SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Parcells Fires GM Mueller, Will Meet With Cameron

Gotta expect Cameron will be next..

DAVIE, Fla. -- Bill Parcells' shakeup of the Miami Dolphins began Monday with the firing of general manager Randy Mueller.

Assistant director of player personnel Mike Baugh and college scouting coordinator Rick Thompson also departed.

Also at risk of being fired was coach Cam Cameron, who said he would discuss his future with Parcells this week. On Sunday, the Dolphins became only the eighth team to finish 1-15.
    Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

mv09
    mv09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2630

Cameron deserves one more year..

You put Tony Dungy on the Dolphins and they win maybe 1 more game. They are that bad.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by mv09 View Post
    Cameron deserves one more year..

You put Tony Dungy on the Dolphins and they win maybe 1 more game. They are that bad.
    I agree he should get another year. The GM trades away Quinn in the draft when they're desperate for a QB, so they could sign an aging veteran. It's not the coach's fault. He had nothing to work with.

SBR Lou

Fair points, Cameron didn't walk in on the best situation. If I was Bill I'd find out how many guys believe in him either the players consensus or coaching staff. I read a report last night that said a lot of guys are unhappy with him internally, so that would need to be squashed.

nevadaside
    nevadaside's Avatar Become A Pro!

Clean house & set your own crew up....love to see people getting the AXE.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

Parcells might show mercy since he himself went 3-12-1 in his first season and was almost fired for Howard Schllenberger, but George Young convinced Wellington Mara to give him another year.

toastedbread01
    toastedbread01's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm hearing that Cameron is a gonner and will be let go in the next couple of days. Possibly tomorrow.

Redchevy
    Redchevy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5697

Quote Originally Posted by toastedbread01 View Post
    I'm hearing that Cameron is a gonner and will be let go in the next couple of days. Possibly tomorrow.
    I heard the same thing a little while ago, I think he's gone. I hear he's lost the locker room and I also think he's made way too many bad coaching decisions for a guy like Parcells to put up with.

Bluehorseshoe

Just curious....Who was the Dolphins "fill in" coach that got dumped when Saban came in?

He wasn't half bad.

toastedbread01
    toastedbread01's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jim Bates? I think he is the d-coordinator in Denver now. I thought he did an admirable job too and should have been a candidate when Saban was hired.

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    Just curious....Who was the Dolphins "fill in" coach that got dumped when Saban came in?
    Jim Bates.

Bluehorseshoe

I felt bad for him. That team was going to crap that year and he took over and made them respectable. He should get another shot somewhere.

Another reason to hate Saban.

SBR Lou

These guys with only college experience should not be assigned to be an NFL head coach off the bat. They should work their way up to that and prove they're capable of coaching men.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

If Cameron stayed in SD, he might have gotten the job when Marty was fired late.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I believe that Jimmy Johnson went 1-15 in his first year in Big D. I believe that turned out alright down the road.

I'm not saying that Cam Cameron is the next Jimmy Johnson, but I don't think one year is a fair trial of whether or not he can be a HC in the NFL.

Doc

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Cameron wasnt a good head coach in college, infact he was horrible, so there is little reason to think he will be any good in the pros... and this year proves it

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by nevadaside View Post
    Clean house & set your own crew up....love to see people getting the AXE.
    Given Parcells' track record as a HC, this seems like the most likely outcome. Cameron is basically interviewing for his own job right now. Picture him on his hands and knees as he assumes "the position". Parcells is the new sheriff in town now.

Here's my line.
    Cameron gets the axe: -200.
    Parcells hires Tony Sparano as the next HC: +100.

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

Cameron made some aweful coaching decisions all year. Think he gets the boot after meeting with the Tuna later today.

mv09
    mv09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2630

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPY BOY View Post
    Cameron made some aweful coaching decisions all year. Think he gets the boot after meeting with the Tuna later today.
    You cant exactly be conventional when your o-line sucks, your running backs are dropping like flies, your star WR gets traded, and your QB almost kills himself tackling.

You have to do some pretty wacky stuff at times an offense like that and an aging bad defense.

Doc JS

Quote Originally Posted by astro61200 View Post
    ... and this year proves it
    No it doesn't. The only thing this year proves is he inherited a terrible team that lost its QB to injury (concussion).

After Green's injury there was very little reason to think it was going to turn out any differently than it has.

teazeman
    teazeman's Avatar Become A Pro!

if he's lost the locker room that's a good indication some of the players are the ones that need to go, if for nothing other than rewarding his suffering he deserves another year.

anyone else think the players attitude changes with big bill signing the paychecks?

Doc JS

Quote Originally Posted by teazeman View Post
    anyone else think the players attitude changes with big bill signing the paychecks?
    Either their attitudes will change or their place of employement will change!

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

Cameron Fired today bye bye