SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Will Tavaris Jackson Lay Another Egg This Week?

I know there are so many factors that end up deciding football games, but to me nothing is bigger than the performance of this guy.

On one hand, I really don't expect him to have a third terrible performance in a row, but on the other if he hasn't been making better decisions with the ball the last two games throwing 1TD versus 5INT what makes you believe he will versus the outstanding corners in Dre Bly and Champ Bailey?

Then there of course is the not so outstanding rush defense of the Denver Broncos, no stats required we all know they just suck. Like really really suck. And this bodes well for the Peterson / Taylor combination. If T. Jack can quit throwing off his backfoot and just be smarter with the ball, they may cruise to a victory over a team playing only for pride. These guys are still in the hunt for the playoffs.

I want to one last time on Minnesota, firing third bullet in a row on them and taking the -3 guys. Thoughts?
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 03-27-15 at 10:29 AM. Reason: image does not exist

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Have you seen Denver’s running defense lately? TJ doesn’t have to pass the ball with the game temperature being in the 20’s against the worst running defense. AP will have a huge game running the ball. Minnesota crushed Chargers and Broncos will be a cup cake for them.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

Yes, I like Denver at home plus the points. If Minnesota was home, I would not touch Denver. But the Broncos have played OK at home this year and with the coach safe, some players might be playing for jobs next season.

joeygats
    joeygats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 526

i love the vikes they will roll

Tus
    Tus's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am a Viking fan but I don't like their running game. If you can not throw you can not win.
    A good example to a winning game would be the New England Patriots and Indianapolis Colts.

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by Tus View Post
    I am a Viking fan but I don't like their running game. If you can not throw you can not win.
    A good example to a winning game would be the New England Patriots and Indianapolis Colts.

Being balanced offensively is one thing, and it's good to have a QB to rely on that won't give games away, but they have one of the best running back combos in the league.

The only combination I'd maybe gun to my head prefer is Fred Taylor and Maurice Jones Drew, other than that Minnesota has a completely dominant running game. And they're going against a terrible rush defense here. This reminds me of when they went up against Oakland's awful rush D without Adrian Peterson and still carved them up for a total of 228yds on the ground.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Vikings should run the ball 50 times in this game.

Vikings #1 run off vs Den #30 run def. Like the Vikings a lot in this one GL.

mofome
    mofome's Avatar Become A Pro!

jackson has the best QB coach in the league, he'll be fine.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Denver will need to put 10 in the box. Vikings still will run all over them. Jackson won't need to attempt a pass, except to keep up the appearance of a passing game.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

Led a nice comeback, but you have to protect the ball in OT. Minnesota, like a lot of teams, will be shopping for a QB.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I still don't see what others are seeing in Jackson. His pocket presence and accuracy are really really bad. Then again, Minne's wide out core is horrible.... So it's really hard to say 100%. I think he's pretty over-rated, even though he's only rated as 'bleh' hehe.

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

kind of surprised peterson only got 36 yards vs denver (even with 8 in the box)

maybe he is not 100% back from the knee injury

SBR Lou

Jackson would have thrown a third TD had his WR not dropped a sure TD that hit him right in his hands, he was like 10yds past the defenders.

Then there's also Chester Taylor fumbling at the goal line. Vikes had a lot of miscues in this one and then rallied at the end scoring 16 in the 4th Q. I don't know why they fell asleep in this one.