70kgman
    70kgman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1895

Really confident this wins Sunday

CIN/NE Over 45

As a Pats fan, I have seen enough of this team to know this years defense is going to be a nightmare, and a huge drop-off from last years defense. Lots of inexperience on defense and after the Bodden injury, I have no confidence in their 2nd string quality cornerbacks being able to cover Ochocinco/Owens. And on the flip side, Cincinnati has a good defense, but their biggest weakness plays perfectly into New England's biggest strength on offense. Cincy's defensive backs are slow and vulnerable to quick slant routes over the middle, meaning I can see Welker/Eddelman having great games and killing that defense over the middle of the field all game long.

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

good analysis. probably the most intelligent writeup i have seen thus far from anybody on any game.

have followed both teams very closely and agree with all of it . the scoreboard will be lighting up on sunday, both ways.good luck.

TT77
    TT77's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by 70kgman View Post
    CIN/NE Over 45

As a Pats fan, I have seen enough of this team to know this years defense is going to be a nightmare, and a huge drop-off from last years defense. Lots of inexperience on defense and after the Bodden injury, I have no confidence in their 2nd string quality cornerbacks being able to cover Ochocinco/Owens. And on the flip side, Cincinnati has a good defense, but their biggest weakness plays perfectly into New England's biggest strength on offense. Cincy's defensive backs are slow and vulnerable to quick slant routes over the middle, meaning I can see Welker/Eddelman having great games and killing that defense over the middle of the field all game long.
    good luck

GoldRush7
    GoldRush7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

I would have to agree with ya, good luck

fjordo
    fjordo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2630

May tail ya on this one. Looks pretty good. Good luck.

DarkNite
    DarkNite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Agreed. The over looking pretty good.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

NE has a lot more speed defensively than last season. Odom is also healthy for Cincy. This isn't as easy as you think.

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

coin toss.

RageWizard
    RageWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree that the game will go over and pretty much said the same thing in my own thread when i put down all of my picks this morning. I would like to see some decenting points of view however because this was my pick of the week based on how much I placed on it, and if anyone has some good reasons why this game won't go to atleast 45, lets have it. I see this game hitting atleast 55 in my estimation.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3732

agreed and also strongly considering Cincy ML.

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)
    CHAZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3180

I haven't placed any bets yet, but I like the UNDER. Bengals are a run first team. They are gonna run the ball all game to keep the ball out of Brady and the pats hand. A high paced game flows to NE favor. The addition of TO just spreads the already thin Patriots defense.

RageWizard
    RageWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by CHAZ View Post
    I haven't placed any bets yet, but I like the UNDER. Bengals are a run first team. They are gonna run the ball all game to keep the ball out of Brady and the pats hand. A high paced game flows to NE favor. The addition of TO just spreads the already thin Patriots defense.
    Good point about the running. If both teams come out and slug it out without some scoring early, this could crash my over play. I just don't think that will happen however. I see Cincy running and scoring at least 10 in the first half. If that happens and N.E is forced to toss the football around on every play, the over will fly.

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)

I see it playing out the same way the Dolphins did against the Colts last season. Miami held onto the ball for 3/4s of the game to keep it from Manning.

Preston09
    You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?
    Preston09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

I have that same bet down. No D for either team.

Z_Wipf
    Z_Wipf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 275

Good points, might have to tail you

Silverbullet
    Silverbullet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pats and the over

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)

Quote Originally Posted by Preston09 View Post
    I have that same bet down. No D for either team.
    No defense for either team? Cin was number 6 in points per game right under NE. The Bengals were 6 in yards per game and 4th in total yards. NE defense is all beat up but it's not like the bengals are a high scoring offense either.

Welker isn't a 100 percent either.

ijrod21i
    ijrod21i's Avatar Become A Pro!

The pats will score 45 by themselves.

therber2
    Barrels of whiskey
    therber2's Avatar Become A Pro!

I say under on this one, but good reasoning.

70kgman
    70kgman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1895

Easy winner.