SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Patriots -14 Vs Giants

Thoughts on this one guys?

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

New York will rest alot of key starters, but I still like them +14.5

Destroyer
    Destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!

The G-men play horrible at home. I think a tease may be in order since there are too many unknown variables such as the possibility of resting starters and Eli's inconsistent performance.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

I know, I'm rolling the dice though.

I know there are things that may develop that could possibly alter my initial reaction, but my gut instinct is that they'll put the Giants away by around 17 or 18... So I am not waiting.

Giants have no bye to rest before the playoffs, whereas the Patriots are the 1st seed and get one. Giants probably would love the confidence knocking off an undefeated NE team would bring, but I don't think that's their ultimate goal, while we most certainly know New Englands ultimate goal is to finish out the season strong. They were in full pads Wed-Thur-Fri to avoid a letdown against Miami, and now have one game left on their plate. They're knocking it out of the park and putting the chatter to rest, Brady will be more polished instead of trying to launch it every pass, they'll be more methodical and play closer to 3 quarters instead of a mere 2 like this week. But those 3 hard fought quarters will be enough.

Bottom line is a New England let down would come by getting knocked out of the playoffs, not by slipping up against the New York Giants. I even expect the Giants to take the lead by 3 points early but Patriots will end up around 17 points better.

Destroyer
    Destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!

If I were to bet on this game, I'd likely go with the Patriots because the Patriots are the better team. No doubt about this conclusion. However, my apprehension is whether the Patriots will have the motivation level to destroy the G-men and cover the spread.

At the risk of injury to the Patriots starters, I'm not certain if the Patriots will show up with 100% effort. I realistically don't think the Patriots care whether they go undefeated in the regular season. I think the task master, Bill Belichick, is more focused on winning the Super Bowl and the final game in week 17 against the G-men may very well be a meaningless game in the minds of the Patriots and Bill Belichick.

For now, I'm taking a pass on this game and if I do decide to play this game later in the week, I'll be more inclined to tease the spread, rather than, taking the game straight up. Good luck!!

hanco21
    The Lord of No Rings..AJ Smith Egomaniac
    hanco21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2107

Brady will find a way to keep it under the spread.