dizzyd
    dizzyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3655

Convince me why I shouldn't pull the trigger on....

Convince me why I shouldn't pull the trigger on a Patriots and Packers two team ML parlay. $1000 to win $456.33.

Seriously, can you really see Eli Manning or Philip Rivers going on the road in freezing conditions and beating a team led by Brett Favre and Tom Brady respectively?????????????????????

Just checking what ya'll think.

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

PULL THE TRIGGER >>>> PULL THE TRIGGER.. but before you do put that parlay in... I agree...

dizzyd

I see that in the "Conference Best Bets" thread Buztah like the two team ML parlay as well. Anybody not think its a solid play?

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14361

I'm not a big fan of parlays but good luck if you play it!

Because
    Because's Avatar Become A Pro!

Better Value with low risk.

Chargers have not lost to the spread in the last 7 games the Patriots have only covered 1 in the last 7

Chargers(SanDiego) +21

Packers(GreenBay) -0.5

Your Total Bet:
    Total Potential Win: est.

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

I hate parlays... I hate parlays of big favs more. The only worse thing I hate is teasing big dogs

If you like either favorite, play it straight up - not in a parlay. A parlay for that is only good if your bankroll is too big for your bookie.

Teasers... I like Green Bay teased. I hope your SD play wins, but I think SD+15 (or even 14x) is a better play.

ipickwinners
    ipickwinners's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

why would u risk that much money, to win a pathetic amount of money? whats the point of this?

Because

I hope your SD play wins, but I think SD+15 (or even 14x) is a better play.

I respect your opinion Justin7, and also yours ipickwinners, but Football season is coming to a close and I am getting a little bit Crazy !!! GOOD LUCK

Parlay (2 Teams)
    01/19/08 23:58 ET
    bet 2,000.00 to win 1,630.25
    Result: Pending
    Chargers(SanDiego)
    Patriots(NewEngland)
    01/20/08(15:05 ET)
    Chargers(SanDiego) +17 (-170)

Bought 3.0 point(s)
    Chargers(SanDiego)
    Patriots(NewEngland)
    Patriots(NewEngland) -700

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I think in his mind he believes that it's a certainty that those two will meet in the Super Bowl but he doesn't want to deal with the high numbers...

I think the Patriots can be teased either way so maybe a teaser with the Pats/Pack and one with SD/Pack...?

White_Tiger
    White_Tiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Quote Originally Posted by Because View Post
    I respect your opinion Justin7, and also yours ipickwinners, but Football season is coming to a close and I am getting a little bit Crazy !!! GOOD LUCK

Parlay (2 Teams)
    01/19/08 23:58 ET
    bet 2,000.00 to win 1,630.25
    Result: Pending
    Chargers(SanDiego)
    Patriots(NewEngland)
    Chargers(SanDiego) +17 (-170)

Bought 3.0 point(s)
    Chargers(SanDiego)
    Patriots(NewEngland)
    Patriots(NewEngland) -700
    GL to your bet but bough 3pts is very bad I think. Since so many people bet on Teaser this game so which ever team win they might get out of teaser also. That 3 pts really mean nothing.

WT.

OrionSky
    OrionSky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by ipickwinners View Post
    why would u risk that much money, to win a pathetic amount of money? whats the point of this?
    I agree - a Giants upset and you are out a grand.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Getting back to the title of this thread, my response would be "because anything can happen in -40 degree wind chill in Green Bay!"

This is not your typical cold-weather game, but rather one of Ice Bowl proportions, and if the teams can't pass, the Giants may actually have the advantage as they have a run-first offense anyway.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Parlay of Pats & Pack, you are paying a lot of chalk.

Plus, I like both dogs today.

If you like the Pats, bet their Super Bowl future of -300 if you can get it at that price. I think that's a terrific value. This weekend is the only chance NE can lose.

ipickwinners
    ipickwinners's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

i hope we talked u out of doing this insane thing, u never lay that kind of money to win less than half

dizzyd

LOL...ummm....well I didn't put a G on it but I still had $750 on it, which is very high stakes for me since I typically am betting $50-$100 max. I was able to hedge out a little when the Packers tied the score up at 20-20 with about 10 minutes to go b/c the live scoring at the Greek had the Giants at +3 and I took them. They looked like they were moving the ball with alot more ease then the Packers at that point and also figured at that point the game would either be won by the Packers by 3 or by the Giants by 3 so I figured it was a winner or a push. Still had an absolutely terrible day though, but what can you do other then move on.
    Pretty sure the Giants got hammered by alot of people at the same time that I took them as I got them at -115 +3 and 1 play later after the kickoff return to about the 40 yard line they were at -160 +3.

Because

So U want 2 Play ????

Lets see how GOOD U R ??????? Oh My I have the KEY to check I.P. addresses, welcome to the WIZARD, imagine what can happen from any file any time ???? Go Away U Bore me... hahhahhahhhaaaa

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    I hate parlays... I hate parlays of big favs more. The only worse thing I hate is teasing big dogs

If you like either favorite, play it straight up - not in a parlay. A parlay for that is only good if your bankroll is too big for your bookie.

Teasers... I like Green Bay teased. I hope your SD play wins, but I think SD+15 (or even 14x) is a better play.

Lil J KrayZ
    Lil J KrayZ's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lets see how GOOD U R ??????? Oh My I have the KEY to check I.P. addresses, welcome to the WIZARD, imagine what can happen from any file any time ???? Go Away U Bore me... hahhahhahhhaaaa
    grow up

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

What am I missing here? You just said in an earlier post that you resect Justin and now you are going off.

I respect your opinion Justin7