't return home its in Jacksonville. Garrard is not awful, I'm not saying he is the best, but his stats from last week are no indication of how he will play against the Eagles. Your right Jaguars defense is nothing special but it is far better than the Eagles. Vick did play well against the lions, but lets put it in perspective. The Lions secondary is awful, and Vick's game is on a whole different level on turf. On grass he looks out of control and if there was a stat for wild throws i believe vick would lead the league. I would say play the Eagles at your own risk.
    Let's get it Bo!

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

WOW. Eagles line is on the move. They were -141 at pinny all week. They now sit at -133 and they are making you lay -126 if you want the Jaguars. There are 5 games that have -3 for the game line. Check out the moneylines on these fellas. JAX rolls Sunday!!!

Sun 9/26 399 Tennessee Titans +3 -107 +137 OVER 42.5 +102
    10:00 AM 400 New York Giants -3 -103 -151 UNDER 42.5 -113

Sun 9/26 407 Cincinnati Bengals -3 -111 -173 OVER 38 -102
    10:00 AM 408 Carolina Panthers +3 +103 +156 UNDER 38 -108

Sun 9/26 411 San Francisco 49ers -3 +110 -140 OVER 36.5 -110
    10:00 AM 412 Kansas City Chiefs +3 -119 +127 UNDER 36.5 +100

Sun 9/26 415 Dallas Cowboys +3 -127 +120 OVER 47.5 +100
    10:00 AM 416 Houston Texans -3 +117 -133 UNDER 47.5 -110

Sun 9/26 419 Philadelphia Eagles -3 +116 -133 OVER 44.5 -109
    01:05 PM 420 Jacksonville Jaguars +3 -126 +120UNDER 44.5 -101

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

Added Plays For Sunday: This is gonna be a huge week!!!!!!!

Dallas Cowboys +3 (-120)
    Risking 240 to Win 200

Atlanta Falcons +4 (-115)
    Risking 230 to Win 200

Denver Broncos +6 (-115)
    Risking 230 to Win 200

sharper2
    sharper2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6817

on the plays, i like all of them except the Cowboys +3. Can't see texans losing this game for some reason. AJ + Schuab finally got it going last week, don't see why the won't be able to rip apart the secondary of the cowboys. Romo will have a better game against the Houston's secondary though, McNabb + Manning had amazing games against this secondary, Cowboys won't get it done on the road in my opinion even though this is sort of a must win for them right now cause they need a little confidence after looking bad on the road at washington and losing to the bears. Good luck on all the other plays though, gonna tail the Jax play, hope your gut feeling is right!

12 Last