Furt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Furts week 15 NFL picks

last week:
    overall: 8-8
    best bets: 3-1

NFL season:
    overall: 56-43-2
    best bets: 21-11

Denver +1.5 @ Houston -- Cutler has quietly put together a solid season and Selvin Young brings explosiveness to their running attack. Denver's run D, which has been horrible all season, stepped it up against KC. KC doesn't have a great rushing attack any more but neither does Houston. Rosenfels has played well but I don't think he has enough to get it done. If they Bailey and the Broncos can corral Andre Johnson they should come away with a win and possibly still some playoff hope

Tennessee -4 @ Kansas City-- The titans are in the midst of a playoff race and the chiefs are going in the opposite direction. KC rushed for 16 yards on 17 carries against one of the worst rush defenses in the league. Croyle is inexperienced. Tennessee had the Chargers on the ropes with an effective rushing attack but gave it up. I like them to win this one big on the road

Cinci -9 @ San Fran --- I said it last week and I'll say it again, the only way the 49ers win is if they can get Gore going and Dilfer doesn't turn the ball over. They are not going to get great QB play but the least you can ask for if for them not to turn it over. Hill may get the start (and probably should) but don't look for it to help much. Having the 23rd ranked defense is not going to get it done either when you're offense can't score. We all know the Bengals still can. Clements will have to have a huge day against Johnson and force a turnover in order for the 9ers to keep it close and I don't think it will happen

New Orleans -3 vs Arizona -- This line is right where I expected it to be. The Saints still have a shot at the playoffs. When the Saints play up to their potential they are tough to be. The Cardinal secondary is going to have to step it up after a dismal performance against Seattle. For Arizona to win they are also going to have to get James going and Warner can't turn it over. I look for their to be a lot of yard through the air and a lot of points in this one. But in the end, this is basically like a playoff game for these two teams with identical records and I look for the homefield advantage to be the diffence

Atlanta +11.5 @ Tampa Bay -- I think this line is just a tad bit high. I was expecting it around 8 or 9. Tampa is getting great quarterback play from McCown. Special teams let them down against Houston. Redman can provide the Falcons offense with a bit of a spark. Tampa plays great rush defense against and I expect them to be solid again against a poor Falcons rushing offense, however, Norwood is explosive and if they can utilize him effectively they can keep this one close.

Baltimore -3.5 @ Miami -- These are two teams in sorry states right now. Miami is bad in just about every aspect of the game. The one area they are decent is against the pass. If Boller turns it over the Dolphins have a chance. But I look for Mcgahee to have a big day and I don't see Miami moving the ball against the Ravens D. I highly doubt this one gets up to the over/under line of 38. Personally, I'd like to see Troy Smith get a shot for the Ravens. If Boller keeps turning it over its possible. Smith gives you an added dimension with his legs.

Buffalo +5.5 @ Cleveland --- Buffalo's playoff hopes are on the line. with a win in cleveland that gives them an edge for the last wild card spot. With a win Cleveland is all but a shoe in for the playoffs. I look for this to be a great game. Lynch will give the weak Browns D-line problems and if edwards can be efficient (11 completions, 4 tds) the bills have a shot at the outright win. The bills have the 29th ranked offense and 29th ranked defense but find ways to win games and you can't count a team like that out. they do give up 260 yards a game through the air so if D.A can avoid turning it over, the Browns could put up some points.

Green Bay -9.5 @ St. Louis
    --- with the running game working for the Packers the sky is the limit. The one knock on them all season was their lack of a running game. now, with grant, they have one. Farve's lone pick vs Oakland was not his fault (couldve been caught, then deflected) as it appears he put his rough outing against the Cowboys behind him. The Rams QB situation is up in the air and their rushing attack, though Jackson finally had a decent game (91 yards but 54 on one run and it was against the Bengals), is poor. This game should be dominated start to finish. The Rams, though winning just one game at home, tend to keep it close in St Louis... but not this time

