eglickman
    eglickman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Will Patriot starters play all four quarters?

The Patriots are after a perfect record, and Brady and Moss are trying to break some records in their final game. Hypothetically, if the game is out of reach for the Giants to win and Brady/Moss break their records, will Belichick rest his starters or keep them in for the rest of the game? I'm eyeing Patriots -14 but am not sure how the second half will play out. Would appreciate your thoughts.

OrionSky
    OrionSky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Last I heard, Giants were holding their starters, I still see Pats winning by two TDs even if Manning plays. Manning is chump change.

cartay
    cartay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

See previous seasons. In Belichick's reign, the starters have played at least 3 quarters in all finales where nothing was at stake. Now with 16-0 at stake, there's no reason why he would change that.

The Giants are playing coy, as the players are saying they want to go all out. I'd bet they play them all until halftime and see where they are. If within striking distance, they'll keep going, if not, you'll see key guys (e.g. Plaxico) sit.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Giants will rest players before the Pats do. Pats will keep the peddle to the metal until they are up by at least 4 scores, and may still not let up until every record is broken. Bet the Pats and lay the points.