SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

"Giants/Pack HAS to Go UNDER"

Total keeps dropping, might be a great play to take the over before the game. You would think these teams are playing in a storm of the ages, 50mph winds, all out blizzard with the way people are going on and on about it...

Yes it will be very, very cold. Spare me the story of how you played backyard football one year and dropped every pass because the ball felt like a brick and your nipples were hard. With all this talk I'm thinking this one may go nearly over before halftime.

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Quote Originally Posted by crazyl View Post
    Total keeps dropping, might be a great play to take the over before the game. You would think these teams are playing in a storm of the ages, 50mph winds, all out blizzard with the way people are going on and on about it...

Yes it will be very, very cold. Spare me the story of how you played backyard football one year and dropped every pass because the ball felt like a brick and your nipples were hard. With all this talk I'm thinking this one may go nearly over before halftime.
    It wasn't backyard, it was in the CFL. My hands were bricks and the ball was a brick. We couldn't throw. Everyone was stiff especially the black guys from FL. At those temps it is even worse with alot of wind but I was from the South as are many NFL players. They could score alot with the running game and turnovers but I still like the under. Extreme cold and wind is alot worse than rain or snow.

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by The Seer View Post
    It wasn't backyard, it was in the CFL. My hands were bricks and the ball was a brick. We couldn't throw.
    I wasn't really singling you out for anything you've shared, just the overall theme across the forums is this one basically going under no matter how far the total keeps falling. I just think that, despite the difficulties both teams will face, they'll be able to find a way to score 40 points.

I could understand if one was a strictly warm weather team, but both play in conditions similar to these, Giants Stadium is extremely difficult to throw in with how windy it does get, a lot of players have said that. And Wisconsin isn't no Miami. So yeah I buy into the fact that both teams will be limited in terms of their entire playbook, but with as explosive as both can be I would consider 40 points being scored a restraint due to the weather. That would go over the total as it stands currently.

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

I wasn't really singling you out for anything you've shared, just the overall theme across the forums is this one basically going under no matter how far the total keeps falling. I just think that, despite the difficulties both teams will face, they'll be able to find a way to score 40 points.

I could understand if one was a strictly warm weather team, but both play in conditions similar to these, Giants Stadium is extremely difficult to throw in with how windy it does get, a lot of players have said that. And Wisconsin isn't no Miami. So yeah I buy into the fact that both teams will be limited in terms of their entire playbook, but with as explosive as both can be I would consider 40 points being scored a restraint due to the weather. I'd consider that low scoring even with it going over the total as it stands currently.
    I definitely wouldn't load up on the under or any under for that matter.

DrunkenLullaby
    DrunkenLullaby's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm in at 44. Of course it can go over....but I ain't trading in my ticket for less than 66 cents on the dollar!

hawk 5
    Update your status
    hawk 5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8779

Not a whole lot of wind in this game, but a hell of a lot of wind forecast for th NE-SD game. that might be the better under. Over 39.5 for me in the GB-NY game.

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by hawk 5 View Post
    Not a whole lot of wind in this game, but a hell of a lot of wind forecast for th NE-SD game. that might be the better under. Over 39.5 for me in the GB-NY game.
    That's basically the most important factor. Both teams are already trying to simulate game conditions by either freezing footballs, practicing some outside, whatever the case may be neither is a warm weather team. So that means, even with the temperature, the occasional gusts of freezing wind, both teams should be able to adapt. This isn't going to be all out inclement weather from what we know, it's simply going to be really damn cold. They are already ensuring the field is playable and good to go, I read a report earlier about some kind of heating measures. Either way, 40 points are being scored in this game.

DrunkenLullaby

neither is a warm weather team. So that means, even with the temperature, the occasional gusts of freezing wind, both teams should be able to adapt.
    There's warm weather, there's cold weather, and then there's -17 wind chill. I would imagine on Sunday many of the players and you might learn the difference. One difference is that QBs & receivers will likely be wearing gloves (unless they're insane, which I don't put past Favre).

No guarantees from this end, but to guarantee over 40 is just silly.

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenLullaby View Post
    There's warm weather, there's cold weather, and then there's -17 wind chill. I would imagine on Sunday many of the players and you might learn the difference. One difference is that QBs & receivers will likely be wearing gloves (unless they're insane, which I don't put past Favre).

I'm not guaranteeing 40 points are scored, I'm just pretty certain they will be. My belief is that whatever impact the conditions have, which there are certain to be some, each offense will be able to adapt. Without a predominant steady dosage of heavy wind, there should be enough instances to make plays in the passing game, and both teams have very physical runners who have shown they can excel in sloppy conditions.

This isn't going to be a game, in my opinion, that is anywhere close to as extreme as the Pittsburgh/Miami game for example, where both teams are lucky to kick a field goal. This is a game where I'm banking that the fans on those benches in Lambeau are the most uncomfortable people in the stadium, not the athletes. I just feel that this is a generous total taking into account the forecasts we have received this far.

jeffries
    jeffries's Avatar Become A Pro!

its staying on the under

DrunkenLullaby

This isn't going to be a game, in my opinion, that is anywhere close to as extreme as the Pittsburgh/Miami game for example, where both teams are lucky to kick a field goal.
    Never said it would be. In fact, unless they schedule a game on a field of quicksand, nothing will ever again approach the conditions of that wondrous night in Pittsburgh.

