Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone else gonna lay the wood with the Jags?

Unless anyone thinks this line will get better by gametime, I'm laying the wood with the Jags right now for a couple units... I don't like laying double digits, but the Jags HAVE TO KEEP WINNING! This team is probably playing the best all around football out of any team right now! They hadn't played a game before yesterday UNDER 62 DEGREES all season! They went to Pittsburgh and were completely unaffected!

The Raiders may go with the JaMarucs Russell experiment for the whole game this Sunday! He was very ineffective in his 2 series yesterday against the Colts, but I think they need to get him in there and get him snaps... The Jags won't let off the gas pedal in this one Sunday... Fred Taylor and Jones-Drew should have a field day on the Raiders 31st ranked run defense! I think Jacksonville wins by 20+ on Sunday!

Anyone else with me?

reznor
    reznor's Avatar Become A Pro!

im with ya peyton...u seen a line yet?

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Quote Originally Posted by reznor View Post
    im with ya peyton...u seen a line yet?
    -12.5/-13

OrionSky
    OrionSky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I really like the Jags myself. Had a ML and a spread play with them and Steelers.

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

I like oakland, jags coming off a really good win an emotional one with that, Jags win 24-17

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Think about it this way...

Say Jags get a nice lead.. what are they going to do? Keep it 'conservative' and run, right? That's what we want! Oakland's rush defense is awful... Jaguars running into them will only help them cover.

I'm seriously considering firing here, more concerned about Oakland getting a lucky backdoor than Jags running into big problems scoring... I firmly believe the Jaguars could win this game on the ground all day, with maybe 2-3 play actions thrown in there.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Jags all the way. Is there a hotter team in the NFL right now? (Maybe San Diego.)

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I can't do it.. Too many points but GL bro.

KCRams
    KCRams's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jags are rollin'

But I'm not sure about 13pts after a hard played matchup vs Pittsburgh on the road...I have to do some thinking on that. The TOTAL on the past few Jags games have been lower than I expected including week 16 which is set at 38 right now. I believe as of late they are scoring around 30ppg. So that might be the way to go.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

This is the Best Bet of the week by far. Jags roll big in this one. They are playing to clinch a playoff spot, along with being angry having zero players make the Pro Bowl. Oakland has packed it in, and they will just be out their experimenting for next season. This will result in some mistakes. The Jags are also at home, and this team is very dangerous. Lay anything under 14 and lets cash this one.

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

Them west coast teams have problems when the travel to the east coast to play noon games, so I am for sure on Jacksonville in this game that is for sure. I think they are playing very well also and they want to shore up a good spot in the playoffs and they could easily win their first game without a doubt.

Peyton2MarvinN06

Thanks for the input on this game guys! Like I said before, I hate laying this many points, but there is no way I could play the Raiders side in this game... I'm sure JaMarcus will get some more snaps...

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE STATUS OF JUSTIN FARGAS? I know that he banged up his knee in the Colts game and he was saying it was an MCL and surely he has to be out doesn't he? I can't find an injury report with him on it! If anyone could be of assistance in this one I would appreciate it! Thanks!

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton2MarvinN06 View Post
    Unless anyone thinks this line will get better by gametime, I'm laying the wood with the Jags right now for a couple units... I don't like laying double digits, but the Jags HAVE TO KEEP WINNING! This team is probably playing the best all around football out of any team right now! They hadn't played a game before yesterday UNDER 62 DEGREES all season! They went to Pittsburgh and were completely unaffected!

The Raiders may go with the JaMarucs Russell experiment for the whole game this Sunday! He was very ineffective in his 2 series yesterday against the Colts, but I think they need to get him in there and get him snaps... The Jags won't let off the gas pedal in this one Sunday... Fred Taylor and Jones-Drew should have a field day on the Raiders 31st ranked run defense! I think Jacksonville wins by 20+ on Sunday!

Anyone else with me?

No offense but this is yet another typical public view here. It's too easy for a backdoor cover here with Oakland. Plus, Oakland is improving. That's too many points IMO. I just look for the Jags to be conservative. I expect them to win but not cover. They are not the typical blowout team. They just came off an emotional victory and will likely be just trying to "get by" this week while the playoffs loom. I'd say stay away or take the points.

KCRams
    KCRams's Avatar Become A Pro!

Justin Fargas

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton2MarvinN06 View Post
    Thanks for the input on this game guys! Like I said before, I hate laying this many points, but there is no way I could play the Raiders side in this game... I'm sure JaMarcus will get some more snaps...

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE STATUS OF JUSTIN FARGAS? I know that he banged up his knee in the Colts game and he was saying it was an MCL and surely he has to be out doesn't he? I can't find an injury report with him on it! If anyone could be of assistance in this one I would appreciate it! Thanks!

I believe that Fargas is out the last 2 games of the season. I saw it on NBC Sports Challenge ay NBC.com

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

The Jags are a mystery, sort of. Injuries year in/year out seem to do them in. They have had good runs (2 yrs ago -and a nice loss in their first playoff game to NE) and last year they finished 0-3.

From what I've seen from them, despite some major injuries, this season, is that they have that 'something' they need. I think they're a bigger threat than people think and they battle hard. Also, last weeks' game went as I thought. Pitts has been over-valued all year. However, to go on the road, into a tough place to play and put up a W on a solid team says this team is hungry.

I can see a slight let down this week, though. It's more of a bet against the Raiders than a bet for the Jags to ride the Jags this week. I smell a tiny letdown.

morrow
    morrow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Any other situation I would say that the Jags just cam off a huge game and stay away. But here they must win to stay in the playoff hunt, they are at home, and against a horrible run D. Going Jags.

Morrow

SBR Lou

Chickened out on this one, hope it cashes for you P2M.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Awesome job P2M.. Easy no sweat winna

You the man

SBR Lou

Way to go P2M, you nailed this one, I should have just taken it early in the week like you instead of chickening out..

nevadaside
    nevadaside's Avatar Become A Pro!

GREAT CALL my friend.....good thing you didn't pay attention to some these replies.

Roll On!

Peyton2MarvinN06

Thanks guys! Appreciate the good words! Jacksonville is a team on a misson I'm tellin you what! I hope some other people tailed this play because this one was never in doubt! Thanks Jags! They have been great ATS this season for me!