dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 38325

Question to you guys who live on the West Coast and watch sports

[COLOR=#000000 ! important]I live in the East Coast so NFL games start at 1:00PM Eastern Time and then 4:15PM and the nightcap is at 8:20PM. My question is do you guys find it frustrating to wake up so early to have to watch these games? I mean everything on TV in the USA seems to be based on Eastern Time.

I mean for the people here on the East Coast and it being 1PM we can eat pizza and have beers for these games and the later games. But i cannot imagine eating pizza at 10am and watching the games. I know many of you guys are used to it but wouldn't you rather have games start at 1pm your time??

Another thing is if you want to watch NBA games or MLB games, games start at 7pm eastern time which is 4pm for you on the West Coast. Most people don't even get off work at 4pm. Now if you only watch your West coast teams like the Lakers, Dodgers, Giants etc its fine but isn't it frustrating watching the world series between the Yankees and Phillies and having it start at 5:30pm your time?? I mean even when the Lakers play the championship, it starts at around 6pm for you guys since thats a pretty late start for people watching at 9pm on the East Coast. Don't you guys find it annoying since all laker games during the regular season and in the postseason start at 7:30pm but then it has to start early in the NBA Finals?

I also find it weird that once its past 10 o clock on the west coast, there is no more games left. On the East Coast, people who do bad at the 7 o clock games need a bailout game etc but for you guys, there is pretty much no games to watch past 10:30pm since its 1:30AM in the east coast. Now i know other countries in Europe, Asia and Australia have it worst if they like American sports because the time there is much diffferent. You might have to wake up at 3am just to watch an NBA game. But for you guys on the west coast, does this bother you?? I know if i was at the west coast, i would find it extremely weird that majority of games will start at 4PM for me.
    [/COLOR]

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

I know...it sucks being in west coast....most of the NBA and MLB games start at 4 pm and I am at work till 6:30 pm . If I were in east coast, i could come home by 7 pm and watch all games till midnight. Sucks to be in west coast if you are a punter and watch lot of games. But then again, I am an engineer and most of the jobs for me are in bay area...so cant help it .

cal
    cal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 875

Don't mind so much with football season. It's baseball season that always has a conflict with work.

VegasPlayer
    VegasPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6319

Took a trip to Michigan a few years ago. Felt kind of strange watching baseball til 1:30 AM
    Chiefs game last night ended about 1:00 AM EST too. Too old for that stuff.
    Kind of a pain with BB and Saturday football. Have to get up and hustle to the book for some of those 9:00 AM starts.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

not much you can do about baseball

with football you simply should adjust your weekend. Go to sleep a little earlier Saturday night so you can get up at 9 AM Sunday morning, get your bets in, and enjoy the games.

VegasPlayer
    VegasPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6319

Books stay open 20 hours a day during football weekends also.

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

If you bet on football...it doesnt really matter which coast you are in. If you bet on MLB, NBA and NHL, then staying in east coast is the best option as the games start from 4 PM PST.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Central and Mountain times are the best for all sports but if I had to choose between East coast and West coast than that's real easy... West coast. Times are early but you can go out afterwards and party. Plus most people leave work early for most games. Very laid back lifestyle. East coast sucks with some it's late games, especially if you have to go to work the next morning.

LV420
    LV420's Avatar Become A Pro!

We just start drinking earlier so it's no problem. Its all what your used to.

falconticket
    falconticket's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1762

I have lived in ga my entire life and I always have wondered how people on the west coast do it. I can't imagine watching a game at 9 am. But I guess its what u are use to. I was up late last night watching the kc game. But if the mnf game started at 5 or 6 here I would miss most of it for work. But I guess its good I don't live out west. If I started drinking beer at 9 am I would be fukked up by noon.

Grosshhit
    Grosshhit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 342

sucked because i would have to wake up early as fuk and usually hungover and would have to cap the games
    bf0d7e26-63ab-49d5-9e9e-a202fce5ad78

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Living in Toronto on the East coast this was a question i've always asked myself, I'm glad someone finally asked it

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Not a problem. I wake up in the morning on the East Coast and watch a couple soccer games before football starts. In fact if I lived on the West Coast I could have come home from partying Saturday night and watch soccer games until football starts.

