Mybologne
    YUMMY!!!
    Mybologne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 210

Quote Originally Posted by D3 Mighty Ducks View Post
    Nope CBS has a free site. Runs perfectly and I've been on it for a couple of years with some buddies. NFL.com has a nice site too that is free of charge. Its up to you guys to tell me between NFL.com or CBS.

I think we got enough people to start talking about a buy-in price. I was thinking of a 120 point buy-in from each of us. That puts the pot total at 1440. Then to keep the league going We could do the team/player that gets the largest margin of victory (in other words spread) gets a prize of 77 points that week. Those points are a combining total from 7 points a player that MUST be paid before Wednesday of the following week). This can be done very easily, only takes 1 day to pay. Right now the draft will be held Monday August 30 9:15 pm ET. If you cannot make this time let me know before tomorrow night so I can at least rearrange it. As for scoring wise I was going to use these points:

All Touchdowns (Offense, Defense, Special Teams) all 6 points
    1 point for every 150 yards passing
    1 point for every 50 yards rushing
    1 point for every 50 yards receiving
    Interceptions are -3
    Made 2 point conversions is 2 points (Nothing for missed conversions)
    Fumbles Lost is -2 points

Kicking points: (Kickers are somewhat important)

A made FG from 0-49 is 3 points
    A made FG from 50+ is 4 points
    A missed FG from 0-49 is -3 points
    A missed FG from 50+ is -4 points

Starting Line-Ups:

1 QB
    2 RB
    3 WR
    1 TE
    1 K

6 BENCH

Standings:

Since we got 12 guys and we have some points on the line I decided to make it tougher by dividing us 12 into 3 divisions. Keeps the league tighter and better.

Waivers:

Waivers is simple and i'll explain it real quick. Throughout the season there will be a list that we can all see and pick and release players from our teams. When a player is picked it must go through waivers which is a "test" to see if the person with the higher seed didn't pick them first. That order of seeds will be a order from last to finish in the overall standings.

Draft order will be randomly done by the computer 30 minutes before draft time.

Let me know a soon as possible if the draft time needs to be changed or else we have to wait for the others to confirm for the 12 spots first then we'll start paying.
    I agree..........

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Hey D3. I will speak my mind. Personally I'd prefer a more standard scoring system with more points being scored. Like 150 yards passing for 1 point is pretty low. Most leagues I am in its like 25 yards per point etc. Also for Kickers I don't think they should be punished more for missing 50+ FG's. The shorter ones are easier and therefore should be a higher negative value. I would still be down to try out your way as well though. I just personally think it's more exciting with higher scoring weeks but that's just me. I still agree to your post though and am in for sure.

Raleigh77
    Raleigh77's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is the dumbest thread in the history of dumb threads.

Jon Q Phenomenon
    Jon Q Phenomenon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    Hey D3. I will speak my mind. Personally I'd prefer a more standard scoring system with more points being scored. Like 150 yards passing for 1 point is pretty low. Most leagues I am in its like 25 yards per point etc. Also for Kickers I don't think they should be punished more for missing 50+ FG's. The shorter ones are easier and therefore should be a higher negative value. I would still be down to try out your way as well though. I just personally think it's more exciting with higher scoring weeks but that's just me. I still agree to your post though and am in for sure.
    Agreed....I'd like to see a more standard scoring approach as well, the scoring as it stands now is weighted too heavy towards kickers and TDs

what's everyone else think?

Nomocino
    Nomocino's Avatar Become A Pro!

sounds like a good idea but,whos holding the points?

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

I agree with more points being scored, and with the 50+ field goal comment...but will play either way. I have a yahoo sign in too.

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

im down with yahoo.

i think either an sbr mod, paco or mexican should hold the points. and speaking of points you might wanna start having people reconfirm if we are gonna do 120 point buy-in. overunder's league was 100 and no one ponied up.

and as far as scoring goes here's another yahoo league im in and the scoring for that one:

Offense

Passing Yards 25 yards per point
    Passing Touchdowns 4
    Interceptions -1
    Rushing Yards 10 yards per point
    Rushing Touchdowns 6
    Reception Yards 10 yards per point
    Reception Touchdowns 6
    Return Touchdowns 6
    2-Point Conversions 2
    Fumbles Lost -2
    Offensive Fumble Return TD 6

Kicker

Field Goals 0-19 Yards 3
    Field Goals 20-29 Yards 3
    Field Goals 30-39 Yards 3
    Field Goals 40-49 Yards 4
    Field Goals 50+ Yards 5
    Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards 0
    Point After Attempt Made 1

Defense/Special Teams League

Value Sack 1
    Interception 2
    Fumble Recovery 2
    Touchdown 6
    Safety 2
    Block Kick 2
    Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns 6
    Points Allowed 0 points 10
    Points Allowed 1-6 points 7
    Points Allowed 7-13 points 4
    Points Allowed 14-20 points 1
    Points Allowed 21-27 points 0
    Points Allowed 28-34 points -1
    Points Allowed 35+ points -4
    Last edited by blackbeSSt; 08-26-10 at 07:54 AM.

