hamburglar628
    hamburglar628's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 919

Why bet on Cincy?

I was just curious. Hill is going to make his first start tonight. He did pretty good against the vikings 22 for 27 181 yards, 0 INT. The Bengals defense is probably worse than the Vikings, so he might be able to put some points on the board for the 49ers. Do you guys think that the Bengals are still going to cover?

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

He's played a couple games in six seasons, if he was anything serious he would not be a third stringer. How hard is it to beat out Trent Dilfer for the backup role?

The Bengals defense is bad, but they are coming off a strong performance and the 49ers offense is not scaring anybody. They've got some young players getting better on defense and they should be able to make plays tonight.

outdrawed
    outdrawed's Avatar Become A Pro!

I didn't see the game, but Hill came in for the second half down 27-0. It's possible the Vikings were playing very safe and allowing a bunch of short passes. Notice Hill was only gaining just over 6 yards per attempt, which isn't spectacular considering his % completion rate, and the fact the the Vikes secondary is pretty weak, although far improved.

That being said, Hill can't possibly be worse than dilfer and smith have been this year. I AM on the 49ers, but only because they're at home and 9 points is a lot to be giving a team. But I wouldn't read too much into Hill being at QB.

Bet Locks Only
    Bet Locks Only's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes I do think they will still cover!
    It is a totally diffrent situation from being thrown into a game due to an injury like hill was then giving him a week to think about it and really realize the pressure thats on him he has never played on a stage like he will tonight as a prime time game and the only game tonight! but more important he is totally diffrent then dilfer so the defense could not adjust to him after they got use to dilfer! and by the way hill had no ints but had no tds either the vikings basically went to a no rush prevent d in the second half so he got easy looks dont expect that tonight from the bengals they blitz and blitz and blitz some more that is always there gameplan!
    Take the bengals!

outdrawed

"and by the way hill had no ints but had no tds either"

Well this isn't true. Hill did have a TD, however irrelevant to your point it may be.

Bet Locks Only

Outdrawed is wrong there is a reason they are dogs by 9 at home and its because they avg 13.2 points a game and the bengals avg 23.8 points a game and thats equals 10.6 by the way which is more than the spread at 8.5 know!

Bet Locks Only

Well isnt that dandy anyone can throw a ball when the d is playing prevent look what todd collins did vs the bears they played cover 2 and no pass rush and even he did good and by the way collins had more than hill had!!!!

outdrawed

Quote Originally Posted by Bet Locks Only View Post
    Outdrawed is wrong there is a reason they are dogs by 9 at home and its because they avg 13.2 points a game and the bengals avg 23.8 points a game and thats equals 10.6 by the way which is more than the spread at 8.5 know!
    Wow.

Good to know points given up per game is meaningless.

Bet Locks Only

by the way he did throw 2 ints they just were changed after the game to fumbles for some odd reason! 49ers website stats"Hill entered the game at the start of the third quarter, threw his first pass ever in a regular season NFL game and then marched his unit on the only scoring drive of the afternoon. He finished 22 of 27 for 181 yards, a touchdown and two picks" Thank you!

outdrawed

49ers Home MOV: 56-120 = -64 = -10.67 pts/gm
    Bengals Road MOV: 138-166 = -28 = -4.67 pts/gm

Not that I go strictly by this, but it completely blows your flimsy argument out of the water.

GatorFan
    GatorFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cincy and SF will play for fun. Predict high score game. Go for Over 42.5

Bet Locks Only

whats mov?

outdrawed

Margin of victory. Points scored - points given up.

It's missing like 100 other factors, like strength of schedule, and the fact it's got a sample size of 6 games which allows for way too much variance, but at the very least, it's a better indicator than looking at points scored alone.

Bet Locks Only

look you can look at all that bull but i am not believing in the hype for the 49ers there is a reason they are 9 point dogs at home and it is because they have the worst offense in the NFL and thats a fact! the only thing they have is gore and he sucks this year only having 1 100 yard rush game! the bengals offense is a top 7 offense with everyone finnally healthy going into tonight meaning all wr and palmer and rb besides irons. the defenses are pretty much equal they both suck and ranked right around the same place at 24-27th! but i dont know how u r betting on the 49ers when they can not even score what dont you understand they are the worst offense in the nfl!! 32ranked! how r u gonna bet with them cause it is a home game i dont get it!