Renojaguar
    Renojaguar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 938

Monday night fooball pick

I hope to put some change back into my pocket after an 0-5-1 in college and 0-2 in the NFL losing my 7* GOY on ELI "stick it in my ass" Manning. A complete Debacle this weekend.

The 49ers got an embarrassing performance last week against the Seahawks in a 31-6 loss . Now San Fran looks to turn the tables against Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints. Just eight days after getting smacked by the Seattle Seahawks, the San Francisco 49ers will look to level their record on the season in one of their biggest games of the year, as the New Orleans Saints come to town. This Monday Night Football affair might be a potential playoff preview, as both of these teams are expected to win their respective divisions. The Niners had some major red zone problems, going 0-for-3 in terms of scoring TDs inside the 20 and only having a pair of 23 yard field goals to show for their entire day's worth of work. Quarterback Alex Smith was atrocious at times, especially in the second half. He went just 26-of-45 for 225 yards with no TDs and two picks, one of which was returned for a TD. TE Vernon Davis, who had eight catches for 73 yards, no one else on the offense had a game that was even worth mentioning. Running back Frank Gore needs to do better for the Niners to win this game, as rushing for 38 yards on 17 carries certainly won't cut it yet again for the hosts.

There was just something about the way that the Saints played last week that left a level of uneasiness about the season for the Bayou faithful. On the night that they raised their first Super Bowl banner in the Louisiana Superdome, the hosts came up with a questionable 14-9 win over the Minnesota Vikings. Quarterback Drew Brees was thought to be able to throw for well over 4,000 yards yet again this year. However, after going 27-of-36 for 237 yards and a TD against an above average, but not spectacular defense, those thoughts of 4,000+ yards might be premature. The running game needs to be more consistent as well. Watching RB Pierre Thomas rumble for 71 yards on 19 carries against a solid defense was nice, but RB Reggie Bush needs more than two carries to be a difference maker in any game this year. Wide receiver Marques Colston was the only man that had more than 40 receiving yards on the day in black and gold.New Orleans is a whopping 10-2 against the spread in its last 12 meetings against the 49ers. The Niners haven't won a game in this series SU since 2002, something that Singletary is certainly telling his team about in practice this week.New Orleans is 7-1-1 ATS in its last nine games played on grass, but San Fran is 16-5 ATS in its last 21 showings on Monday Night Football.The last time these two teams met was in 2008, and the Saints walked away with a 31-17 victory. The year before, they met in San Fran, with the visitors taking away a 31-10 win. New Orleans has scored at least 30 points in four straight meetings, But even with the odds stacked heavily against the 49'ers, You have to believe Coach Singletary has a plan for the home opener on Monday Night Football. The Sainta defense used cover-2 for a majority of plays and it was obvious in the first half that the Vikings offensive line was expecting blitzes that never occurred. It was a very effective scheme, but did leave some holes that the 49ers may be able to exploit. In playing the cover-2, it leaves holes down the seams and this area is normally exploited with the tight end. The 49ers have one of the best tight ends in the NFL in Vernon Davis and quarterback Alex Smith must get the ball to him. Even in base plays getting Davis the ball will augment the entire offensive game plan. He must be a focus point and he must get at least a dozen balls thrown to him.
    If Alex Smith can go early and often to Vernon Davis. It could keep the 49'ers a whole lot closer than most experts think. I like the 49'ers tonight with a pissed off Singletary.

2* SAN FRANSISCO 49'ERS +5

falconticket
    falconticket's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1762

Nah take Saints, its obvious. Just cause 49ers got the shit kicked out of them and want to make up for it don't mean nothing. They can't beat the Saint. They will go 0-2 in my opinion. GL

hawaii808
    hawaii808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1253

im on the 49ers, brought it up to 7