WvGambler

We posting up points before season starts? If so I need to get cracking.

blackbeSSt

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    We posting up points before season starts? If so I need to get cracking.
    i think we should. no offense to any one here, but i wouldn't trust people to say they will have it at years end

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

I don't know if u guys like this way of scoring but the league I play in (webleaguemanager) we get more points for the longer the TD is, which I think makes more sense. Like a 50 yard rushing TD is worth 10 more points than a 1 yard TD. Don't ya agree? I don't know if free sites give u the option to use this style. Our league is $400 buy in and $1 per transaction (12 team) so paying the $100 for the program really doesn't matter. Just thought I'd share. If u guys don't agree with that style of grading, I'm down with the generic style.

WvGambler

The other leagues I'm in award bonus points for longer tds also....makes for more excitement. We also pay per transaction. Maybe figure out a way to post up a pt per transaction? Either way is Cool .....so is Monday night.

paco

WvG, o yea, it's way more exciting! Ur always looking for that big play. And ur always in te game if some ur players Stink it up and get that 1 big Aaron Rodgers 75 yard bomb to Greg Jennings

WvGambler

Yup.....I want to put a Matt Schaub to Andre Johnson 75 point beat down on the Pac-man!

paco

Yup.....I want to put a Matt Schaub to Andre Johnson 75 point beat down on the Pac-man!
    How bout Kolb to DeSean?

Jon Q Phenomenon

Ok guys..i'm gonna bow out. I guess i'm old school but I'm just used to a more standard scoring league and I'd probably just be throwing my points away if i jumped into a more points per yardage scored td league or a kicker happy one.....

OverUnder you can have my spot homie. GL guys and have fun, hope this thing gets off the ground.

Fitzel
    Fitzel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Sorry i couldnt post yesterday, I am in for sure. Confirmed whatever the buy-in is. Monday night at 9 est is gonna be a little tight for me i get off work at 8 and have a long commute home. Maybe a little later if possible. 9:30-9:45?

Fitzel
    Fitzel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Im all signed up at yahoo! But i do agree that a little more points should be scored for passing and rushing. Maybe 1 point every 25 or 50 passing yards and 1 point every 10 rushing yards? And im not a big fan of the extra points for longer td's and whatnot. But either way, i am still in.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Here's what I propose:

Any TD: 6 points
    Passing Yards: 25 yards = 1 point
    Rushing Yards: 10 yards = 1 point
    Receiving Yards: 10 yards = 1 point
    Kickers FG's: What you have is pretty good except I would just do a -1 for any missed FG's and possibly more for 50+ yarders hit.

Also in terms of rewarding more for longer TD's etc I would recommend just rewarding bonus points for RBs/WRs who have 100+ Yard games etc and 300+ Yard games for QBs.

This is your show I know just running by some suggestions as I have played in a lot of fantasy football leagues.

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Sorry guys I was tied up all day didn't have the chance to check out on the thread and answer your questions.

I have read what everyone has had to say and I will change the scoring system to a more familiar and standard scoring system. REFER TO POST NUMBER 77 AS THAT WILL BE THE WAY THE SCORING WILL TAKE PLACE. Only difference will be for a MISSED field goal from between 0-29 yards it will be -3 points. A MISSED field goal from 30-50+ yards it will be -2 points. A decent kicker hits anywhere between 75-90%, so a missed field goal must be a game changer.

I have read what you guys have been saying about the longer the TD pass/rush the more it should be worth. Since I am using Yahoo's free fantasy website that option is not available so I apologize for that. As for confirming your spot I need everyone to confirm their spots by atleast tomorrow night. Right now I have the following people as confirmed if your name is in bold:

D3 Mighty Ducks (Me)
    Paco
    blackbeSSt
    Ralphie1412
    thechaoz
    Fitzel
    WvGambler
    JoesphPavs
    Mybologne
    DennisGreen
    Jon Q Phenomenon
    SpreadSniper

Jon Q, I have changed the scoring system to favorable and standard system. I have noticed you have wanted out because of the scoring so if you still want out let me know unless I need you to confirm your spot again. For all who have confirmed I ask you to create a Yahoo sign-in (unless you have one already) and to pay the buy-in fee of 120 to me in the first post. I will hold on to the points all year and you will be able to see all 1440 points in my betpoints under my avatar.

For all who haven't confirmed I ask for you to do this as soon as possible. If I have missed any questions or if you have any please feel free to post in there.

D3

D3 Mighty Ducks

Also forgot to add that right now I have the league open for 12 players. I have the league divided up into 3 divisions (4 teams per division). I find this to keep the league closer and more competitive. Also, for the team with the largest margin of victory (also known as spread) each week will get a weekly prize of 77 points. These points will be a combination of 7 points from each player (11 of us) and must be paid to the winner before Wednesday. That can be easily paid in one day of signing on and posting. If you guys don't agree with this rule let me know.

