djeffectz
    djeffectz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Let's start the Viking/Bears discussing here..

Have the Bears packed it in and called it a season?
    Will they play for pride and revenge?..

Bears +10.5

Gawdfather
    Gawdfather's Avatar Become A Pro!

Minnesota's been killing people, Chicago has 3rd stringer, Kyle Orton starting at QB, FWIW.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

At first glance I initialy loved the Bears here, but I do not think they will stop Peterson. In their last meeting AP ran for well over 200 yards. Also as mentioned above you have the Orton factor. Look for alot of short passes. That along with the Bears weak running game spells a Vikings blowout.

jtnguyen79
    jtnguyen79's Avatar Become A Pro!

didnt get to post anything on Sunday but I'm with you Illusion...

loving the Vikings here

also AP after a sorry outing he's like a super super star the next game and last game with San Fran he stunk it up for my fantasy team so I expect HUGE numbers

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8317

taking the viks big !!!!!!!!!!!

ChuteBoxe
    27+1 = 2011
    ChuteBoxe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

I like AP, the Vikes run defense, and Kyle Orton as the opposing teams quarterback. Took -10 @ -116 on MatchBook for 6 units.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I don't know how anyone can take the Bears.

area51steve
    area51steve's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the bears +10.5 points. I still think the vikings are a fraud and 10.5 points might be too much for them to cover..

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Vikings are going to blow Chicago out of the water... Hester is the only way I can see the Bears scoring

Minnesota has the #1 rush defense, the Bear's Peterson won't be able to do anything on the ground, which will mean Orton has to beat them with his arm... Orton was not good at all in 2005 when he had to start for most of the season (QB rating under 60, 4 more INTs than TDs in 15 games), now he has went over a full year without seeing game action (almost 2 full years) and he will be counted on to keep the Bears in this against a team that leads the NFL in pick 6's, and has been playing very solid pass defense lately

On the other side you have Peterson and Taylor rushing the ball against a VERY overrated Bears defense (29th in the NFL in total yards allowed, 25th in rushing, 26th in passing)... Peterson ran for 224 in their first meeting (34-31 Vikings win in Chicago), the Vikings ran for 311 as a team on only 43 carries (7.2 YPC)

If the Bears cant beat the Vikings at home, with their best QB, how are they going to win in Minnesota when the Vikings are playing very good football (outscored their opponents 139-57 in last 4 games)? They aren't, Vikings roll

EGGY6199
    EGGY6199's Avatar Become A Pro!

okay this has changed my bet. I did like the bears but know this is a must play Vickings play.... Good points guy I like it when people do good write ups as I can decide whether the points of valid. No way the bears score more than 14.

Was liking the under here aswell.

jtnguyen79
    jtnguyen79's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bears can only score 14 pts if Hester does it or someone on the defense side but it's not going to happen....man even with Rex Grossman or Greise I would still go with the Vikings

the Bears have the second-worst rushing offense in the league (82.0 ypg). Chicago rushed for 83 yards on 24 attempts against Minnesota in October.

The Vikings have the top-ranked run defense in the league (70.7 ypg), and have allowed an average of just 47.6 yards on the ground in their last five home games.

The real Adrian Peterson and CHester Taylor is going to have a field day with Chicago.

Like above I dont see how anyone can go for Chicago here....if they win it must be an early xmas gift but no way in hell can they win so save your ml bet

vikings all the way big time at -10.5

KCRams
    KCRams's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great stats, Astro61200...

Quote Originally Posted by astro61200 View Post
    Vikings are going to blow Chicago out of the water... Hester is the only way I can see the Bears scoring

Minnesota has the #1 rush defense, the Bear's Peterson won't be able to do anything on the ground, which will mean Orton has to beat them with his arm... Orton was not good at all in 2005 when he had to start for most of the season (QB rating under 60, 4 more INTs than TDs in 15 games), now he has went over a full year without seeing game action (almost 2 full years) and he will be counted on to keep the Bears in this against a team that leads the NFL in pick 6's, and has been playing very solid pass defense lately

On the other side you have Peterson and Taylor rushing the ball against a VERY overrated Bears defense (29th in the NFL in total yards allowed, 25th in rushing, 26th in passing)... Peterson ran for 224 in their first meeting (34-31 Vikings win in Chicago), the Vikings ran for 311 as a team on only 43 carries (7.2 YPC)

