SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cam Cameron Insulted By Players, Taunted In Lockerroom

This is a great read.. I feel for Cam, even though I think he's too passive to be a head coach I can't believe Joey Porter used him as such a doormat and he didn't even defend himself.
    The first incident centers around Cameron and began when DT Keith Traylor and guard Vernon Carey got into a very heated exchange that nearly turned into physical on the team's flight back from New England in Week 16.

Traylor at first got into it with another player but then when he went to the back of the plane to apologize, the whole affair escalated into what was nearly a very messy incident with Carey. Players were forced to jump into the fray and separate the combatants.

Players say Cameron, the leader of the team, simply stood up as the players broke up the ruckus but never exerted his authority.

The next day Cameron met with Traylor and after those two got into it, the coach kicked the 17-year veteran off the team.

To say that didn't sit well with the leaders of that locker room would be the understatement of the year. While Traylor packed his belongings and headed home out of state, team leaders began to vent their frustration to Cameron.

First, Pro Bowl LB Zach Thomas laced into the coach saying how wrong it was that he would convince a guy to come back for a 17th year and gut it out for a winless team only to get kicked off the squad after 15 games. Thomas gave the coach a pretty good dressing down while Jason Taylor, who had a major problem with Cameron for much of the year, stepped up next to give it a rip. After the two got into their coach, Cameron actually called Traylor to invite him to come back but Traylor had already gone home and took a pass.

However, what those players said paled in comparison to the soliloquy delivered by Pro Bowl LB Joey Porter. According to several players, Porter stood up, in front of the whole team, and absolutely lambasted the coach using such words as "spineless" and basically called the coach a coward.

"We were all talking about it after because none of us had ever seen anything like it," said one player who asked not to be identified. "He crushed Cam. He basically called him gutless, a coward for the way he handled Keith. He said, 'You only stood up on that plane at the end to look like you were doing something to management.'

"A head coach is supposed to stand up and take control with one yell. Cam basically said nothing."

Porter's rip, which included several barbs and curses, lasted a good three minutes or so.

"Joey was great but it was unbelievable," said another player. "But the best was at the end of it, after getting ripped into, cursed at and questioned all Cam said was, 'OK, glad we got that out, on to Cincinnati.' It was ridiculous. He never defended himself and it went on for a while."

The locker room applauded Porter for telling it like it is but shook their heads that Cameron just let it happen.

"Whoever wasn't lost by then, he lost the rest of us that day."
    Source

RageWizard
    RageWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!

I could tell from player interviews during the year, even though nobody said it, that they were not behind the coach and they were waiting to get out of the most dysfunctional team in the NFL today. Huzienga made his best move since he bought the team to get Parcels in there to start correcting the downward spiral. The tuna has cast his net and is throwing out all of the bad dolphins that he catches, just like Starkist.

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

This goes to show how stupid players really are... The members of a "SPINELESS" defense had the nerve to call someone spineless... Zach Thomas should have been cut this year because he can't cover a bed with a blanket and the rest of those yo-yo's can't put pressure on the QB even when they blitz! Jason Taylor is ok at best and he is losing it fast as well... He's been around too long...

I think Cameron did the right thing except what he should have done is outright "CUT" Thomas, Traylor (who really blows) and Taylor... Joey would know that he is on the "hot seat"...

I have coached on a lot of bad teams and when things go that bad "the wheels come off the cart".... "winning is a good deorderant"... Oh geez I sound like coach now talking in cliques... I promise you that even if they think he is spineless a 13-3 record and this would have never happened.. It's frustration shown by guys with lower IQ's then their win record!

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Could you imagine if they tried that with Parcells. You talk about a tongue lashing. That guy is tough and witty. But, I thin k the point is Parcells doesn't want someone they could do that to.

teazeman
    teazeman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rest assured this will not happen with parcells writing the checks, they may not win many games but they will compete at a higher level, and play as a team. I'd think bill would have had his ass thrown off the plane at 30k feet if he'd tried that shit with him.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

He is a top coordinator, needs to go back to X's and O's, Im not so sure about his motivation and discipline levels. . .

NEP Dynasty
    NEP Dynasty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Joey Porter is a bum.

JimmyG
    JimmyG's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    He is a top coordinator, needs to go back to X's and O's, Im not so sure about his motivation and discipline levels. . .
    Head coaching is not a cup of tea

He knows what his strengths are and hopefully he'll take advantage of it

Personally I would love to see him go to the Ravens

Redchevy
    Redchevy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5697

Porters either got a lot of balls or is really stupid, my money's on the later. Cameron guaranteed this "has been" 20M when no one else wanted anything to do with him. He plays like shit all year, not worth a 10th of what they paid him and he's calling this guy out in front of everyone?

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Yeah when you can't play anymore - blame the coach.
    1-15 isn't all a problem with coaching.

NEP Dynasty
    NEP Dynasty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by Redchevy View Post
    Porters either got a lot of balls or is really stupid, my money's on the later. Cameron guaranteed this "has been" 20M when no one else wanted anything to do with him. He plays like shit all year, not worth a 10th of what they paid him and he's calling this guy out in front of everyone?
    Right on.

stump
    stump's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

This was a terrible hire the day it happened. I don't remember hearing anyone say it was a good hire. He may be a good coordinator but not head coach material

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

cam never has had any business being a head coach in the nfl so this is hardly a shock

a lot of those players need to look in the mirror before calling people names