View Poll Results: Oakland Raiders or Washington Redskins?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oakland Raiders

13 24.53%
  • Washington Redskins

37 69.81%
  • Undecided

3 5.66%
    Joszan7
    Joszan7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 330

Definitely the Redskins.

SportNut
    SportNut's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm a Raiders..but I gotta go with the Skins in this one...don't think Jason Campell can handle it in his first year as a Raider...

hoopster42
    hoopster42's Avatar Become A Pro!

oakland is a terrible choice to pick. no quarterback, bad coach. at least wash has a proven coach and quarterback

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by hoopster42 View Post
    oakland is a terrible choice to pick. no quarterback, bad coach. at least wash has a proven coach and quarterback

not sure oak is a terrible pick as they showed with Grandowski (however you spell it) that they could compete and win some games, Cambell is a upgrade over him and they play in a much weaker division....the question wasnt which team is better, if it was then yes id agree oak is not a wise pick however very possible oak has just as good a record when it all said and done, but honestly it a little early to tell.....

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

Quote Originally Posted by hoopster42 View Post
    Jason Campbell was statistically very close to McNabb last year with no O-line and much worse receivers.

Sure Shanahan has a great past, but so do Larry Johnson, Willie Parker, Clinton Portis, and the rest of this ancient squad. Shanny came in to a 4-12 team that was one of the oldest in the game, and traded away draft picks and made it OLDER! Age isn't always a bad thing (the Saints were the oldest team in the league last year, Vikings were pretty close) but when you have a group that isn't winning with no room for improvement, you have to get some young blood! Maybe if the skins go out and get V. Jackson, they won't be a lock for dead last in the NFC East again.

The Raiders played very well with Gradkowski at the helm, even though "Bruce Almighty" put up pretty average stats. Having a starter with real talent and work ethic is going to be huge for Oakland.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by icancount2one View Post
    Sure Shanahan has a great past, but so do Larry Johnson, Willie Parker, Clinton Portis, and the rest of this ancient squad. Shanny came in to a 4-12 team that was one of the oldest in the game, and traded away draft picks and made it OLDER! Age isn't always a bad thing (the Saints were the oldest team in the league last year, Vikings were pretty close) but when you have a group that isn't winning with no room for improvement, you have to get some young blood! Maybe if the skins go out and get V. Jackson, they won't be a lock for dead last in the NFC East again.
    The Saints were 7-9 and 8-8 the previous two season before winning the Super Bowl with the oldest team in the league, the Redskins were 8-8 and 4-12 the last two years. The big difference is Jim Zorn, who is simply not ready to be an NFL coach yet, if ever. Shannahan knows how to get the job done. Shannahan's problem in Denver was that he was nursing along a young team, which wasn't his problem when he was winning Super Bowls with a mature Elway. I think Shannahan on a veteran team is a good fit for those reasons.

BTW, whenever you use the L-word here on SBR, you are begging to not be taken seriously.

cadillac pete
    cadillac pete's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6636

Neither team is appealing, but in a toss up I'll say Washington. Just b/c they have an NFL caliber qb. Even though Donovan is old, he is better than anything the Raiders have imo.

mart59a
    mart59a's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13553

I like the how the Raiders are shaping up. All the drama shit should be behind them now.
    To all the Raider haters...don't be suprised if the make the playoffs this year.
    Yes you heard it right here.
    Any non skins fans agree?

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by mart59a View Post
    I like the how the Raiders are shaping up. All the drama shit should be behind them now.
    To all the Raider haters...don't be suprised if the make the playoffs this year.
    Yes you heard it right here.
    Any non skins fans agree?
    I agree. I think the Chargers roll, but if they don't then I like the Raiders ahead of the Chiefs or Broncos.
    Points Awarded:

mart59a gave slacker00 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

jcadwell
    jcadwell's Avatar Become A Pro!

definitely the skins... not even close... raiders are terrible and the skins have mcnabb now

sidewinder66
    sidewinder66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 117

really like the raiders to do well since they got rid of Russell. They have some good players, and have played some good games last year, they just have to start a little earlier this year
    Points Awarded:

mart59a gave sidewinder66 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

icancount2one

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post

The Saints were 7-9 and 8-8 the previous two season before winning the Super Bowl with the oldest team in the league, the Redskins were 8-8 and 4-12 the last two years. The big difference is Jim Zorn, who is simply not ready to be an NFL coach yet, if ever. Shannahan knows how to get the job done. Shannahan's problem in Denver was that he was nursing along a young team, which wasn't his problem when he was winning Super Bowls with a mature Elway. I think Shannahan on a veteran team is a good fit for those reasons.

