mgcolby
    mgcolby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

Quote Originally Posted by rjt721 View Post
    I don't care about what the numbers say... the Patriots' defense is extremely vulnerable, and Colvin's absence is a huge loss. We know the run defense is shaky, but the secondary is also suspect. Samuel's not a Pro Bowl caliber corner, Hobbs has been terrible, Gay's an ordinary nickel back, and Harrison hasn't been worth a Shit in coverage for five years. Jennings is a top 10 WR, and other than Moss the best deep threat in the game. Driver is one of the best possession receivers in the league. GB's offense is nearly as potent as NE's offense, while their defense is significantly better than the Pats'. The Packers can win a shootout-style game, or they can control the ball with the running game, dominating time of possession and keeping Brady & co. off the field.
    Yet they have the 5th ranked pass defense.

After playing 6 of the top 15 passing offenses:

Dallas - 4th
    Indy - 5th
    Cincy - 7th
    Cleveland - 11th
    Philly - 12th
    Washington - 14th

mgcolby

There is no way a one dimensional offense is going to beat the Pats in the Playoffs. They will put 8 up in the box contain the run and force Gerrard to beat them through the air. The Jaguars are a reincarnation of the 2004 Steelers. Solid defense, great running game and a QB that doesn't have to win with his arm.

Jacksonville is to inexperienced in the playoffs. San Diego has the mental maturity of a 10 year old. Not to mention Belichick vs Turner. Pittsburgh doesn't have what it takes especially without Parker. The Colts are the only team with a legitimate shot at beating the Pats in the playoffs.

And as another poster pointed out a healthy Jags team couldn't beat Indy.
    Last edited by mgcolby; 12-28-07 at 02:24 PM.

outdrawed
    outdrawed's Avatar Become A Pro!

**, you underrate garrard. The guy is very good, and not just in the "he manages the game well" way.

mgcolby

Quote Originally Posted by outdrawed View Post
    **, you underrate garrard. The guy is very good, and not just in the "he manages the game well" way.
    Maybe, but I honestly don't think so. I liken him to Big Ben of 2004, a good QB with a little experience, that doesn't make costly mistakes with his 20-25 attempts per game and is sheltered by an excellent running game. They have opened him up some in December and his completion percentage dropped significantly, but no one has been able to slow the run game down.

Its not a knock on him. I just don't believe he would be able to take a game over and win it with his arm against an experienced defense. Especially when he needs his offense to outscore, say Manning's or Brady's. The only way the Jags will be able to win against the Patriots or the Colts, is if their defense causes at least 3 turnovers and their offense runs for a 150 or better, IMO.

outdrawed

Yeah, his completion percentage did drop a bit, but the INTs are still few and far between. He's like a more talented Jeff Garcia. He only averages around 7.0 ypa, which isn't great, but give me a guy who averages 7.0 ypa and less than 1 INT per 100 pass attempts over a guy who averages 8.0 and around 3 INTs per 100 pass attempts. I'm not saying he's in Brady, Manning, Romo, Brees caliber yet, but I think he's in the next tier.

mgcolby

Yeah, his completion percentage did drop a bit, but the INTs are still few and far between. He's like a more talented Jeff Garcia. He only averages around 7.0 ypa, which isn't great, but give me a guy who averages 7.0 ypa and less than 1 INT per 100 pass attempts over a guy who averages 8.0 and around 3 INTs per 100 pass attempts. I'm not saying he's in Brady, Manning, Romo, Brees caliber yet, but I think he's in the next tier.

I agree completely.

outdrawed

As for whether or not he can beat the Pats...well, the Ravens almost did it with Kyle Boller, and the Eagles almost did it with AJ Feeley, so I think he's capable of it.

mgcolby

As for whether or not he can beat the Pats...well, the Ravens almost did it with Kyle Boller, and the Eagles almost did it with AJ Feeley, so I think he's capable of it.
    Yeah but its a little different when you have nothing to lose, i.e. your season is over. I realize the Eagles were still technically fighting for the playoffs as a team, but AJ knew he was only keeping the seat warm for McNabb. It is another issue in the playoffs when it is win or go home and the game starts to tighten up on you.

