Yankeeclipper22
    new blog posted!
    Yankeeclipper22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yankeeclipper22 NFL thread:Win monies homie!

Since I'm getting good feed back over here I've decided to start my own thread. Each pick I make will come with a good write up. I will keep accurate records. I can't really think of anything else to say so uh, yeah let's win.

Today's play:
    Pitt -2
    over 37.5
    pitt-2 + over for parlay

write up:

Offhand, without really noticing anything, I'd have to guess that this game will go over. I also assume that Pittsburgh will cover by -2. But lets look a little bit deeper shall we.

Amazingly in the past 10 regular season games between the Broncos and Steelers the team that was favored ALWAYS covered the spread except for 1 time. What does that mean? Well nothing really. This is the preseason, and to be honest, I don't really put to much stock in trends. Those past events have absolutely nothing to do with the event we are trying to guess right now. It is a little weird none the less.

What has me a little confused is Mike Tomlin's rationale behind starting the rapist. It makes zero sense to me. Logically speaking, if I was the coach and I was dead set on starting the rapist, I would only play him for a quarter and then move on to my reg season starter whom most people assume will be Leftwich. It is reported the next person to come in is Dennis Dixon. When will Dixon come in? I can't imagine him coming in past the 2nd quarter. I think he wants to start Dixon over Byron in week 1, and he is going to look for ways to justify it. This is just a flat out guess of mine. But to me it's logical.

Looking at the over I think that is the way to go. Of the past 4 preseason games these two teams have played the over has gone 3 out of 4 times. While I think Denver will be a bit more stifled by Pittsburgh defense I can see at least 21 to 24 points being scored in the first half. The rapist will move the ball down the field with ease on Denver's defense while Orton should get at least a TD in. In the 2nd half both teams should be able to put up points though. I want to discount Denver but you can't if Rhett Bomar can put up points against them. Tebow and Quinn should be at least be good for 10 points while Pittsburgh will do just fine.

All in all, I see this playing out with Pittsburgh putting up 24 to 31 points and Denver putting up between 14 to 17 points.

The weather should also be nice so that won't be a factor in the game.

I like Pittsburgh -2 and the over. BOL to us

Yankeeclipper22
    new blog posted!
    Yankeeclipper22's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would like to thank Dixon for blowing two scoring chances. Thanks Dennis.