jeffries
    jeffries's Avatar Become A Pro!

Packers V Giants Bet The Bank On............

The Packers!!!!

I just checked out the spreads and the Packers are ast -7 right now. This is an excellent chance to take your bets while their still low. By next week the line will probably be up to Green Bay -11 or Green Bay -12. I'm not Betting this game because I can't stand the fact to actually have to root against my own team..

Big Brett Favre fan right here so either way I'm satisfied with whoever wins next week, although I'm highly pulling for the Giants.. Eli just cannot play in the cold weather and thats what Green Bay feeds off of. Green Bay is the # 1 team in the league playing in the cold. They play better in the cold then in the warm if ya ask me..

Like I said, I'm not betting this game, but folks who might want to take it, you better get the lines while there still good. The Giants are a good team, but not as good as Green Bay. This is 1 team NYG CANNOT Handle, but hey, I'll be rooting for em anyway

GL Everyone

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have a hard time believing the Packers will end up as 12 point favorites in this game.

Nice call on the Giants today bud.

area51steve
    area51steve's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyl View Post
    I have a hard time believing the Packers will end up as 12 point favorites in this game.

Nice call on the Giants today bud.
    Yep... If anything the public is gonna favor the giants... So if you like NY in this one, take em early to get the best number.. The giants may very well win straight up and be on their way to the super bowl, but taking the points is the best bet..

EastsidaProduct
    EastsidaProduct's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 390

I'll bet the bank...

...on the over. In fact, I want the over by halftime and the game!

jeffries

Lol thats true... I just can't see this being a high scoring game though. You need to play it out in your mind. This is the NFC Finals, and not only do Green Bay and New York have excellent defenses, but both teams will step their games up a notch and do everything they can to limit their opponents time on the field with the ball.. The Giants have come very far so look for them to really put alot of pressure on Favre. As I said in many of my other posts, the Giants slack once they take the leads. They never take advantage of the golden opportunity. I expect this to be a low scoring game. The public is going to be highly in favor of Green Bay, I assure you that. The public know Green Bay is the 2nd highest scoring team in the league behind New England, and they know New York doesn't score ENOUGH. The key here is both teams have excellent defenses so look for the packers to try and limit the giants posession of the bal as little as possible. Same with the Giants limiting the Packers with the ball..

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

I like the Giants in a close game. Green Bay will be overhyped because they tore apart Seattle's defense. The Seahawks have the worst defense among the playoff teams. They are really terrible. I think the G-Men play this one close.

jeffries

I love the Giants. After all they are my hometeam. Huge Manning fan (both Peyton and Eli), and I'll be rooting for them next week against the Packers, but as much as I hate to say it... the Giants just arent ready for a Superbowl matchup. I can predict these kind of things. Green Bay should win this one by 10+ points.

ritehook
    ritehook's Avatar Become A Pro!

NFL wants Green Bay in their Feb Global Show.

Maybe Brett's last game, a drama made for TV (choke, sob).

Give the Pack 2 or 3 pts more vs NY, their 12 man will wear stripes

DrunkenLullaby
    DrunkenLullaby's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffries View Post
    This is an excellent chance to take your bets while their still low. By next week the line will probably be up to Green Bay -11 or Green Bay -12.
    Wow. The stuff that some people believe never ceases to amaze me....unless he has inside info that somebody's gonna pull a Jeff Gillooly on Eli.

jeffries

Let me demonstrate a little example for you... Just last night the line for the NBA New Orleans Hornets/Houston Rockets game was N.O +2 and Houston -2... First off this game is hard enough to bet on because New Orleans has an excellent away record and a winning record all together, and Houston has been rolling without McGrady. This line moved from New orleans +2 all the way to New Orleans -2.5... For this to go that far alot of people obviously were taking N.O to win... it went to N.O +2, N.O +1.5, N.O +1, Pick (NO or Houston), N.O -0.5, N.0 -1, N.O -1.5, N.0 -2, N.O 2.5

Now use your head.. Green Bay Packers.... Homefield advantage... Eli can't play for $hit in the cold weather and Green Bay practically thrives off playing in 0 degree weather. G.B also is # 2 in the league in scoring and have pretty damn good defense..

You figure it out... Giants +7 and G.B -7 is to kind. The reason the Giants are even getting that line is because they knocked the Cowboys out of the playoffs. The oddsmakers want people to take the Giants because they came through twice as underdogs. They won't get past G.B.

Prediction GB 28, NYG 17

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

Just heard on TV game time temps could be zero to below zero, Field will be in a deep freeze.

Right now a lean toward the packers

DrunkenLullaby
    DrunkenLullaby's Avatar Become A Pro!

