SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bill Belichick WINS Coach Of Year, Beats Out McCarthy

NEW YORK -- New England's undefeated season now includes yet another achievement: Bill Belichick is The Associated Press 2007 NFL Coach of the Year.

The first coach since Don Shula in 1972 to lead his team through a spotless regular season, Belichick won the award Thursday for the second time in five years. In 2003, the Patriots went 14-2 and won their final 12 games. This time, Belichick's team rampaged through the first part of the schedule, then won a handful of close games on their way to 16-0.

Source

SBR Lou

Guess there aren't too many BB fans here, I'll say that I think it was deserved. McCarthy certainly overachieved expectations but you can't not tip your hat and give total respect and admiration to going 16-0.

Way to go, Bill.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

McCarthy will get the last laugh when GB beats NE in the Super Bowl.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I rarely listen to Colin Cowherd, but that's what was on as I drove to the dentist, and he made a compelling case for Jeff Fisher. Going 10-6 with putrid quarterback play - he said VY has thrown twice as many INT as TD? Can that possibly be true? - in the best division in the NFL is truly impressive. I've liked Fisher for years, and he deserves more recognition (a la Jerry Sloan), but will never get it as long as he stays in what is a nationally irrelevant market.

DrunkenLullaby
    DrunkenLullaby's Avatar Become A Pro!

16-0.

End of discussion.

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    I've liked Fisher for years, and he deserves more recognition (a la Jerry Sloan), but will never get it as long as he stays in what is a nationally irrelevant market.
    How about Jack Del Rio too, fits the same profile. Jack made a controversial decision just 8 or 9 days before the season started to release Byron Leftwich and go with his backup for the 07 campaign. That takes balls, lot of people thought he was crazy, including myself. Garrard has thrown 18TD's vs only 3INT. Jaguars finished 2nd in AFC South at 11-5.

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

on one hand belickicks a no brainer
    on the other hand theres still that stupid cheating rap

the_orangekat
    the_orangekat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Well-deserved and this GB team won't even make the SB so there's no fear of McCarthy exacting his revenge in the big game.