SSLP
    SSLP's Avatar Become A Pro!

Samuels to Philly????

Ashante signed a 6 year contract with the Eagles.. damn
    Leaving aside the fact that I am a huge pats fan , I just dont see Ashante taking up the spotlight at Philly .

I really do hope the Patriots dont get stupid and ruin a franchise by low balling Moss and pissing Brady off now.

They did a huge mistake resigning Teddy.

Sure the guy is a cornerstone , the guy is a great defender BUT the guy has problems against a healthy , young , OFL ..

Superbowl for example ... NY man handled New Englands D .. if they would have stepped up there wouldnt have been a TD with 45 ticks left in the game.

I just think the Pats are getting messy

Thats all..

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by SSLP View Post
    Superbowl for example ... NY man handled New Englands D .. if they would have stepped up there wouldnt have been a TD with 45 ticks left in the game.

I just think the Pats are getting messy

Thats all..
    When the other team only puts 17 points on the board, I don't know why you want to blame the defense. With Moss, Brady and all of their supposed offensive talent there's some definite questions about what went wrong with the offense in the Super Bowl.

arpeggiomeister
    arpeggiomeister's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2918

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    When the other team only puts 17 points on the board, I don't know why you want to blame the defense. With Moss, Brady and all of their supposed offensive talent there's some definite questions about what went wrong with the offense in the Super Bowl.
    I think that the teams were slowly figuring out how to stop the PATs. It started with the Colts and solidified with the Eagles. I think teams were watching what these guys were doing and the Giants were the team that finally accomplished what every other team had been trying to do all season.

Color me crazy, but given how well the Giants were moving the ball I think the Pats should have done a onside kick in an attempt to maintain posession of the ball. Yes it's a gamble, but giving the ball back to the Giants with approx. 2 minutes left was suicide.

I do believe the defense wilted towards the end of the season. The lowly Baltimore Ravens almost beat them in week 13. This is the same team that PIT scorched 38 to 7 a few weeks earlier. I think the Pats have got problems defensively. They need more youth. I hate to say that because I am a Pats fan, but what I saw was an aging defense that could not keep up with a younger, stronger Giants team.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by arpeggiomeister View Post
    I do believe the defense wilted towards the end of the season. The lowly Baltimore Ravens almost beat them in week 13. This is the same team that PIT scorched 38 to 7 a few weeks earlier. I think the Pats have got problems defensively. They need more youth. I hate to say that because I am a Pats fan, but what I saw was an aging defense that could not keep up with a younger, stronger Giants team.
    I've got the game on tape. I'll have to get it out one of these days and watch it again. The Giants were moving the ball ok, but it took Eli to make that miracle throw and the dude caught it off his head.

But, I was saying all last season that the Pats defense was getting old fast. It'll be interesting what next season brings. The Pats have such a friggin soft schedule, I'd like to make some action on them going 16-0 again. But this year they don't even make the Super Bowl. They've gotten soft on defense and defense wins championships. They'll be bound to be worse rather than better on defense in 2008. But I also think Brady & Moss will be even more psychic with each other, and the offense will even be more explosive, especially early in the season.

That Pats laying 14 1/2 to the Chiefs week 1 game, I wish I could get odds to lay 35. That game is going to be a bloodbath.