SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

NE vs JAX 1H Play (Write-up)

NE vs JAX : Saturday, 8PM

The last time NE had an entire week off to rest, refuel, and get ready to play they came out and buried the Buffalo Bills 56-10 in what was also a primetime game. While even Patriots homers don't expect a wacky score like that in this one, I think it's fair to assume NE will not be coming out flat here. Interestingly enough, the last game they had played before that week off was the nailbiter against the Colts, a game which they trailed Manning in the 4th and rallied to squeak by. Sound familiar?

16-0 is over. 0-0 is here. Conditions figure to be in the mid 30's around game time with little wind, the passing game will be fine. With NE having that added rest and the clear coaching advantage, I'd be surprised if they didn't score early. With so much talk about Jacksonville's RBs in Taylor and Jones-Drew, one guy I think that's being overlooked is Laurence Maroney. He's a very talented runner with a realistic opportunity to be a factor here. Jacksonville is not going to stuff the box on NE, so the ball is on the tee for Laurence to knock out of the park.

When passing the ball, NE has the clear and overwhelming edge. Jacksonville's secondary has their hands full here. Despite having a talented young corner in Rashean Mathis, they are outmatched pretty badly. Mathis is good, but he's not a match for Moss and any help he receives creates more opportunities for Welker, Stallworth, Gaffney, even Maroney to catch some passes. Over the last several weeks we've seen NE swing for the fence a lot, tons of deep strikes, none more clear than the second half against Miami where they were playing a vanilla offense with a 28 pt lead. We're going to see the more methodical routes here, Tom isn't going to lock onto Moss as much (I feel was a little deliberate on BB's part to throw scouts off his trail, for instance, a Jaguars scout was in attendance in the Miami game).

David Garrard has played smart this year, but relies on a solid running game and if that's taken away early he'll be forced to take the game into his own hands. Unfortunately for him, his receivers aren't overly talented and NE should feel good about their pass defense here. Asante Samuel is a stud, figures to be the highest paid corner in the league after this year when he will hit the free agent market. Jacksonville may break off some huge runs, but to be competitive they'll need around 30 points, I don't see them dominating through a crowded box THAT much. Belichick will throw 9 ****ing guys in there if he has to. Garrard has to have the game of his life here and I don't see it happening. Tom Brady 6-0 at home in the playoffs and that streak continues here.

A backdoor cover for Jacksonville maybe, but NE will come out sharp and score some points before the half so I'm on..

The play : NE team total over 16 1st half
    Last edited by SBR Lou; 01-12-08 at 02:20 AM.

SBR Lou

Bump. Anyone fade me?

MiamiBoy86
    MiamiBoy86's Avatar Become A Pro!

noobie here, your logic is sound, and based on my own research i am going to fade you here...2 units on the first half...lets go get em!

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiBoy86 View Post
    noobie here, your logic is sound, and based on my own research i am going to fade you here...2 units on the first half...lets go get em!
    Probably a good idea, welcome to the forum and good luck.

NOPHUN
    NOPHUN's Avatar Become A Pro!

crazyl.. good write-up and i'm w/you for 3 units

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by NOPHUN View Post
    crazyl.. good write-up and i'm w/you for 3 units
    Thanks man, hope we can take it down.

SBR Lou

Sorry guys, if you watched the game, you saw the Patriots kicker Stephen Gostowski miss a 35yd fkn FG with like 50 secs left in the half. That's how the cookie crumbles sometimes, would have went up by 17.