DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

DG + JE's NFL Thread

Well neither of us consider football our bread and butter but we are gonna open a thread for any picks we may have anyways. If I make profit I will be happy as I have a lot to learn about betting NFL still. GL to everyone in week 1 and feel free to stop by and say hi or share your picks with us.

Just Enough
    Just Enough's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3119

please share alot!!!!

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Just Enough View Post
    please share alot!!!!
    I second that. We will find our niche JE. We must become well rounded at every major sport

Just Enough

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    I second that. We will find our niche JE. We must become well rounded at every major sport
    sounds good, just a warning basketball + JE =

DennisGreen
    Update your status

sounds good, just a warning basketball + JE =
    LOL yeah I do pretty bad when I try to cap on my own in basketball. I'll just stick to following Paco and LB when it comes to NBA.

svenodds
    MOJO
    svenodds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5885

the dynamic duo

gl this season

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by svenodds View Post
    the dynamic duo gl this season
    Thanks Sven, GL to you as well if you bet NFL.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

NFL Futures

Green Bay to win Superbowl (+1000) bwin $100 to win $1000
    -10-1 is definitely worth a shot especially with these odds around 6-1 on a lot of other books.

Aaron Rodgers Over 4100 Yards Passing (-154) bwin $308 to win $200
    -Barring injury I really see no way that he doesn't pass for 4100+ yards.

Green Bay Over 9.5 Wins (-154) bwin $154 to win $100
    -Kind of goes hand in hand with my SB bet plus they have a pretty good schedule.

San Francisco Over 8.5 Wins (-154)
    bwin $154 to win $100

-Unless Arizona keeps it together without Warner it looks like a clear path to the division title. Very favorable schedule as well.

San Francisco to win NFC West (-139)
    bwin $139 to win $100

-Seattle and St. Louis have no shot and the Cards could have a tough time this season without Warner and Boldin.

Really liking both these teams to tear it up this year plus it gives me more to cheer about for my Packers.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Thursday NFL

MIN/NO Over 48.5 (-108) Pinnacle $108 to win $100
    Last edited by DennisGreen; 09-09-10 at 07:40 PM.

RANDAZZO
    RANDAZZO's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 886

Good luck.

Just Enough

NFL Futures

Green Bay to win Superbowl (+1000) bwin $100 to win $1000
    -10-1 is definitely worth a shot especially with these odds around 6-1 on a lot of other books.

Aaron Rodgers Over 4100 Yards Passing (-154) bwin $308 to win $200
    -Barring injury I really see no way that he doesn't pass for 4100+ yards.

Green Bay Over 9.5 Wins (-154) bwin $154 to win $100
    -Kind of goes hand in hand with my SB bet plus they have a pretty good schedule.

San Francisco Over 8.5 Wins (-154) bwin $154 to win $100

-Unless Arizona keeps it together without Warner it looks like a clear path to the division title. Very favorable schedule as well.

San Francisco to win NFC West (-139) bwin $139 to win $100

-Seattle and St. Louis have no shot and the Cards could have a tough time this season without Warner and Boldin.

Really liking both these teams to tear it up this year plus it gives me more to cheer about for my Packers.
    very nice
    Thursday NFL

MIN/NO Over 48.5 (-108) Pinnacle $108 to win $100
    again i don't know sh...t. but the over looks easy. go get it bro, i'll be back sunday.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

GG over. Started off so promising with a TD on the opening drive.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Damn I fell for the public trap on the over I should have known better that both offences wouldn't be in sync quite yet. Ah well lesson learned.....hopefully
    Last edited by DennisGreen; 09-09-10 at 10:58 PM.

VegasPlayer
    VegasPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6319

I went for the over too. Like your Avatar DG. I'm not very good at capping spreads, as a matter of fact I hate them. If you don't mind I'll put some ideas out here for you guys. I did pretty good last year with Teasers and ML parlays early, but when the weather changed it went South.

Just saw your thread about your Vegas trip in May. I swear by the Hilton. Good odds and lines. Only 2 miles from the house and you could've rode the mono rail there. All you need is a betting slip to get a drink also. And most of the time, they don't even ask for that.

