imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Art Shell

Art Shell is going to be coach of the raiders. Good?
    Bad?

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

If Shell can get some good coaches under him, I think he can do the job. I don't think Shell can be considered to be a strategic mastermind, but he is a players coach that can keep all of those crazy player personalities in check. It might be interesting if the Raiders can get some hotshot offensive and defensive coordinators to track the X's and O's while Shell keeps the ship together overall.

kalmikrazy
    kalmikrazy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

As long as Big AL keeps running the organization as he does I dont think they can attract a big time name. All the guys worth hiring are turning them down left and right. But it is his team so I guess its his will.

One interesting thing I heard was that the Raiders winning % has gone down every decade since the 70's.
    70's was highest
    80's was lower
    90's was even lower
    00's even lower than 90's

Cheese
    Cheese's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's funny how you can really dislike some teams when they're good and then tolerate them when they're bad (and no longer a threat). But with the Raiders lately, they've grown so bad I now find them adorable.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

al davis was desperate to hire somebody, and shell was the only one that would take the job.

if i was art shell, i would have turned down the job for that fact alone. especially, after he fired him 12 years ago with a winning career record coaching them.