SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

San Diego Lovers, Here's a Nugget To Chew On

I know that the Chargers won six in a row to end the regular season, and beat the lowly Titans, therefor the Bolts are back and clearly are a top 3 team (), but you may want to exercise a little bit of restraint before torching your wallet... Antonio Gates IS out for the game, you know?

That's like the equivalent of Wes Welker being out for NE....

Coaching handicap + playoff game on the road against #2 team in the league + missing star player + inexperienced QB = Play on Indy or pass. This could get a little ugly.

hanco21
    The Lord of No Rings..AJ Smith Egomaniac
    hanco21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2113

Chargers are going to turn a few heads this weekend and challenge NE for the AFC Championship. They have always struggled in poors conditions. They call Gates a game time decision but I believe he plays this weekend, he is crucial to our offense and everyone knows. He will try to suit up. I would be more worried about Marvin harrision, something is not right about him and to just jump in at the playoffs, hmmm.

Bernval
    Bernval's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bolts have had a nice run - but it could get ugly, like you say.

Look at 3 major positions -
    coach - Indy,
    QB - Manning,
    Home team with the crowd and the loud speakers (lol) - Indy.
    4th position - Best player on the field -- #21 - but the top 3 are too much for even him to overcome - to make things worse they do not run enough plays to #21

Bernval

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

If the Chargers can get to Manning, which they have shown they can, this could be interesting. If the Colts stop LT, it won't matter.

I expect high scoring and Colts win.

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by hanco21 View Post
    Chargers are going to turn a few heads this weekend and challenge NE for the AFC Championship. They have always struggled in poors conditions. They call Gates a game time decision but I believe he plays this weekend, he is crucial to our offense and everyone knows. He will try to suit up. I would be more worried about Marvin harrision, something is not right about him and to just jump in at the playoffs, hmmm.
    Your crazy dude... Marvin has been workin out with the team for the last 6 weeks and he could have easily played against Tenn... We are pulling the same thing that we did last year with Bob Sanders... Look what he did... Came in and absolutely shut down Larry Johnson and Jamaal Lewis on consecutive weekends... Harrison will only draw attention from the defense and Wayne could have an absolutely huge game! LT should have a decent game, but I honestly doubt that Gates is gonna play this Sunday... Even if he does, with that injury, hes definitely not gonna be 100%! Addai will be able to run the ball effectively and Manning will get it to Clark and Wayne early and often... Colts win by 10+ Sunday! If you are gonna bet the Chargers side, you better be teasing it because you will be on the wrong end if not! BET THAT!

teazeman
    teazeman's Avatar Become A Pro!

good insight cralyl.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Colts big

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Quote Originally Posted by Bernval View Post
    Bolts have had a nice run - but it could get ugly, like you say.

Look at 3 major positions -
    coach - Indy,
    QB - Manning,
    Home team with the crowd and the loud speakers (lol) - Indy.
    4th position - Best player on the field -- #21 - but the top 3 are too much for even him to overcome - to make things worse they do not run enough plays to #21

Bernval
    I'm not so sure the best player on the field isn't Bob Sanders. I think he is to Indy's D what LT is to the SD offense.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I'm expecting LT to have a big game. But it probably won't be enough to get the win.

buztah
    buztah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Colts in a blowout. This won't even be close. 42-9 Colts.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

I'll be at the game....last one for RCA Dome

I pounded SD -10 last week and still feel EXTREMELY lucky that they covered!! They looked more like the team that gained less than 200 yards vs the Colts and had to hang on to win despite 6 Picks and 2 return TDs! I had LT in fantasy football and most of his damage was in the 2nd half when SD held the lead! I don't see LT getting off here although the Colts D-Line is the most banged up unit on the team. Obviously, the Colt pash rush isn't the same without Freeney as well! I still see the Colts by 2 TDs due to Peyton getting his weapons back and Rivers lack of experience! The Colts back 7 on D is probably the best in football against the pass and Rivers will learn the hard way! Colts 34 SD 20

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by buztah View Post
    I'm with you, Buzzy. Can I call you that? I know JJ does in his videos and I think it's funny. You should ask him to make a video about the games this weekend, since he seems to grant your wishes.

buztah
    buztah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Crazy, call me buzzy or whatever. LOL! I placed a big bet on the Colts. That means you should fade me. I just don't see how SD can even keep this close.

bigdane005
    bigdane005's Avatar Become A Pro!

love the ponies here especially if sd only plays one half of football like they did last week. i believe rivers immmaturity is just way to much to overcome. i dont believe we will see ol phillip running his mouth like the previous 2 weeks.

colts 35-17
    good luck everyone

b00fa
    b00fa's Avatar Become A Pro!

i've see worse teams beat better teams

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by b00fa View Post
    i've see worse teams beat better teams
    You're right. I'm not sure a letdown is something to bank on in this particular match, though.

-Antonio Gates out really hurts SD.
    -Clear QB/WR advantage for Indy
    -SD would need to win the turnover battle, but with a healthy, potent Indy offense that's not playing scrubs like in their regular season match where Manning threw 6 picks, that's going to be considerably tougher.
    -Clear coaching disadvantage for SD in playoff situation on the road.

You're basically gambling on, can SD come out and take control of the game before the half. Because if it goes to halftime with a 3-7 pt Indy lead, I honestly think the coaching advantage is so big that those adjustments Indy makes will be too much for SD to overcome. Indy 31, SD 17

cweh
    cweh's Avatar Become A Pro!

I dont see any advantage SD may have! I have this as a high scoring game but indy wins ( 2 field goals or less).

Indy 31-27

b00fa
    b00fa's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by buztah View Post
    I guess you were wrong!

taco3275
    taco3275's Avatar Become A Pro!

90% of the the folks here were wrong!

taco3275
    taco3275's Avatar Become A Pro!

90% of the the folks here were wrong!