Toronto-boy
    Toronto-boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11011

Good luck both of you DG & JE

Just Enough

Quote Originally Posted by VegasPlayer View Post
    I went for the over too. Like your Avatar DG. I'm not very good at capping spreads, as a matter of fact I hate them. If you don't mind I'll put some ideas out here for you guys. I did pretty good last year with Teasers and ML parlays early, but when the weather changed it went South.

Just saw your thread about your Vegas trip in May. I swear by the Hilton. Good odds and lines. Only 2 miles from the house and you could've rode the mono rail there. All you need is a betting slip to get a drink also. And most of the time, they don't even ask for that.
    i will be posting some of them as well. that's all i ever did with the nfl. i'm with you on the spread thing. not good for me, but i will give it a shot. i'll probably have 1 teaser and maybe 1 ML parlay and about 2-3 straight bets. fade my straight bets and you'll make some really good $$$$.

Just Enough

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto-boy View Post
    Good luck both of you DG & JE
    thanks bro.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Just saw your thread about your Vegas trip in May. I swear by the Hilton. Good
    odds and lines. Only 2 miles from the house and you could've rode the mono rail there. All you need is a betting slip to
    get a drink also. And most of the time, they don't even ask for that.
    Hey VP,

You are definitely welcome to post your plays and insight here. I'm not a big fan of spreads either as I prefer totals or 3-5 team ML parlays.

Too funny I never used the monorail in Vegas I just walked everywhere. After awhile I just kept going to MGM because it was near my hotel.

We can definitely use any and all advice this year

VegasPlayer

Sounds like this is a good place to be. I played those kind of parlays last year.

Yea, it can be a little difficult navigating around town if you're not familiar with where everything is situated. Before, I moved here, I never ventured far from my base when I was visiting either.

Looks like the idiots stay out of your threads. Good thing. Let's have some fun this year. I'll give you guys my 2 pennies worth soon.

Just Enough

Sounds like this is a good place to be. I played those kind of parlays last year.

Yea, it can be a little difficult navigating around town if you're not familiar with where everything is situated. Before, I moved here, I never ventured far from my base when I was visiting either.

Looks like the idiots stay out of your threads. Good thing. Let's have some fun this year. I'll give you guys my 2 pennies worth soon.
    sounds good brotha, looking forward to sunday

VegasPlayer

Cool Beans

I'm kind of leaning toward the 49ers and The Ravens.

49ers are under the radar and have shown steady improvement with Singletary. They aren't going to Wow anyone until they get to like 4-0 or so, but they play tough, disciplined football and won't make many mistakes. While Carroll is the new kid on the block, he didn't have any previous NFL success and I just don't see any improvement in Seattle.

Believe the Jets are over valued. You've got half of ESPN going Ga Ga over them, a cable TV show that has portrayed them as a great team before they've even played a down, and of course the big mouthed coach. I've heard and read that NFL players in general resent this and teams will have their ears pinned back to beat these guys every week. Reavis (Rhymes with Beavis) is nowhere near top form after his hold out and Balt has added bunch of weapons for Flacco as they have goals of getting deep into the playoffs also.

And of course - Go Pack... They were money for me the last 2 years, but I always hesitate on betting my favorite team.

3 teamer on the ML is about 5-1 right now.

Just Enough

ok gents, i guess i'll go first

dolphins 160-100
    texans 50-50
    49ers 150-100

parlay's

giants
    dolphins
    titans
    packers
    49ers
    cardinals
    cowboys

25 to win 478.50

dolphins
    packers
    49ers
    cardinals

25 to win 129.50

that's it gents. GL and have at it.
    it's time to have some fun

VegasPlayer

Here's Mine

PIT/CIN +480
    GB/SFO/BAL +490

I'm tailing SP, VG, & Kroy also. Won't post what I'm tailing as my own as I think it's just wrong.
    Todays Monday for me, gotta work tonight, so I'll miss the afternoon games.
    Good luck fellas

