SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jags Snubbed From Pro Bowl

Not one Jaguar selected for Pro Bowl...

Fred Taylor has still never made one in his career!! That's sick. Guy is averaging 5.1ypc, over 1,000yds, and that's with sharing the load with Maurice Jones Drew (who has 724yds and 11td). Guy bulldozed 147yds against the Steelers defense, he's a tough ass runner.

Not bitching about Willie Parker getting in, but Joseph Addai? How easy of a job does he have? Nobody ever stuffs the box on Indy, and still the guy is averaging a yard less than Taylor per carry....sure he's got more TD's, but that's because he isn't part of a 2back combo like Taylor is.

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Driver over Colston was ludicrous for NFC WR.

Colston: 87-1,092-9
    Driver: 78-1,016-2

And yes, Taylor getting snubbed sucked as well.

SBR Lou

That ones worse, what a joke..

If they were gonna snub Colston, I'd prefer they take Greg Jennings from GB instead. Guy has 12 TD's, 876 yds, Colston should have went though.

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyl View Post
    That ones worse, what a joke..

If they were gonna snub Colston, I'd prefer they take Greg Jennings from GB instead. Guy has 12 TD's, 876 yds, Colston should have went though.

I also agree that Jennings was more deserving than Driver. I had a sinking feeling that Favre would get a WR in (just based on the "magical season" angle around GB), but Driver has been mediocre at best. Jennings has made the big catches for them. I'm sure the fact that Brees attempted roughly 960 passes this season was used as an excuse to leave Colston out, but that dude has been a beast lately (and with a bad back for much of the season).

At least Colston will get in eventually. As you stated in the Fragile Freddy argument, that guy had a monster season sharing time, and as a veteran (who has been snubbed before) he should have gotten in. With just a slightly larger load, he either would be leading the NFL in rushing yardage or he would have torn a groin. There was no in-between.

The thing that kills me is the inconsistency here. Again, you made a good point about Addai: HE RUNS FOR THE COLTS!!! THERE ARE NEVER STACKED BOXES!!!

Meanwhile, Freddy T. has racked up 617 rushing yards since week 10 (more than anyone except LT), has averaged 5.1 ypc for the season, and all for a team that features Reggie Williams, Dennis Northcutt, and Matt Jones as WR's...

It happens every year, but those two snubs this year just kill me. The Colston one was more egregious from a pure statistical standpoint, but the Taylor one pulls at my heartstrings. He currently ranks 4th in the AFC in rushing yards (ahead of Addai), and does anyone else remember Kenton Keith taking over for Addai earlier this season and shredding Tampa Bay to the tune of 28-121-2 (with 5 catches for 37 yards added on for good measure)? I'm not saying any back can produce in that system, but the system certainly doesn't hurt.

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

why does anybody care, is anyone going to watch this game, i'm not

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by MJFtheGenius View Post
    why does anybody care, is anyone going to watch this game, i'm not
    For once in my life, I agree with MJF.

The pro bowl is a joke. I actually hope my favorite players don't play in the meaningless game. An injury of any kind in the Pro Bowl would be a ridiculous tragedy.

As for who did/didn't get the honor, you gotta blame the democratic process used to elect the pro bowlers. It's like a political campaign. Whoever gets the most publicity is going to get extra leverage. Whatever happens on the field barely matters. Ask Ken Hamlin, he's barely an NFL starter, much less a pro bowler starter.

I agree that Addai probably should go after Taylor this year. But how about Marion Barber making it in the NFC? Blame the democratic voting process.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

****TIP****. . . Look for added motivation on this jags team this week. J Del Rio will use this to fire this team up, and the scary thing is they know how good they are. They are at home too, wow watch out Oakland!

MJFtheGenius

Not one Jaguar selected for Pro Bowl...

Fred Taylor has still never made one in his career!! That's sick. Guy is averaging 5.1ypc, over 1,000yds, and that's with sharing the load with Maurice Jones Drew (who has 724yds and 11td). Guy bulldozed 147yds against the Steelers defense, he's a tough ass runner.

Not bitching about Willie Parker getting in, but Joseph Addai? How easy of a job does he have? Nobody ever stuffs the box on Indy, and still the guy is averaging a yard less than Taylor per carry....sure he's got more TD's, but that's because he isn't part of a 2back combo like Taylor is.