If the Bears cant beat the Vikings at home, with their best QB, how are they going to win in Minnesota when the Vikings are playing very good football (outscored their opponents 139-57 in last 4 games)? They aren't, Vikings roll
    I agree with you...I did post in another thread about the OVER 43(Bodog) being the best bet and I stand by it but I want to include a team prop play as an option of MIN scoring over 26.5pts(-115). Interesting that you use the last four games as a reference as I will here as well. The Vikes are scoring almost 35ppg with 27pts being the least that they have scored in those four games...and the Bears are giving up 27. Also the last meeting sailed over the TOTAL...just thought I would throw that out there...

regularguy
    regularguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Vikings are on a roll, have the fans excited, and are in position to get a wildcard and go into the playoffs with some momentum. The Bears are booking January golf vacations.

I think the only thing the Bears will have going for them will be Kyle Orton's desire to prove himself. That will not be enough. He'll probably have some good moments, but will probably be picked off once or twice.

The Vikings' offense will move the ball efficiently, and will dominate time of possession. I see them with a pretty decent lead by the end of the first half, and then a bet on them will look pretty good.

(By the way, good seeing you in the NFL forum Astro. Excellent post here.)

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9590

This game is big statement on Lovie Smith, to see if his team quits. I think the Bears can be competitive here.

outdrawed
    outdrawed's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    I don't know how anyone can take the Bears.
    Because I'm being given 11 points. That's how.

outdrawed
    outdrawed's Avatar Become A Pro!

BTW, it's really cute to see people late for the "this team is real good train." Minnesota has been undervalued all year, getting great lines, and now that Vegas has adjusted (over-adjusted?), everybody is on them. I love it.

Same with Bears, only in the opposite direction.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by outdrawed View Post
    BTW, it's really cute to see people late for the "this team is real good train." Minnesota has been undervalued all year, getting great lines, and now that Vegas has adjusted (over-adjusted?), everybody is on them. I love it.

This may be the most intelligent post in this whole thread. I agree that the Vilkings have been underrated for most of the year, and now that everyone had started to notice them, they have become a tad overrated.

area51steve
    area51steve's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by outdrawed View Post

Yes.. Good Point.. People forget about how bad this same vikings team played earlier this year. Now that their on a roll everyone and their mom likes the vikings tonight.

A good friend of mine is a HUGE vikings fan and even he told me if he was betting he would take the bears plus the points. And he knows his vikings..

nevillehater
    nevillehater's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks area51steve and outdrawed, I just vomited in my mouth* after reading your posts (after taking the Vikes - the points). Thanks for making my Monday night seem about 10 times more foreboding.
    * unlike the Sports Guy, I actually did
    Last edited by nevillehater; 12-17-07 at 05:25 PM. Reason: shouldn't post after drinking

reznor
    reznor's Avatar Become A Pro!

and the cowboys will roll over the eagles as 11 point faves at home because they whooped the eagles in Philly last time. This is why the books keep taking our money. If this is all there is to capping then we'd all be rich. This is a division game. One that is usually closely played. The Vikings have a poor pass defense (ranked 30th at home). Now that ranking is skewed because You cant run on Minnie in the dome but Chicago passes better on the road and plays better run defense on the road. I think the line is inflated just a tad and we could easily see a backdoor cover. I like Chicago and the over in this one. I think Chicago can put up 20 easily in this game. Wouldnt be surprised to see a straight up win by da bears.

jayz00
    jayz00's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree that the only place to look in the spread is the bears.... but do i trust them to do it 6 out of 10 times with my money, Against a red hot team thats playing at home "NÖ" pass

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

The way I would play a Bears bet is live. Wait until ten minutes into the game to see if they can take the crowd out of the game. If the score is acceptable at that time, take the Bears. Then, if bet can still go both ways, get out ten minutes before the end of the game.

jayz00
    jayz00's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    The way I would play a Bears bet is live. Wait until ten minutes into the game to see if they can take the crowd out of the game. If the score is acceptable at that time, take the Bears. Then, if bet can still go both ways, get out ten minutes before the end of the game.
    omg Dark horse you bloody mind reader