NFL 1st String
    NFL 1st String's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chargers + trend ?

I'm with the Chargers on this one . However, some input on whether -10 is too much to cover would be appreciated. Could buy 1/2 point from (-10 at -102) to (-9.5 at -115).

One interesting thing someone posted not too long ago spoke about double digit underdog keeping it close and then getting blown out the following week due to physical and mental exhaustion. Examples : Miami -16.5 @ Pitt. 3-0 final . next week they lose 40-13 to the NYJ. NE -24.5 @ Baltimore. final score 27-24. Followed by a 44-20 lose to Indy. NYJ winning 16-13 over Pitt when dogged 16.5 i believe, then getting blown out 34-3 in Dallas. Another: KC - 13.5 (can't quite remember) vs Indy . Finished 16-13 Indy. Next game KC lost 20-17 to Oakland.

If anyone has more examples please let me know, it is still early in the week, doing my research.

So in conclusion, I believe the Lions are going to be drained from their 28-27 loss to Dallas, which means they won't be able to handle the Chargers on the road.

However, I still have concerns regarding the multiple injuries on their roster. I also considered them the X-factor team in the league until their 3 game win streak. They were so unpredictable early, either winning big or losing big. What about Shawn Merriman, he could be very dangerous when angry, may be plotting revenge. He seems to think Fischer was gunning for him. Still unsure whether he will participate against Lions.

Any thoughts ???

mv09
    mv09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2630

I think SD covers, but with that said..

Am I the only one who thinks that Vegas adds like a "tax" to Chargers. If the line deserves to be -7.5, Vegas will just give the Chargers 3 extra points because of how people continue to be on them. SD gets too many big spreads for too little performance, imo.

ChuteBoxe
    27+1 = 2011
    ChuteBoxe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Quote Originally Posted by mv09 View Post
    SD gets too many big spreads for too little performance, imo.
    I agree 100%.

joeygats
    joeygats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 526

i like the lions to cover

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Guess no one here saw the Chargers game. Talk about being drained even Rivers said that was the most physical game he's ever been in.

Rivers,Merriman and Gates all are very banged up. Neal broke his leg..

ChuteBoxe
    27+1 = 2011

Gyno is definitely right here. According to ESPN, Merriman will miss Sunday's game along with Neal.

Shawne Merriman is on the shelf due to injury, but Titans coach Jeff Fisher says he didn't order a "hit" to put him there. The star linebacker will miss San Diego's home game against Detroit because of a sprained ligament in his left knee that knocked him out of Sunday's game at Tennessee, which the Chargers won in overtime.
    Also found this on Rivers...

During the first half of Sunday's contest, Rivers sustained what is being called a left knee sprain by the USA Today, but was able to come back in the second half, wearing a brace, to finish the game. The San Diego Union-Tribune is reporting that Rivers is believed to have partially torn his medial collateral ligament (MCL). The fact that Rivers could return and play out the remainder of the game suggests that the injury is not too serious, but he may be feeling the effects of the injury much more early this week. We will monitor his practice activity throughout the week to see if he looks to start in Week 15.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

A.Gates had to leave the game for some plays cause he hurt his back too..

ChuteBoxe
    27+1 = 2011

Look what I found on rotowire, when I looked up Antonio Gates. He is listed as probable, but more interesting, is what it says at the end of the writeup...

Gates had six receptions for 57 yards and the game-tying touchdown in Sunday's come-from-behind win at Tennessee, despite suffering a hip injury in the first half of the game. It was a nice bounce-back game for Gates who was completely shut out the week before at Kansas City. But the hip injury is definitely a concern for the near term since he was noticeably limping all game long. The Chargers are on the verge of clinching the AFC West, so the team may take it easy with some of their injured stars over the next few weeks. As always, we will keep you posted.
    This game might be another game like Michigan vs. Wisconsin this year. I say jump on the +10.5 now, before it drops. This line will definitely be at 9.5 by Friday. The only thing I'm skeptical about, however, is the Lions on grass.