Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Jags play near perfect game. . . Still lose by double digits

Great football played on saturday night. . . Some of the best Qb play i've seen in a long time , on both sides of the ball. . . Great effort from the jags. . .congrats to the pats

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Garrard's receiver, I think it was Northcutt, really let him down in dropping a pass near the 1 and then having to settle for a FG. David threw a perfect pass. He was much sharper than last week though, that's the David Garrard from the regular season.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jags chose to take out the big plays instead of blitzing Brady (and could have won this one if their receivers don't drop two TD passes). It resulted in long, slow Pats drives of six, seven minute a piece. I'm just glad the over still hit. Brady completed 26 of 28, but I remember just one deep pass. At one point in the second half I thought I'd missed the news of Moss being out for the game. Hopefully next week their opponent is back to pass rushing Brady, like the Eagles and Giants did earlier. Good game, but unusualy sterile.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 01-13-08 at 03:38 AM.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Jags play near perfect game. . . Still lose by double digits
    The single biggest stat in determining winners and losers in the NFL is turnover margin.

Any time you come out -2 in turnovers as the Jags did, you didn't play "near perfect".

awatkins011
    awatkins011's Avatar Become A Pro!

Def. wasn't near perfect. Pats either scored or had a scoring opportunity on EVERY drive. The Jaguar defense was terrible. Garrard stepped up but it still wasn't enough. Gotta be effecient on both sides of the ball and Jax did not do that last night. Fun game to watch though as the QB's were fantastic.