justkeepwinning
    justkeepwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!

Week 1

Have three games that are standing out to me right now.

Saints -5.5 and the over 48.5
    The Super Dome will be rocking on Thursday night and the Saints might just blow this team out in front of the home crowd.

Falcons -2
    Pittsburgh without Big Ben is a completely different team. Dennis Dixon has been named the replacement and while he isn't bad he also isn't good.

Colts -2
    Peyton Manning in the opening game of the year and only with a two point favorite. Come on now this game should be a public favorite but I really don't see the Texans winning even at home.

Any input would be appreciated.

Good luck for the season

Broken-Ear Glen
    Broken-Ear Glen's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't know how one would even consider HOU. If the had Robinson and Cushing I'd still take the Colts -6. Colts own the Texans and are the best regular season team over the last few years. I don't want to call it a lock but it's a lock.

justkeepwinning

BEG - I am confused as you are I don't see anyway the Texans cover this game but still trying to find out why this line is low

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

Quote Originally Posted by justkeepwinning View Post
    BEG - I am confused as you are I don't see anyway the Texans cover this game but still trying to find out why this line is low
    My guess is the "superbowl loser hangover" theory.

Brocc
    Got Surf
    Brocc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4585

I agree with you on 2 of 3.

I do disagree with the Falcons, Ryan hasn't looked good this preseason, he didn't look good at the end of the year last year either. Troy P is back for Steelers, and the D leads that team. Coach Tomlin will have that team ready to play, especially at home. Steelers no way should be home dogs to the Falcons, Big Ben or not. This is a very dangerous game to go against Pitt.

justkeepwinning

I really am starting to like the over in the Saints game. The Dome will be rocking, huge pregame party for the Superbowl team, and first game back after the big win. Also looking at a possible first half play because this team really feeds off the fans involvement.

Falcons -2 this play looks better and better to me everyday. Pittsburgh is a completely different team without Ben under center as Dixon is much more of a runner than Big Ben.

Colts -2 just doesn't seem like it can lose. You have Peyton Manning in the first game of the season against the Texans who are much improved but Peyton has had all summer to break down tape and that doesn't bode well for any team in the league.

justkeepwinning

Brocc - all of those points are very true especially the part about the Steelers D. I need to look over the play more at this point but I am still leaning on the Falcons.

justkeepwinning

Alright went ahead and locked in two plays on the Thursday game:
    Saints -3 1H (1x)
    Minnesota vs. New Orleans over 48.5 (1x)

With the dome rocking the Saints should come out strong and there should be plenty of points scored in this game.

justkeepwinning

Also going ahead and posting my preseason record just so I can keep up with all my stuff online.

NFLX: 1-4 -0.6 units

justkeepwinning

Bad night last night going 0-2 losing 2.2 units

Went ahead and played my other two leans:
    Atlanta -2 (1x)
    Indianapolis (1x)

Good luck this weekend.

demarino
    demarino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

i had both the over and the saints and they KILLED me last night! i can't believe the game was that low scoring, and it was a pretty bad game based on the expectations.

justkeepwinning

Yikes 0-4 start and down 4.4 units

Not the way I wanted to start to say the least. Time to get some money back tonight.

Monday Night Plays:
    Jets -1.5 (1x) - Rex wants to show the people he wasn't kidding with all his statements he has been making this off-season.

Might have a play on the late game later.

Good luck

justkeepwinning

The early game is a good one will be interesting to see if the Jets can win at the end.

Late Night Play:
    Kansas City +4 (-115) (1x)

Good luck

justkeepwinning

Well damn....If this Kansas City game loses I am going to sit out a week or two until I get a better feel on teams

0-5 -5.5 units