bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Whats the latest on Marvin Harrison?

I read the reports saying that Dungy wants him to get some playing time, but the last I heard is that he was still listed as questionable.

"We would like for Marvin to be able to go and get some playing time in. That's our hope. We'll see if it materializes," coach Tony Dungy said earlier this week.
    Anyone know if he will or won't play this week?

I'm figuring if he plays they will leave Payton Manning in a bit longer than he should. If thats the case... Then I'd like to get down a little bit on the first half line.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    Anyone know if he will or won't play this week?
    This is just my opinion, not backed up by any one particular report. I think they will sit him still Bigboydan.

He is just now fully returning to practice, so why throw him into a real game to be hammered by a team fighting for a playoff spot, particularly when you've locked up the second seed and have additional time for him to rest?

Give him one more week off, then let him fully participate in practice some more when preparing with his teammates, they have expert trainers on staff, they'll make the proper decision whether to use him in a limited role as more of a decoy or if he can contribute all the way.

Leave teams guessing, If I was an opposing coach and saw all Harrison's rest time and how hush hush its been, I'd assume the guy is ready to play and I'd gameplan for him as normal. Having him further injure himself during the last week of the season, or having him be seriously limited allows me to better guesstimate what kind of assignments I will dictate for #88.
    Last edited by SBR Lou; 12-28-07 at 01:05 PM.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I've heard that Harrison will play against the Titans.

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dan,

He will play against Tennessee... I talked with a coach of the Colts today, as he came into my store and I sold him some golf clubs, and he told me that Marvin would play atleast as long as Peyton if not longer when Sorgi comes in... He told me that he looked good in practice and as long as no swelling occurs that he should be in the lineup!(John Clayton also just confirmed this on Sports Center a little while ago!)

I like the Colts to cover on Sunday night! I think we will have the lead @ halftime by 7-10 pts and then the 2nd stringers outta be able to keep it somewhat close!

SBR Lou

Indy first half is PK +105 at bookmaker.

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyl View Post
    I say that the Colts will have the lead @ halftime... I would take that bet!

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by crazyl View Post
    Works for me Crazyl

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton2MarvinN06 View Post
    I say that the Colts will have the lead @ halftime...
    I sure hope your right P2M

SBR Lou

I went ahead and put a unit down on it as well guys. I had waited a little bit but got on at Indy PK EV, I sure hope Dungy doesn't pull Manning after one nice drive. Being a division game at home on primetime, I'm hoping starters play the first half.

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

I heard today that Harrison is going to play and they may keep Manning in the game for three quarters to get these guys timing back. This is what I heard on NFL Network on sirius radio.

SBR Lou

Good info Tblues, I'd even be happy with two full quarters because I think the first half is the best bet in this one. I like listening to channel 124 too during the week, they've got some pretty good shows.