NFL 1st String
    NFL 1st String's Avatar Become A Pro!

Patriots - 1st Half

Wow . do i ever regret not taking Pats first half last week, especially since so many of the regulars were talking about it.

I couldn't get it at -13.5 so i skipped out.

Seems like it might be a great play this weekend, because it fits right into the coach's scheme. Plays the starters hard in the first half, build comfortable lead and possibly slow up in the second. However, we all know Patriots definition of taking it easy.

Any thoughts ? (line is not up yet on pinnacle)
    I figure somewhere around -7.5 for the half.

GL

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Patriots 1st half -9.5 is up at bookmaker

NFL 1st String
    NFL 1st String's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyl View Post
    Patriots 1st half -9.5 is up at bookmaker
    okay .. that's a little higher than i originally expected.

Do you like the bet ? Seems like different sources have the opposite view on how the Giants will handle this game (starters or not) .... will be interesting to see what happens?

You betting this one crazyl

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

This one could easily be 17-10 at the half, so I'm not biting on the first half bet. I had them last week covering an even bigger # for the first half, but that was a much different situation.

This game they'll be playing a lot differently. No sitting back to air it out, not against this pass rush. Moss will draw the big coverages, used mostly as a decoy, he'll get the ball if he beats somebody or in specific situations. The primary targets for Brady, I expect, will be Wes Welker and Donte Stallworth. They will end up with more receptions than Moss.

Giants will pull starters at some point in the third quarter in all likelihood, unless it's a 10pt game going into the 4th they'll probably play it out, I don't think they'll cover once it's all said and done though. Good luck to you whichever bet you end up taking, I jumped on NE Sunday night.