Is your name marc schrelth of ESPN, he said the same thing. Who would you take out of the probowl then? LT-no, addai-no,parker no, no rom for him, too bad better luck next year

MJFtheGenius

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    For once in my life, I agree with MJF.
    The pro bowl is a joke. I actually hope my favorite players don't play in the meaningless game. An injury of any kind in the Pro Bowl would be a ridiculous tragedy.

As for who did/didn't get the honor, you gotta blame the democratic process used to elect the pro bowlers. It's like a political campaign. Whoever gets the most publicity is going to get extra leverage. Whatever happens on the field barely matters. Ask Ken Hamlin, he's barely an NFL starter, much less a pro bowler starter.

I agree that Addai probably should go after Taylor this year. But how about Marion Barber making it in the NFC? Blame the democratic voting process.

ahhh you can go eat a bag

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by MJFtheGenius View Post
    Is your name marc schrelth of ESPN, he said the same thing. Who would you take out of the probowl then? LT-no, addai-no,parker no, no rom for him, too bad better luck next year
    I'm glad it's obvious to others how outrageous this is, though I'm not sure why it is not obvious to you.

Addai's numbers are inflated, defenses are never stuffing boxes against the Colts! He may be a talented athlete, but let's face it, you don't exactly have to be Barry Sanders to put up numbers in his situation. And still, he has a whole yd less per carry than Taylor!

Taylor is the heart and soul of Jacksonville's offense. He allows Maurice Jones Drew to be successful, he allows David Garrard to be successful, they don't exactly have Wayne/Clark/Harrison on their roster either. When you've got a running back knocking defenders over and running wild, it's easier to bite on play actions. He's put up over 1000 rushing yards, and that's with splitting carries and his teammate rushing for 724 yards!!!

Taylor never being selected for a pro bowl in his career is a disgrace.

paul Mordeeb
    paul Mordeeb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

in related news...the Lions sent 52 players to the special olympics!

MJFtheGenius

I'm glad it's obvious to others how outrageous this is, though I'm not sure why it is not obvious to you.

Addai's numbers are inflated, defenses are never stuffing boxes against the Colts! He may be a talented athlete, but let's face it, you don't exactly have to be Barry Sanders to put up numbers in his situation. And still, he has a whole yd less per carry than Taylor!

Taylor is the heart and soul of Jacksonville's offense. He allows Maurice Jones Drew to be successful, he allows David Garrard to be successful, they don't exactly have Wayne/Clark/Harrison on their roster either. When you've got a running back knocking defenders over and running wild, it's easier to bite on play actions. He's put up over 1000 rushing yards, and that's with splitting carries and his teammate rushing for 724 yards!!!

Taylor never being selected for a pro bowl in his career is a disgrace.
    That is all well and good but Addai has 7 more TD's, ZERO fumbles compared to 2 by taylor. Also Addai plays on the better team, Addai carries the load on his team unlike Taylor who has one of the better backup running backs in the league.

MJFtheGenius

....and if you al want to know the reason why Fred taylor has never made the pro bowl it is because he gets hurt all the time, his nickname ain't fragile fred for nothing.

RageWizard
    RageWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    ****TIP****. . . Look for added motivation on this jags team this week. J Del Rio will use this to fire this team up, and the scary thing is they know how good they are. They are at home too, wow watch out Oakland!
    I agree, I was already liking the Jags against an Oakland team flying arcross the country and having a not so good run defense. I know that Indy barely beat the raiders last week, but that's how indy rolls. Jags on the other hand like to pound you in the fourth quarter with the run and score touchdowns to finish the game. I think this is a 28 point difference a the end of the game.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I'm really not shocked about the Jags' snubs. Fred Taylor IS deserving this season - however, their style does not create 'superstars', so it's not shocking. If anything, I think it's the ultimate respect of a team with their record. They are just that - A team.

I think the other RBs in the AFC were all deserving - Addai would be the 'bubble' guy due to his age - but he's developed into a solid back in the NFL and has had a great year.

I've always wanted to roll around in a Freddy T jersey - he has been a treat to watch his whole career when he stays on the field - and he HAS stayed on the field great the past 3 of the past 4 seasons or thereabouts. He's one of the headiest runners I've ever seen with incredible moves/agility to break tackles.