But in this game, I still say that history bears out that Eli does NOT adapt to the cold very well...and he's never felt cold remotely close to this. Plus I just read that the stupid bastard is not going to wear a glove on his throwing hand.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

I don't think many of you people understand just how cold it is these days in Wisconsin. There are winter advisory warnings not to leave your homes in the evening....

Not making a prediction on the over/under...just telling you it is unbelievably cold and there is a reason that the total is dropping.

jeffries
    jeffries's Avatar Become A Pro!

who would even wanna go to this game and sit for 3 hours through hell... i'd rather watch at home nice and warm

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8069

Im taking the over and GB

danno331
    danno331's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cold

The same artic blast of cold air has hit my home today and I could still throw the Frisbee and the dog still made spectacular catches. Seriously though, I heard that the cold weather gives a little edge to the offense on a given team. The defense can't follow the route cuts in the secondary and the line of scrimmage becomes a little reactionary for the run game as well. Not a lot, but some and that's all it takes. I'll wait to game time and place a unit on the over.

chandler1981
    chandler1981's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Crazy,
    I'm with ya all the way. Over for me. I saw Favre in an interview and he said he likes playing in games like this. He said you can bet we will have hand warmers and I will be fine.

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Box score from GB Chic game wind chill -17

1st Downs 13 14
    Total Yards 274 240
    Passing 149 101
    Rushing 125 139
    Penalties 1-10 6-30
    3rd Down Conversions 3-12 6-15
    4th Down Conversions 1-3 2-3
    Turnovers 2 0
    Possession 26:27 33:33

Score did go over but it had to do with turnovers and bad punts. Did not really look like Green Bay liked the cold weather.

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by chandler1981 View Post
    Crazy,
    I'm with ya all the way. Over for me. I saw Favre in an interview and he said he likes playing in games like this. He said you can bet we will have hand warmers and I will be fine.
    Yeah thats fine bud... We aren't concerned about Favre and the Pack putting up points... As far as I'm concerned the Pack can put up about 27 and this game will still go UNDER... I've got it @ 43 and 50 in a teaser and am glad I got in early as well... Eli WILL play like shvt tomorrow in that weather! Yeah he has looked good the last 2 weeks, but this will be different story... I predict Pack 24 Giants 13

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14361

Does Favre still run around the stadiium naked at dawn on game day? He used to do that (and maybe still does) to acclimatize himself.

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by Checkerboard View Post
    Does Favre still run around the stadiium naked at dawn on game day? He used to do that (and maybe still does) to acclimatize himself.

I'd much rather picture his wife Deanna doing so, though.

OrionSky
    OrionSky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by jeffries View Post
    Who would even wanna go to this game and sit for 3 hours through hell... i'd rather watch at home nice and warm...
    ...where the beer is cheaper and no lines for the bathroom.

This game is going to be good! GO PACKERS!

SBR Lou

Can't imagine how cold those aluminum style bleachers will be at Lambeau, I've been there a few times and had to pay the $5 to rent the seat warmer with the extended back. Hope they have enough of those babies to go around!

DrunkenLullaby

Quote Originally Posted by Checkerboard View Post
    If so, give me the G-men....because Favre will be in the hospital and it'll be Aaron Rodgers time.

nobshine
    nobshine's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pokernut9999 View Post
    Box score from GB Chic game wind chill -17

1st Downs 13 14
    Total Yards 274 240
    Passing 149 101
    Rushing 125 139
    Penalties 1-10 6-30
    3rd Down Conversions 3-12 6-15
    4th Down Conversions 1-3 2-3
    Turnovers 2 0
    Possession 26:27 33:33

Score did go over but it had to do with turnovers and bad punts. Did not really look like Green Bay liked the cold weather.
    It was the wind. Did you watch that game? Cold is nothing compared to the winds they had in Chicago. Favre is like 43-5 in under 32 degrees. I am 2 hours south of GB and it is COLD.
    No wind today to affect the passing and kicking game. Giants are out of their element today IMO. GB takes this one handily.

DrunkenLullaby

To you guys that like the over still (although I'm NOT one of you), I would highly recommend seeking out the prop of over 4.5 TDs in the game. ABC/Jazz has over at -135.

Even if you like the over, you HAVE to believe kickers are going to struggle.

Good luck....well, not really, since I'm heavily invested against you guys.

SBR Lou

Thanks Drunken, good luck to you also bud.

remmy358
    remmy358's Avatar Become A Pro!

i like the over but will not be playing

DrunkenLullaby

Somebody pass the salt & pepper.

I like my crow seasoned.

DrunkenLullaby

I'm in at 44. Of course it can go over....but I ain't trading in my ticket for less than 66 cents on the dollar!

Congrats to all you guys who got in on the over in the low 40s. THAT'S what I call a win-win!

P.S. Sorry if anybody followed my advice on the TD prop. I'm still wondering how they made 5 out of 7 FGs in this game under those conditions.

SBR Lou

Congrats to all you guys who got in on the over in the low 40s. THAT'S what I call a win-win!
    Yup, over 39.5 for me. A little uncomfy after that first half though.

Glad to be able to cash in together.

ritehook
    ritehook's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice call, solid reasoning by Crazy.

I had today only Sd, Sd Under and a teaser with those two, plus the teased under (46) in the Packer/NYG game. Whew!