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

Personally I like the early games here on the west coast. It's nice to be able to basically wake up and have the games start right away. I wouldn't want to wait around until 1pm every Sunday, but that's just me. The flip side is sometimes you need to make last minute wagers/fantasy changes based on late news, but usually a half an hour grace is all I need.

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

That would be pretty cool to wake up and to watch football while eating breakfast and drinking your coffee. I have to say i've become immune to the East coast side of things. Football starts at 1pm and the 4pm games follow right after. Those game leads us to the Sunday nighter and before I know it, its already Monday.

yisman

bobby I like it a lot better having time beforehand. I have time to handicap the games and get all my football picks and bets in.

If I lived on the west coast I'd have a problem on NFL Sundays.

Mighty, when you say immune, do you mean accustomed?

Rig
    Rig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 27

I prefer early NFL games I find that don't get in the way of 'social' meetings
    And there's always the night game?
    How did you watch sd vs chiefs ud be up to 1:30?!?!

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

I actually always thought it would suck to be on the East Coast and have to stay up til 1 to finish a baseball game. And I like having early football games because it gives me more motivation to wake up. Don't have much time to fire up the pit before a game, but I don't like being glued anyways. I HELLA like being on the West Coast.

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

10am NFL is freaking awesome.

daneault23
    daneault23's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4943

Yeah the 10am football times for NFL is cool only when you have your bets already placed and can wake up and turn on the tv n eat ur breakfast. Same thing with college football. But it also sucks for college football cuz you don't always have ur wagers placed the night before so now you gotta wake the fukk up before 9:00 to get em in before the games start. And MLB gets in the way of everything, early morning times, then afternoon plays and then night games.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

If I lived on the East Coast I would stop watching sports with their fukked up start times and finish times. It would not be worth it.

bobbyk1133

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    bobby I like it a lot better having time beforehand. I have time to handicap the games and get all my football picks and bets in.

If I lived on the west coast I'd have a problem on NFL Sundays.

Mighty, when you say immune, do you mean accustomed?
    If you cap your games on Sunday then I can see that, but for me Sunday is way too late in the week for me to make my picks. Most weeks I have the bulk of my picks ready on Sunday night for the following week. If I lived on the East coast I don't think I'd have time to do that and take advantage of overnight lines because the night game would end at like midnight. On WC the night game ends around 8:30-9pm so we still have a few hours of the evening remaining.

falconticket
    falconticket's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1762

Quote Originally Posted by Rig View Post
    I prefer early NFL games I find that don't get in the way of 'social' meetings
    And there's always the night game?
    How did you watch sd vs chiefs ud be up to 1:30?!?!
    Yeh game kicked off at around 10:20 or so. I think it was after 1 when it was over. games are about 3 hours.

yisman

I watched that game to the end.

Started 10:20 PM EDT, ended 1:17 AM EDT.

But I watch west coast baseball games as well, which end after 1, and NBA west coast games, which tend to start 10:35 PM (often tip isn't until 10:45 or 10:50 if it's the second half of a TNT doubleheader) and end after 1.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

10 am PT games are awesome. And wrapping up a long football day at 8:30ish is sweet.
    The only place I get killed is on EPL soccer... Ugh, way too early.

bobbyk1133

Quote Originally Posted by McBa1n View Post
    10 am PT games are awesome. And wrapping up a long football day at 8:30ish is sweet.
    The only place I get killed is on EPL soccer... Ugh, way too early.
    This is the biggest disadvantage of being a sports fan on the WC. World events like the world cup, euro championship, olympics, etc are rarely pacific-time friendly. If there is ever a consideration of American audiences, they accommodate the East coast. Otherwise known as the center of the universe to those that live there.

gamble
    gamble's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3984

always wondered this as well, i guess tivo would be a must for the west coast