bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

is Tom Brady really hurt?

Tom Brady might keep missing practice, but I'm not buying it. This just is something to throw the Giants a monkey wrench at.

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- For the second consecutive day, New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady wasn't in the locker room when reporters and cameramen were allowed inside Friday.

During the 45-minute period, several cameramen lingered near Brady's locker, but he didn't show up. Nor was he there for the first 12 minutes of practice that the media were allowed to watch.

Asked if he could say whether Brady would practice later in the day, Patriots coach Bill Belichick said, "Not now. We'll see."

Brady was photographed in New York City on Monday wearing a protective boot on his right foot. He took it off later in the day and hasn't been photographed wearing it since. He reportedly has a minor high ankle sprain that isn't expected to keep him out of the Super Bowl against the New York Giants on Feb. 3.

Brady wasn't seen during the first 15 minutes of Thursday's workout to which media were admitted, nor in the locker room.

As Belichick was asked Friday to compare the current trip to the Super Bowl to the other three the team has played in, vice president of media relations Stacey James said, "Final question."

One reporter tried to squeeze in another, asking if Belichick could say what Brady did or didn't do on Thursday, the Patriots' first day of practice after a three-day break.

"Was that the last question?" Belichick said with a smile, turning toward James.

"That was the last question," James replied.

With that, Belichick walked from the lectern and out of the room.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

He's missed the media portion of two practices. No player or coach has confirmed if he's practiced after the cameras are gone, and wouldn't. They're handling it perfectly, keep them guessing, he'll be fine.

justdoingit
    justdoingit's Avatar Become A Pro!

im sure he is fine its bellicheck everything is fake!

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Does Brady have a back up?

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Does Brady have a back up?
    Matt Cassel and Matt Guttierrez.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

If he is, I know Swede is willing, ready and able to murse him back to health.

RageWizard
    RageWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BadNina View Post
    If he is, I know Swede is willing, ready and able to murse him back to health.
    That might be how he got injured in the first place.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!

That could be true...

swede96
    swede96's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by RageWizard View Post
    That might be how he got injured in the first place.

I likes it rough.

He's fine. Belichick is playing it smart. I LOVED the last press conference I saw. Belichick's response was something to the effect of: "Well, the injury report is due Wednesday, and we're REALLY looking forward to give it to you. I can't wait to give you the injury report! But it's not coming out until Wednesday."

Damn I love that man. He cracks me up. Sarcasm is funny. I'm sure Brady will be fine, but even if he doesn't play the whole game, Cassle looked pretty good last time I saw him play.

Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

He has 50 TDs, only 8 INTs and threw for over 4,800 yards. I mean, does he really need to practice this week?

RageWizard
    RageWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!

You can never get enough practice at er... wait a minute your talking aboout football, never mind.

harsh506
    harsh506's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by RageWizard View Post
    You can never get enough practice at er... wait a minute your talking aboout football, never mind.
    PRATICE...... Your talkin about PRATICE.... CMON Guys PRATICE

BadNina
    I did troubles!!

I don't think a few days off would make him rusty.

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

Some think it is a high ankle sprain which takes time to heel,

THE HITMAN
    THE HITMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16230

A Belicheat ploy, no doubt.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by THE HITMAN View Post
    A Belicheat ploy, no doubt.
    He will be miraculously healed by Virgin Mary before kickoff.

SBR Lou

I'm not sure it's ever in your strategy for your QB to get a high ankle sprain in practice before an AFC Championship game, while also having a bad fever, and nearly giving the game away. I'm also not sure it's a ploy to have that quarterback miss a couple full days of practice, (it's been confirmed that he's missed beyond the media portion). He's getting needed rest, he'll get practice time next week. No part of this is an elaborate BB trap.

biggamer3
    biggamer3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3802

Guys when exactly did Brady get injured?
    is there a play where he looked like he got hurt vs the Chargers?

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    Guys when exactly did Brady get injured?
    is there a play where he looked like he got hurt vs the Chargers?
    Reportedly sprained ankle in practice. This is all very hush hush, there's been no definitive statements from the team or anything on the record, but the reports from different sources point to him having a bad fever and spraining his ankle in practice a couple days before the game.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

He has been on the injury report all year long, also everyone is banged up after 20+ weeks of football

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    He has been on the injury report all year long, also everyone is banged up after 20+ weeks of football
    The shoulder injury is a running joke, he's been on the injury report every week for 4 seasons.

greek
    greek's Avatar Become A Pro!

I Dont Think Its Really Gonna Matter ,even If He Was Out For The Game !!!!!!__________ Iam Sure With This Much Publicity And $$$$$$$$$$$$$ The Side And Total Are Already Dtermined By Now < And Well Rehearsed -- Your Job Is To Pick The Right Sides!!!!!!!!!!

swede96
    swede96's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Belichick is smart enough to know that the Giants will be preparing hard for this game and that Brady's ankle has nothing to do with that.

Wouldn't it be funny if it were a play by Brady, though? Notice no one has said a word about Moss's restraining order since all this happened? Master plan or helpful side-effect?

Discuss.