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Early NFL Play

DET/CHI Over 43.5 (-113) Pinnacle $156.50 to win $150

DennisGreen
    Update your status

SF (-170) vs SEA Pinnacle $340 to win $200

DennisGreen
    Update your status

LoL wow I suck at football Hurry up NHL

Just Enough

ok gents, i guess i'll go first

dolphins 160-100
    texans 50-50
    49ers 150-100

parlay's

giants
    dolphins
    titans
    packers
    49ers (a-holes)
    cardinals
    cowboys

25 to win 478.50

dolphins
    packers

49ers
    cardinals

25 to win 129.50

that's it gents. GL and have at it.
    it's time to have some fun

thanks to the 49ers my whole day was ruined. at least i had a good fantasy day
    anyway 2-3 (-50)

Just Enough

LoL wow I suck at football Hurry up NHL
    i hear ya bro

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Well my Packers won, the 49ers absolutely shit the bed. They easily could have been up 21-0 early and the whole dynamics of the game would have been different. Unreal choke artists.

VegasPlayer

Well my Packers won, the 49ers absolutely shit the bed. They easily could have been up 21-0 early and the whole dynamics of the game would have been different. Unreal choke artists.
    Saw about an hour of the Pack before work. Kind of glad I missed the rest of it. Still have nightmares about that 4th & 27 McNabb converted and that night Vick carved them up in that playoff game at Lambeau when he was with the Falcons. Nice to get out of Philly with a W.

Gonna watch the 9ers game in a minute, WTF happened here? This was like the #2 most popular pick in the Hilton contest.

Bungles game wasn't even close to what the score indicated. They got all their points after the Pats took their foot off of their neck.

I love football, but not don't like wagering on it too much.

MathewXB
    Update your status
    MathewXB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

I have always had a problem betting NFL. I am a little better at NCAA.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Saw about an hour of the Pack before work. Kind of glad I missed the rest of it. Still have nightmares about that 4th & 27 McNabb converted and that night Vick carved them up in that playoff game at Lambeau when he was with the Falcons. Nice to get out of Philly with a W. Gonna watch the 9ers game in a minute, WTF happened here? This was like the #2 most popular pick in the Hilton contest. Bungles game wasn't even close to what the score indicated. They got all their points after the Pats took their foot off of their neck. I love football, but not don't like wagering on it too much.
    Packers game overall was pretty ugly as Rodgers never really got going. They were lucky as you said to get outta there with the W. Niners were in the red zone their first three possessions and only came outta it with a FG. They had 4th and 1 twice and ended up going for it both times and coming up empty handed. This was a huge momentum builder for the Hawks who had gone INT, and 3 and out twice on their first 3 possessions. Pats were destroying the Bengals til late so yeah it looked a lot closer than it was. Agreed I prefer to watch and cheer on my fantasy players instead of betting on it

DennisGreen
    Update your status

thanks to the 49ers my whole day was ruined. at least i had a good fantasy day anyway 2-3 (-50)
    Same here I did good in 3/4 pools I am in. The worst move though was benching Nicks last minute for Owens because yahoo projected more points for Owens That is gonna cost me the W in week 1 for that one.

VegasPlayer

Packers game overall was pretty ugly as Rodgers never really got going. They were lucky as you said to get outta there with the W. Niners were in the red zone their first three possessions and only came outta it with a FG. They had 4th and 1 twice and ended up going for it both times and coming up empty handed. This was a huge momentum builder for the Hawks who had gone INT, and 3 and out twice on their first 3 possessions. Pats were destroying the Bengals til late so yeah it looked a lot closer than it was. Agreed I prefer to watch and cheer on my fantasy players instead of betting on it
    Yea, I didn't like the O-line play early. Both Tackles got beat and I agree Rogers didn't look sharp. Hopefully they get it "cleaned Up" and build some momentum. Can't go for it on 4th and 1 early on the road. I would think they'd take 3 or play field position. Thought Singletary was smarter than that.

Just Enough

anyone have an early leans? lovin the eagles so far.

123 Last