BTW, whenever you use the L-word here on SBR, you are begging to not be taken seriously.
    Inserting a veteran coach onto an old team (with a rookie at LT, the wrong spot for inexperience) is very different from a having a coach and team grow together over a long period of time. You'd think the skins would have learned their lessons about coaches who were great in another era with Joe Gibbs.

The skins are as much a to be in the cellar of the NFC East as the Lions are to bring up the rear in the North.

slacker00

the Lions are to bring up the rear in the North.
    The Lions might surprise some people this year. If Rodgers or Cutler goes down for the season, I can easily see either team sinking below the Lions in the division. I can see the Lions getting close to .500 this year.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

I believe the Raiders will do better than the Lions.

Rams are still crap, I think they are the worst team right now. I predict Sam Bradford will get injured during the season.

JW Cash
    JW Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Redskins...cause they have McNabb who knows the NFC East.....

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

Jason Campbell was mediocre with the skins, and he at least had some receiving options with Moss, Randel El, and Cooley. Now he's with the Raiders and his best two wideouts are Darious Heyward-Bay and rookie Jacoby Ford. No thanks. You could stack 10 in the box against the Raiders and still not be worried about Campbell burning you deep. I'll go with Washington. I've never liked Donovan McNabb, but he's still a major upgrade over Campbell. The skins have enough weapons to keep you guessing.

The Raiders do have an easier schedule, but when you consider the weaker roster and coaching/GM bungling the last decade/culture of losing, going with the Raiders because they have the easier schedule is like saying you're going to take Duke to win more football games than Auburn because Duke plays in the ACC.

Premierr23
    Premierr23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 564

Redskins

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1640

The poll should be the lions vs the raiders. Washington easy.

jetsjets1028
    jetsjets1028's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1363

is that even real question? deff redskins

icancount2one

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post

The Lions might surprise some people this year. If Rodgers or Cutler goes down for the season, I can easily see either team sinking below the Lions in the division. I can see the Lions getting close to .500 this year.
    So what you're saying is the all the Lions need is a miracle fluke injury to not go 4th in the North? I think the Skins have similar chances in the East. Detroit is probably a couple years away from being competitive, but they're at least taking the right approach, selling off players like Roy Williams and Ernie Sims.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madcap View Post
    Jason Campbell was mediocre with the skins, and he at least had some receiving options with Moss, Randel El, and Cooley. Now he's with the Raiders and his best two wideouts are Darious Heyward-Bay and rookie Jacoby Ford. No thanks. You could stack 10 in the box against the Raiders and still not be worried about Campbell burning you deep. I'll go with Washington. I've never liked Donovan McNabb, but he's still a major upgrade over Campbell. The skins have enough weapons to keep you guessing.

The Raiders do have an easier schedule, but when you consider the weaker roster and coaching/GM bungling the last decade/culture of losing, going with the Raiders because they have the easier schedule is like saying you're going to take Duke to win more football games than Auburn because Duke plays in the ACC.
    Jason Campbell was 15th in passer rating last year with those weapons, and besides Cooley it's hard to call them weapons. He's going to have a similar situation of mediocre wideouts and a great tight end in Zach Miller in Oakland. McNabb was 12th in the league with Jackson, Maclin, Celek, and a much better O-line than they have in Washington. Campbell has a higher completion % lifetime than McNabb.

Considering the O-line situation (which the skins are counting on a rookie to save) McNabb may actually be a downgrade from Campbell. Donnie Mac just isn't going to get the time to air it out, and that's what he does best. Or were you not paying attention when Campbell was running for his life every passing down for the last four years?

The Raiders won one more game than the Skins last year. Although they got smoked in the head-to-head match up, they had a better record against the NFC East (1-3 vs 0-6) and played most of the season with a total incompetent at QB (Russell was 32nd in passer rating among starters, 9 points behind Delhomme). Gradkowski and Frye aren't exactly Hall of Famers either. The Raiders should contend next season, while Washington should go down in flames.

Philavanh
    Philavanh's Avatar Become A Pro!

Redskins will be better and will make the playoffs. Raiders will be lucky to get to .500

scarp
    scarp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Washington should have a decent RB trio, but I have a feeling those guys will get injured pretty easy

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the skins finally have the pieces in place to be a contender. An aging coach & QB who are looking at their last shot for greatness

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

So what you're saying is the all the Lions need is a miracle fluke injury to not go 4th in the North? I think the Skins have similar chances in the East. Detroit is probably a couple years away from being competitive, but they're at least taking the right approach, selling off players like Roy Williams and Ernie Sims.

