bigdane005
    bigdane005's Avatar Become A Pro!

13 way to many for ne to give

in my opion threre is not a better bet this weekend then the jags getting 13. im new here and id like to start to talk about that if we could.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Welcome to SBR forum Bigdane!

I'll post back here in a few about the game, just wanted to extend a greeting to you.

bigdane005

thank u very much!!

awhitejackson
    Slappin troubles away with the SlapChop
    awhitejackson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Game against Steelers almost got ugly but there were some unlikely mistakes made...I'm big Steelers fan but that could have (or should have?) been a blowout. Jacksonville looked to be the much stronger team on that day..+13 is too much for any playoff team and I really like taking these points against NE...Not a definate pick but then again there never are...GL

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dane,

New England's last game against a team very similar to the Jaguars was a 21pt home win against Pittsburgh. In this situation, they're also at home, only now in the divisional round of the playoffs.

I would be very careful on pounding 13, you could certainly make a case for something like 14.5 or more, but this is exactly the kind of match NE craves. A very weak secondary outside of a good young player in Rashean Mathis, a defensive line with some injury marks, Marcus Stroud out for the year, John Henderson pulling a hammy last week...

All I'm saying is, what I would consider first and foremost is, if New England jumps out 10-0, how will Jacksonville play? Do you think they'll be able to pass more if the game situation dictates that? Garrard vs Brady in a playoff game is not something I can feel too comfortable with if i'm leaning Jax...

Can this game more easily end up
    34-13, 34-20

or can it more easily end up 34-27? I don't think, after putting up 31 against Pittsburgh on the road, they'll be able to go up against a Bill Belichick coached team and a QB who is 12-2 in the playoffs and keep the swelling down if they trail early... and you have to figure the halftime adjustments are predominantly in BB's favor. Jack Del Rio is an alright coach, but he's no Dungy or Belichick. I'm passing this one because I don't think there's enough value either way, all I'm saying is before you think the spread looks a little too easy consider all the factors...

Good luck buddy

buztah
    buztah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Crazy, once again we agree. I wouldn't lay 13 against any PO team but I have no confidence in the Jags playing catchup if they fall behind to NE's prolific passing agme. The only way I could take Jags +13 is if the weather were shitty.

No value though in NE ML and I think Jags ML is throwing money away. Pass.

bigdane005

once again there has been some great discussion as ive seen here in the past week. i thank every one for the warm welcome and gl to every one this weekend.