Pittsburgh -4 vs Jacksonville --- Pittsburgh is coming off a disappointing loss last week and we'll see how they respond. They can see the Browns in their rearview mirror and even though they own the tiebreak edge in their division they will be playing hard. Jacksonville torched the Panthers last week. To me, this comes down to home field advantage. The Steelers are a different team at home, a better won. They have not lost this year and I look for that to continue. Holmes and Ward can have a big day against the Jags secondary which ranks 27th in the NFL

New England -24.5 vs NYJ --- The point spread is huge, I've seen it as much as 26, but it cannot possibly be high enough for this game. I'd like the Patriots at -35. We see how they play when they have motivation and if the spygate scandal isn't motivation I don't know what is. I hate to say it but Brady is amazing. Clemons turns the ball over too much to keep the Jets close.

Seattle -7 @ Carolina --- Seattle is firing on all cylinders and is one of the hottest teams in the league. Patrick Kerney is a beast coming off left end. Branch is finally healthy and with an extra weapon on offense Hasselbeck is on fire. Carolina's playoff hopes are over and their offense is inept. They don't play well at home either, their only win over a 9er team that has an ever worse offense then them. I don't look for this to be close

Philly +10 @ Dallas --- I think Philly has something to prove to Dallas after the beating they took in their last meeting. Philly is better than their 5-8 record and Dallas again showed some weakness on defense in their narrow win versus the Lions. Westbrook should have a big day running and catching the ball and the Philly is still pretty decent. McNabb has put together a decent season though their record doesn't show it.
    Indy -10 @ Oakland --- Indy jumped on Baltimore Sunday night. They took their foot off the gas when it was 44-7 and took out Manning. They looked like the Patriots in the first half. Maybe better. And Baltimore doesn't have a horrible defense. The Colt's offensive line is the difference, they block great as a team. They have weapons at every position on offense. Addai (rushing and receiving) out of the backfield, Wayne and Clark are great weapons for Manning and with the emergence of Gonzales this offense appears unstoppable. They also have the 2nd ranked defense due to an incredible secondary led by Bob Sanders

Detroit +10 @ San Diego --- San Diego is explosive but seems to disappear at intervals or for whole games. Detroit finally got their running attack going in Dallas. I look for San Diego to win but if Rivers turns if over, and I expect he will, the Lions can keep it close

New York Giants -4.5 vs Washington --- The Redskins playoff hopes are still alive but I don't think Todd Collins can have another game like he had against the Bears. The Giants put too much pressure on the quarter. Eli Manning has righted the ship and the Giants have a bruising rushing attack. Unless Portis has a monster game and I don't think he will against a good Giant defense, I look for the Giants to go 10-4

Chicago +10 @ Minnesota --- Jackson has played solid the last month or so, which is one of the main reasons they have won 6 straight. I'm not sure where Adrian All Day Peterson went last week but I expect him to be back and the focal point of the offense. Can the Bears defense really be this bad? They are ranked 30th in overall D... We're 13 games into the season so I guess they are. Still, I think they have talent. Urlacher needs to show up. The X-factor is, of course, Devon Hester.
    Last edited by Furt; 12-11-07 at 10:21 AM.

chelms166
    chelms166's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3818

i'm guessing your best bets are the ones in bold. if so they look pretty tempting to me, but i took another big hit this weekend so maybe i'll have to pass. gl though.

tryintogetpaid
    tryintogetpaid's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am loving the Denver pick.

Furt
    Furt's Avatar Become A Pro!

lines moves i like:
    atlanta to +13
    pitt down to -3

line moves i dont:
    denver to pk (though i still like them to win)
    indy and green bay line jumped a pt. (still like them tho)

outdrawed
    outdrawed's Avatar Become A Pro!

Denver's -1 at bodog. Really hoping it hits -1.5 so I can tease the Texans.

agentwalrus
    agentwalrus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Guys... Jets +25 at Pats. I dont think the jets will get blown out that badly. Yes, they will lose but not by 25 pts.

B C
    B C's Avatar Become A Pro!

heads up on the New England/Jets game. Calling for snow with potental to be a big storm. It would be wise to check the weather before any bets on this game.