durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

New England Only -22.5 v. Miami

Per the Greek right now.

Not too surprising, but a few weeks ago it seemed this would be the highest line ever.

roasthawg
    roasthawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

do the starters play the whole game with homefield wrapped up?

djeffectz
    djeffectz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

remember what happened few years ago when the dolphins were double digits underdog vs the pats........

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Bellicheck isn't going to answer that question. I'm sure it depends on the score.

This is either a bet on Miami or pass for me.

nep1293
    nep1293's Avatar Become A Pro!

I thought it might hit 28 a few weeks ago. I think the Pats might go out there and try to kill Miami and get Brady his TD record. That way the last game won't have any distractions. Unless the weather is lousy I see no reason he can't put up at least 4 TD's to tie Peyton.

louis
    louis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 431

Playing starters the whole game

If you don't think he will play the starters the whole game, then Pats -13.5 (Bookmaker) first half is a great bet.

I think he will play some starters the whole game, but some others will come out if they get substantially ahead.

If the weather is not an issue, I think Pats -13.5 first half will cover easily.

area51steve
    area51steve's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm seriously considering taking the dolphins with the points. The patriots have showed us lately that they can't cover spreads that high. To be honest I think bellicheck knows the spread and is doing this sh*t on purpose. When the spread is +20 or more he probably has someone make a bet on the other team for him. He's the type of person to do something like that. Hell, pete rose bet on baseball.

agentwalrus
    agentwalrus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Haha area. 22 Points is pretty steep considering what happened with the Pats and Jets, granted weather was bad. I think Miami covers the spread they just won their first game and should be hyped.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you can predict the weather, you'll be able to make the right decision on this one most likely...

If the winds happen to be relatively calm, and it's just very very cold without all the traditional winter elements, then this game may get in blowout territory.. Miami is also more banged up than in last meeting which they still had no answer for..

Let's remember the Don Shula angle, anytime they've faced a team where there's a prevalent angle going in (which they've of coursed downplayed), they've kicked some goddamn ass...

The SpyGate crap,
    the Shula's comments earlier in the year,
    Anthony Smith's guarantee...

I personally think asterisks are going to be hung on every players locker to remind them that people out there think they're pretenders.. I would pass or take Miami if you're certain weather will be bad.

Mr Nuts
    Mr Nuts's Avatar Become A Pro!

i like the pats in thie one

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7178

It just depends on the weather once again before I decide, those windy games have hurt New Englands passing game and it sure has shown this week that 40 mph winds can hurt their passing game quite a bit.

jayz00
    jayz00's Avatar Become A Pro!

The fins played there superbowl last week..... the books dont want us to bet on the pats hence +22. I dont like plays where the team is not playing for what i played. Im not sure if the pats will go out there to beat the fins by 22 even though i think they can do it. I will sit for now see if the elements give the fins a hand... like they gave the jets last week. If not pass for me