Jason Campbell was 15th in passer rating last year with those weapons, and besides Cooley it's hard to call them weapons. He's going to have a similar situation of mediocre wideouts and a great tight end in Zach Miller in Oakland. McNabb was 12th in the league with Jackson, Maclin, Celek, and a much better O-line than they have in Washington. Campbell has a higher completion % lifetime than McNabb.

Considering the O-line situation (which the skins are counting on a rookie to save) McNabb may actually be a downgrade from Campbell. Donnie Mac just isn't going to get the time to air it out, and that's what he does best. Or were you not paying attention when Campbell was running for his life every passing down for the last four years?

The Raiders won one more game than the Skins last year. Although they got smoked in the head-to-head match up, they had a better record against the NFC East (1-3 vs 0-6) and played most of the season with a total incompetent at QB (Russell was 32nd in passer rating among starters, 9 points behind Delhomme). Gradkowski and Frye aren't exactly Hall of Famers either. The Raiders should contend next season, while Washington should go down in flames.
    While passer rating is quite often a useful stat, it doesn't measure how one performs under pressure. Campbell could never get it done when the game hung in the balance when he was with the Skins.

I also think it's important to note that Washington also got the biggest off-season acquisition, and it's not Donovan McNabb, but Mike Shanahan. While Denver sort of slid into mediocrity after Elway's retirement, let's not forget that Shanahan' Broncos were still a pretty competitive team with Brian FRICKIN Grease as their starting quarterback.

I do think that Shanahan may have gotten a bit complacent after the back to back superbowl wins, and as GM sort of fell victim to wishful thinking with some of his moves, Plummer being the big one.

But he's still a better coach than Tom Cable. I think the Skins players are going to be much more open to buying into Shanahan than the Raiders will be hearing it from Cable for another year. The Skins players are desperate to win. They're tired of being the weak link in the NFC East. Dallas, Philly, and the Giants have all taken turns rising to the top of the division while stepping on Washington's head to get there. Those guys are hungry. Getting Shanahan/McNabb might be what gets those guys to break through. I think it says a lot about the team's attitude when they came out and started trashing Haynesworth for ditching the team. They want to win, and win now. I don't think Oakland has the same urgency. They're young, and have all the excuses in the world. Washington doesn't have any excuses left.

As for the o-line issues: has there been an NFL coach the last two decades better than Mike Shanahan at plugging in random o-linemen year after year and creating a cohesive and formidale unit?

The Skins were awful last year, but they had a lot of in-house squabbling play into that. I think Shanahan and McNabb's arrival puts that all to rest. This may be the last shot at glory for a lot of guys on that roster, and I think they know it.

Portis, Fletcher, Sellers, Andre Carter, Galloway, Larry Johnson, Holliday, Daniels, Chris Draft....those guys are all getting up there, and I think they sense the urgency of the moment this season. Do I think that will translate into a Superbowl run? ah, no. But better than the Raiders? EASILY.
    Points Awarded:

slacker00 gave The Madcap 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11977

redskins will make there way out of the cellar this year.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

raiders for sure...too many bad seasons time for a great one this time

Nomocino
    Nomocino's Avatar Become A Pro!

I give a slight advantage to the Redskins, huge coaching change. The Raiders have a much weaker division, and are also very young but believe they are on the way up they will be the better team after this coming season

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Redskins without question this season.

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Raiders once again are banking on a QB that cant get the ball in the END ZONE his numbers are usually ok he just cant finish

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

Im shocked that 26% took Raiders I would make the line on this Wash -600

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

If I said which was the better team, it would be the Redskins. I was saying which would have a better season, who will win the most this season. Raiders have an easier division. Close call for me.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Retarded question if anything but I'll answer it anyways. You would of been better off comparing the Skins and Eagles, which would be close. The Raiders and the Broncos would be very interesting though.

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

Mcnabb is better than the whole Raider team plus the Raiders have that fool owner to overcome thats to much

samdapatriotsfan
    samdapatriotsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1040

As long as the Raiders have Old Old Old man Davis at the helm they will toil at the bottom of the league regardless of talent. The old man did win a SB back in the day but he has not progressed with the game. And his antiquated decisions prove year in and year out to be flat out bad.

No reason to think they will be any better this year, regardless of who they have at QB.

Redskins no doubt will have the better season. Donovan McNabb will be good for 3-5 wins by himself. Campbell will be good for 4-5 close losses due to his play.

Raiders 5-11

Redskins 9-7

xxxvince
    xxxvince's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

raiders will only be good when al davis leaves, his time is over

First 123 Last