Let me demonstrate a little example for you... Just last night the line for the NBA New Orleans Hornets/Houston Rockets game was N.O +2 and Houston -2... First off this game is hard enough to bet on because New Orleans has an excellent away record and a winning record all together, and Houston has been rolling without McGrady. This line moved from New orleans +2 all the way to New Orleans -2.5... For this to go that far alot of people obviously were taking N.O to win... it went to N.O +2, N.O +1.5, N.O +1, Pick (NO or Houston), N.O -0.5, N.0 -1, N.O -1.5, N.0 -2, N.O 2.5

Now use your head.. Green Bay Packers.... Homefield advantage... Eli can't play for $hit in the cold weather and Green Bay practically thrives off playing in 0 degree weather. G.B also is # 2 in the league in scoring and have pretty damn good defense..

You figure it out... Giants +7 and G.B -7 is to kind. The reason the Giants are even getting that line is because they knocked the Cowboys out of the playoffs. The oddsmakers want people to take the Giants because they came through twice as underdogs. They won't get past G.B.

Prediction GB 28, NYG 17
    I'm using my head. My head tells me that almost certainly no NFL playoff pointspread has ever moved 4+ points from its open. I welcome evidence to the contrary.

RageWizard
    RageWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!

I heard somewhere that manning was using the bad weather excuse for not playing well at the end of the season before the buffalo game. The giants don't have a secondary to hold up against the Pack. I'm taking the Pack as soon as I get to my betting computer because I feal that a touchdown is about as low as it is gonna get. I'm also gonna take a parlay with the over if the book lets me.

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    I like the Giants in a close game. Green Bay will be overhyped because they tore apart Seattle's defense. The Seahawks have the worst defense among the playoff teams. They are really terrible. I think the G-Men play this one close.

3 road wins in a row in the playoffs?? I just don't think they can pull this off, not to mention the weather factor and other factors...personally I don't see either game coming up ending as close or as good as the games we saw this weekend...Pats and Packers go to the Superbowl....

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Giants corner Aaron Ross may miss game. That would sting with all of the receiving threats GB has, Ross showed great presence before getting injured versus Dallas.

palerider
    palerider's Avatar Become A Pro!

D-Fence is what will win this game for either team. Everyone knows it! Whos going to fumble the ball? Whos going to throw more INT's? What QB is going to get knocked down, sacked and hurried the most. This game could go both ways and should go down to the end.

EastsidaProduct
    EastsidaProduct's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 390

Ok so it will be cold at GB but do you forget how cold it gets in Giant Stadium? i drive past the stadium every night from work and that place is the windiest and coldest part of Rt. 3. the giants will play even match with the packers. thats why i say the game will go the over. not only by the end but also at half...

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

Let's see what the weather is going to be like there first. Early reports say it is going to be very cold which favors Green Bay. I pick Green Bay especially if it below 20 degrees they love it cold there!!

jeffries

Trust me, this game is going to Green Bay in the freezing cold weather. They thrive off the cold.. I'll be rooting for my NY Giants though.. It would be nice to see an upset here but either way I'm satisfied whichever team goes to the SB... I want the Giants to go and knock out the Pats, but on the other hand, I layed heavy cash before the reg. season for the packers to win the SB, and who knows it could happen... San Diego isn't getting past N.E and G.B I think will defeat NY... Comes down 50/50

danno331
    danno331's Avatar Become A Pro!

Green Bay played well against the pass and hope to see more of that in the Tundra. This is a hard game to get a lot of mojo on one team over the other. I think they both play a little tight for the first series and then air things out. Taking the over unless weather is below 20 degrees and taking Green Bay because I'm old and so is Favre. Feels good to see him still do so well. Also like seeing that Atari free saftey guy hammer foes with waterboy type tackles.
    Last edited by danno331; 01-15-08 at 05:31 PM.

outdrawed
    outdrawed's Avatar Become A Pro!

You never answered my question a couple weeks ago when I asked you what you were smoking. The Seahawks' defense is far from terrible, and is probably Top 10 or so.

jeffries

Quote Originally Posted by outdrawed View Post
    You never answered my question a couple weeks ago when I asked you what you were smoking. The Seahawks' defense is far from terrible, and is probably Top 10 or so.
    Hahahaha Look whose back! So not only did the NYG beat Tampa Bay, but they defeated Dallas.. Should'v listened to me Outdrawed.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

So how cold is it suppose to be in Green Bay?

danno331
    danno331's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BadNina View Post
    So how cold is it suppose to be in Green Bay?
    Cold enough for your headlights to be on high beam!

Lambeau on Sunday 4 degrees but by 2nd half kickoff, the air temperature will drop to zero. At least the winds won’t be howling, but a 12 mile per hour wind will drop the chill factor to -20. Ouch!

nobshine
    nobshine's Avatar Become A Pro!

Start of second half should be around 0. Should be a fun game to watch.

McRich
    McRich's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Giants party will end with a 10 point loss this weekend in Green Bay. I have already gone large on the Packers. They have a great veteran and proven QB, a RB with a chip on his shoulder that will want to prove the Giants were wrong in letting him go, excellent WR's, an excellent kicker and a defense that has been playing well most of the year.