D3

JosephPavs
    JosephPavs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 148

Quote Originally Posted by D3 Mighty Ducks View Post
    Also forgot to add that right now I have the league open for 12 players. I have the league divided up into 3 divisions (4 teams per division). I find this to keep the league closer and more competitive. Also, for the team with the largest margin of victory (also known as spread) each week will get a weekly prize of 77 points. These points will be a combination of 7 points from each player (11 of us) and must be paid to the winner before Wednesday. That can be easily paid in one day of signing on and posting. If you guys don't agree with this rule let me know.

D3
    Sounds good to me I am good with Yahoo... Good with Monday Night Draft... Good with Weekly Points...

Is the fantasy game itself winner take all?

JP

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Good chit D3 I like the changes you have made. 7 points a week each is nothing. Good work.

D3 Mighty Ducks

Just waiting on the rest of the guys. Just be patient, good shit happens with patience.

Mybologne
    YUMMY!!!
    Mybologne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 210

first time play this!!!!

D3 Mighty Ducks

Winner takes all the points.

Jon Q Phenomenon

ok if it's good enough for brett favre it's good enough for me, i'll waffle....

Reconfirm me D3, I like the scoring....bold me mang, and i've already got a yahoo account so no probs there....

And just to be doubly sure it's a one shot 120 point transfer to you and then 7 each week to the biggest winner?

WvGambler

I'm in still but wiped most of my points out last week. I got seventy right now. But will easily have the rest soon. Hope this doesn't cause an issue.

blackbeSSt

D3 what weeks do you have set up for playoffs?

D3 Mighty Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Q Phenomenon View Post
    ok if it's good enough for brett favre it's good enough for me, i'll waffle....

Reconfirm me D3, I like the scoring....bold me mang, and i've already got a yahoo account so no probs there....

And just to be doubly sure it's a one shot 120 point transfer to you and then 7 each week to the biggest winner?
    One shot pay to me 120 and 7 weekly to the biggest winner thats correct. If you do not have the 120 today I will allow you to pay minimum 80 before the draft. The 40 rest must be paid before start of week 3 or your team will be locked and points will not be returned. I'm only agreeing on these terms because I think a lot of you guys I can trust in here to make this league enjoyable.

D3 Mighty Ducks

D3 Mighty Ducks (Me)
    Paco
    blackbeSSt
    Ralphie1412
    thechaoz
    Fitzel
    WvGambler
    JoesphPavs

Mybologne
    DennisGreen
    Jon Q Phenomenon
    SpreadSniper

9 of 12 have confirmed your spots so if you haven't already create your Yahoo sign-in and start paying the 120 buy-in. I will accept a minimum of 80 points before the draft but the remaining 40 points must be paid before start of week 3. I'm leaving this option available so don't run it for everyone if your going to be stiff. Be honest if you don't have enough points.
    Points Awarded:

DennisGreen gave D3 Mighty Ducks 120 SBR Point(s) for this post.

D3 Mighty Ducks

D3 Mighty Ducks (Me)
    Paco
    blackbeSSt
    Ralphie1412
    thechaoz
    Fitzel
    WvGambler
    JoesphPavs

Mybologne
    DennisGreen
    Jon Q Phenomenon
    SpreadSniper

9 of 12 have confirmed your spots so if you haven't already create your Yahoo sign-in and start paying the 120 buy-in. I will accept a minimum of 80 points before the draft but the remaining 40 points must be paid before start of week 3. I'm leaving this option available so don't run it for everyone if your going to be stiff. Be honest if you don't have enough points.

Also, haven't heard of anything from Ralphie1412 or thechaoz so i'm opening those two spots to first come first serve. I will send a PM to OverUnder to see if he wants the available spot as he is the first on the waiting list.

WvGambler

80 by draft and 40 after is perfect.

D3 Mighty Ducks

Confirmed spot: (9 of 12)

D3 Mighty Ducks (Me)
    Paco
    blackbeSSt
    Ralphie1412
    thechaoz
    Fitzel
    WvGambler
    JoesphPavs

Mybologne
    DennisGreen
    Jon Q Phenomenon
    SpreadSniper

Waiting on Paco, thechaoz, and Ralphie to confirm but already got in contact with 2 other people.

Paid buy-in: (1 of 12)

D3 Mighty Ducks (Me)
    Paco
    blackbeSSt
    Ralphie1412
    thechaoz
    Fitzel
    WvGambler
    JoesphPavs
    Mybologne
    DennisGreen
    Jon Q Phenomenon
    SpreadSniper

If your confirmed already in the list above you can start paying the 120 point buy-in fee. You will beable to see it at all times under betpoints.

D3 Mighty Ducks

80 by draft and 40 after is perfect.
    Okay i'm chalking you up to do that. Week 3 starts September 26 so if you can pay anytime before that, ASAP if possible.

D3 Mighty Ducks

Playoffs will be week 14, 15, and championship game is 16. Anyone want this to be changed it can be.

First 1234 Last