Again, I'm not saying he isn't capable, but their is no history to go on with him personally. And the Jags history vs the Patriots certainly doesn't point to a victory. And if you take it even further and look at the Pats history against strong running teams with inexperienced QB's in the playoffs, makes it even harder to support the belief that the Jags would be able to pull it off.

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    NFC

New York G @ Tampa Bay . . . Giants 20 Buccs 16
    Washington @ Seattle . . . . . Skins 24 Hawks 17

New York G @ Dallas . . . . . . Cowboys 31 Giants 21
    Washington @ Green Bay . . . Packers 27 Skins 14

Green Bay @ Dallas . . . . . . . Cowboys 30 Packers 24

AFC

Jacksonville @ Pittsburgh . . . Jags 28 Steelers 16
    Tennessee @ San Diego . . . . Chargers 34 Titans 20

Jacksonville @ New England . Pats 27 Jags 24
    San Diego @ Indianapolis . . . Colts 28 Chargers 24

Indianapolis @ New England . Colts 31 Pats 30

Dallas Cowboys vs Indianapolis Colts . . . . Colts 28 Cowboys 25. . .
    I like where your head's at on this one LKid! We think much of the same way for these playoffs! Honestly, I think the Jags will either beat the Pats or wear them down enough for the Ponies to take them out the next week! I see a C's SuperBowl 42 as well bud! Colts by 10 over the Boys in the Bowl!

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

It's very tough to beat a team like the colts twice. Tony Dungy will have his team motivated and Peyton Manning , well we all know he will be ready. The Playoffs are not going to be as easy for the pats as everyone seems to think. Motivation is key to winning in the NFL, and everyone comes to play in the postseason. The AFC is very tough , Their is plenty of talent on San Diego and Jacksonville to make a run this year also. The colts had the pats beat in round 1 in indy, and they have the confidence level (unlike any other team) that truly believes they can play with those guys.

San Diego - Will come down to Phillip Rivers not taking care of the ball.

Jacksonville - Steelers will be a tough enough task to beat in round one, then to go through the rest of the AFC is too much to ask at this point.

Pittsburgh - Losing Willie Parker really limits their chances

Tennesse - Too Young ( no pun intended)

Cleveland - Can't continue to outscore everyone , Their defense is not ready. Not likely to make the post season anyway.

New England - This team expects to go to the Super Bowl, and It seems to much of a sure thing to me. Their is a reason why only one team has ever gone undefeated throughout, and I'm going to side with history on this one. In sports when the public already has the teams name on the championship trophy , beware.

Indianapolis - This team has been forgotten about all year long. They are the defending Champs, and they just getting brushed aside for the Pats. Seems prime for the upset here.

New York G - Eli is too inconsistent to make a run this postseason.

Tampa Bay - Great Coaching job done this season with this average team, however they are just outmatched physically to make a push at this point.

Seattle - So over rated! They have one win all season long against a team with a winning record (Tampa in Week 1). They have solid players, but i see this team at best winning one game.

Washington - This team is playing inspired ball right now and poised to make a run. Watch out for an upset or two from Joe Gibbs this year.

Minnesota - T Jackson is improving but not ready yet. Next year they will win their division (Yeah i said it first). Not likely to make the playoffs anyway.

Packers - Would love to see Farve win the super bowl, but It's going to take a lot to do so. Everytime i thought this team was ready for a letdown, they proved me wrong. Won't count this team out, but don't see them going into texas stadium and leaving with a win.

Cowboys - The class of the NFC, they are so explosive on Offense and the only team that can prevent a super bowl appearence is themselves. They are deep at almost every position and I expect a super bowl run this year.

greek
    greek's Avatar Become A Pro!

ive been sayint it all season ----- the only team iam afraid will beat brady is daddy favre ----------favre didnot retire until he breaks records and gets the james brown lifetime achievement award[ no matter if micheal jackson or beyonce is a canidate j. brown wins until hes done playin ,he wins] steelers only won super bowl because their owner is old and aint never won after all his support all those years ---- i hope brady wins ,this year and favre wins sb next year then retires , i would really like to see brady go all the way !!!!!!!!!

First 12