The Giants have an average QB, an excellent running game, good receivers, an average kicker and an average D that has holes in the secondary. This will be their third road game in a row.

Oh, by the way: the Packers killed the Giants 35-13 this season at the Giants.

GO PACK GO!!!

charlie64
    charlie64's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm sorry man,but I have to disagree with you,this is Farve's year.I mean there aint now way in hell he's gonna let that team get overhyped.He has been ariund way to long.I'm looking for a SuperBowl rematch from years past.
    Last edited by charlie64; 01-17-08 at 07:37 PM.

jeffries

Favre is gonna rape Tom Brady in the SB... I just wish the superbowl would be played in some freezing cold weather, something the packers play great in.. I love seeing Brady quiver like a little girl in the freezing cold

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

Quote Originally Posted by danno331 View Post
    Cold enough for your headlights to be on high beam!

Lambeau on Sunday 4 degrees but by 2nd half kickoff, the air temperature will drop to zero. At least the winds won’t be howling, but a 12 mile per hour wind will drop the chill factor to -20. Ouch!
    Just thinking about that puts them on high beam.

outdrawed

Hahahaha Look whose back! So not only did the NYG beat Tampa Bay, but they defeated Dallas.. Should'v listened to me Outdrawed.
    Are you done trolling me over one game?

jeffries

Are you done trolling me over one game?
    I been around Football many years. I have a hard time believing ANYBODY would take Tampa Bay over the New York Giants... Lol I'm not insulting you, I actually like you Outdrawd. You're a funny guy. I just love how you predicted TB would decimate NY but TB got theres asses whooped. Now be honest, you took Dallas over NY and you know it. You wanted to see Dallas whoop NY for that loss you got in TB.. Lol then the Giants made you go 0-2 when betting against them lol.

Trust me, take GB this Sunday. Take the points as I'm seeing a nice a lil blowout. Believe me though, I want the NYG to win so if I'm wrong, I'm still happy cuz my team will be going to the SB.. If not, I still love Favre cuz he's the man and I expect em to assrape Brady in the superbowl

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14473

Favre goin' to and winnin' the show? Could happen I suppose . . . good script, anyways!

outdrawed

I been around Football many years. I have a hard time believing ANYBODY would take Tampa Bay over the New York Giants... Lol I'm not insulting you, I actually like you Outdrawd. You're a funny guy. I just love how you predicted TB would decimate NY but TB got theres asses whooped. Now be honest, you took Dallas over NY and you know it. You wanted to see Dallas whoop NY for that loss you got in TB.. Lol then the Giants made you go 0-2 when betting against them lol.
    Actually I had no money on any team last week, so your completely unfounded assumptions are wrong. And somehow, I doubt somebody who types like, and has the maturity of, a 16 year old kid has been around football that long. But hey, it's the internet. Let's all be douchebags and say what we want!

jeffries

Actually I had no money on any team last week, so your completely unfounded assumptions are wrong. And somehow, I doubt somebody who types like, and has the maturity of, a 16 year old kid has been around football that long. But hey, it's the internet. Let's all be douchebags and say what we want!
    You can't judge maturity through the internet young fella. I see your still angry about losing your money. Time to move on budday.. Oh by the way, why are you dissing 16 year olds? Do you have something against them? Is that supposed to be an insult? Are my supposed to be insulted that your saying I act 16? Not only do I not take insult to this 1 bit because i'm not prejudice against age groups like you, but I also don't judge peoples ages like a moron by seeing how they type.. I'v seen 50 year old men on forums talking like 13 year olds. Little lesson for you young fella, don't judge peoples ages through the internet because your not getting nowhere with it, secondly, don't judge them by how they act either and judge their maturity level because what you just did was showed your prejudice towards all 16 year olds..

Now if you want to talk about growing up (and Im assuming your like 20), then you need to act it man. Never talk to another user about acting his age when you alone act far from whatever age you may be.. From what I gather, if you wanna exchange age insults, would it bother you to say you act like a 20 year old who acts 15?

Conclusion.... just give up with the "age" $hit. It's old. People don't even fall for that crap, this whole maturity level garbage.. There's no such thing as having a maturity level. Grown men act like morons all the time when their around there friends, at bars and elsewhere. Maturityt belongs in the workstation..Thats where the maturity should be.. As for here, this is a forum and I dont even know you so I could care less what you think kid. If you knew football you wouldnt have been 0-2 in the last 2 weeks
    Last edited by jeffries; 01-18-08 at 05:14 PM.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Wait until close to kickoff to pick the games this weekend. If the wind speed is high, go with the dog. If the winds are calm, pick the favorite. The wind will be the biggest factor in both of these two games. The wind is supposed to be strong for both of these games, but I don't know how much stock you want to put into the weather forecast for wind.

12 Last