Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Where do the Colts go from here??

I was at the game yesterday...congrats to the Chargers...they showed alot of heart by hanging in there with their backups! Peyton has his struggles with game winning final drives but then so did Brady last year! He did put up over 400 yds. and 2 second half TD passes to give them the lead which the D promptly choked up both times! Freeney is the key to our pass rush and its sickening how little they have without him. We made Rivers look like Dan Fouts in his prime! Even if Peyton pulls it out at the end...we get torched in Foxboro since we can't pressure the QB! On to Lucas Field and I hope its with Coach Dungy but couldn't his kid have waited to enroll in Tampa till after the playoffs and this whole retirement can of worms wouldn't have been an issue? I say bring in Marty Schottenheimer or someone proven because the pieces are in place to be a champion again and our talent except for Marvin is young and in their prime!!

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

The Colts are in a transition period. I really believe Coach Dungy will retire. Dont' see the Colts getting back to the Super Bowl anytime soon.

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Tchocky View Post
    The Colts are in a transition period. I really believe Coach Dungy will retire. Dont' see the Colts getting back to the Super Bowl anytime soon.
    I'm sorry, but the Colts are hardly in a transition period here man... So what if Dungy retires... Jim Caldwell takes over the team... So what if Marvin Harrison can't play anymore, we have Anthony Gonzalez who looked good all year... Manning will be Manning, Addai will only get better, DClark is top 3 tight ends in the game, Wayne just had his best year... Our defense will be ever better next year, we will have rob morris back and i'm sure that Polian will pick up some stud DLineman or DB in the draft! I would be willing to bet right now that the Colts win atleast 12 games again next season... We just need to stop getting BYE'S... The only 3 times we have gotten BYE'S in the playoffs and had a home divisional round game we have lost all 3... Tennesse, Pittsburgh, and now San Diego... I guess we just need to get the 3 seed again next year so we can win the Super Bowl... No more BYE weeks for the Colts! Colts will be a contender again next year and will make atleast the AFC Title game next year! WE ARE BY NO MEANS IN A TRANSITION PERIOD... Most ridiculous thing I've heard in a long time!

The Colts will be a CONTENDER next year!

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton2MarvinN06 View Post
    The Colts will be a CONTENDER next year!
    I wonder what rules Polian will modify in the competition committee this year, because apparently, getting an overwhelming amount of highly questionable calls was not enough. Reminded me of the home game versus New England this year. There was something going on there and I don't care what anybody says, it's almost like the NFL wanted another Brady/Manning showdown for the incredibly high ratings it would draw.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

The colts will be fine, Plenty of talent and moving to a new stadium. Tony still might come back, but even without him they are still a 10+ win team for the next several years. As long as manning is there , they will be a contender ...Bottom Line

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

To be honest I'm surprised Turner didn't blast the zebras during his press conference for blatantly trying to steer this one, taking back the TD to end the half, the phantom PI call, just to name a few.

It's just getting to be a routine occurrence with Indy at home in big games, eventually someone in the media is going to say something about it. For what it's worth I backed Indy in this game and still was shaking my head.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

I was at the Colts game so I probably missed some things that fans could pickup on TV but the Colts were called for several costly personal fouls...atleast 2 key 3rd down stops and one negated a long pass to Dallas Clark at the end! Not saying they were bad calls but they didn't exactly try to gift the Colts into the AFC Championship like some think?
    Colts are far from done talent wise whether Dungy goes or stays! Another guy we get back that is a difference maker is Booger McFarland! He's our biggest D-lineman and collapses the pocket better than anyone else on the team! We win atleast 11-12 games for another few years atleast!