area51steve
    area51steve's Avatar Become A Pro!

MNF Saints at Falcons pick here

My pick: Falcons +4

75% of public is on the saints. 25% of public is on the falcons, but the line went from -5 to -3.5 points.

Reggie bush is out with a torn knee ligament that could keep him out for the rest of the season.

Chris redman is expected to get the nod at QB for Atlanta. Redman gave the falcons a spark in the 3rd quarter against the rams last week, completing 16-of-24 passes for 172 yards with 2 TD's and 1 pick. Redman is familiar with petrinos offense having played for him in louisville.

The falcons have lost 3 straight games for the third time this season. The previous two times they lost 3 in a row, they ended the skid with a victory at home.
    The saints are 4-11 ATS in their last 15 games.
    The saints 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games vs teams with a losing record.

GL

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Was the opening line really Saints -5? I first saw the line at Saints -3. Who's Atlanta's QB?

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Tchocky View Post
    Was the opening line really Saints -5? I first saw the line at Saints -3. Who's Atlanta's QB?
    I saw it at 4.5, though I imagine it was at 5 at some places. Keep in mind, this was BEFORE the Bush news leaked. It immediately dropped to 3 or 3.5 at most places. It now sits at 4 +/- 42.5 or so right now.

As for Atlanta's QB: yep, it's Chris Redman.

I'm either staying away from this one or teasing ATL up to +10 with the Over of 36.5. Probably the latter, just because I'm an action junkie on MNF. Small play though.

brabbitusmc
    brabbitusmc's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by babaoriley View Post
    I saw it at 4.5, though I imagine it was at 5 at some places. Keep in mind, this was BEFORE the Bush news leaked. It immediately dropped to 3 or 3.5 at most places. It now sits at 4 +/- 42.5 or so right now.

As for Atlanta's QB: yep, it's Chris Redman.

I'm either staying away from this one or teasing ATL up to +10 with the Over of 36.5. Probably the latter, just because I'm an action junkie on MNF. Small play though.
    i like the play, also norwood is the starter and he is a playmaker in the making.

ertl09
    ertl09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

play the under here....

without Bush in the backfield and catching passes the Saints offense will slow down a bit. Look for the Saints to have time consuming drives and a lot of Fg's. Atlanta is starting Redman who came in last week and did a great job. My guess is that it'll be a close game like the last time these two teams played. 20-17 Saints.

babytyger
    babytyger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Atlanta +3.5 and over 44 (updated line at BETus).

babytyger
    babytyger's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vegas had the line at 3.5 on Saturday 12/08/2007.

dmiles1021
    YouWager.eu
    dmiles1021's Avatar Become A Pro!

take the saints ML

OrionSky
    OrionSky's Avatar Become A Pro!

The line is still moving Saints -4.5

dudefrompa
    dudefrompa's Avatar Become A Pro!

Monday Nighter

My dad and I have been betting on pro and college for the last, like 3 weeks. Well we are up $475.00 (knock on wood) So for tonight. I am a diehard Farcons fan and my dad like the Saints. I all reality I do think the Falcons are going to win outright. So we are taking the over 42. Good Luck to everyone.

Deke101
    Deke101's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just everyone getting scared and going with the Falcons?

I am parlaying the Saints ML -220 with the Under 44.

I see a 23-13 Saints win. Which also gives me room for a late TD to put the total to still just 43.

JBC77
    JBC77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 303

Can't bet this game just to bet. I don't like either side or the totals.

nevadaside
    nevadaside's Avatar Become A Pro!

bogus game & bogus azz kornheiser....what a joke!!!
    Too bad there isn't Monday Night BBall (on TV).

curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have one dime on Atlanta moneyline and two dimes on Atlanta +4

agentwalrus
    agentwalrus's Avatar Become A Pro!

This game is not worth betting on... the spread isn't good for either team and it could honestly go either way. It would be safer to take the Under since this is bound to be a loooooow scoring game. Heat Vs. Suns is tonight as well in case this one is too much of a bore :P

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

It all depends which Falcons team will show up. The team of St.Louis game first half down 21-0 or the team of 2nd half scoring 18 unanswered points and driving for the win with 2 min to go only to throw an intereception. My feeling is the team run with Redman as QB is the one that will show up tonight as it did last week at 2nd half. Harrington was playing injured and his throwing was either short or off target. Redman has a very smooth release and Saints have not seen enough film of him to know what to expect. Remember last week another unknown QB, McCown, burned the Saints for almost 500 yds of offense. Falcons have good receivers which Redman will find easily on the suspect Saints defense which has already been exploided by St.Louis, Tampa, Jacksonville etc. Norwood is at his top of his game and will run wild if Saints chose to play nickel defense to control the pass.

Also, Petrino is a great coach and knows how to adjust and won't allow to be beaten twice by the same team. Remember he beat the Panthers the second time they met. No Reggie Bush means that the Falcons defense will stay back and let Brees selfdestruct like he did last week against Buccs.

Having said all that I think the Falcons is the value play tonight and believe it or not they will win one for the people of Atlanta tonight after all the bad publicity the Vick case gave to the city.
    Last edited by pavyracer; 12-10-07 at 07:11 PM.

Odrod
    Odrod's Avatar Become A Pro!

Atlanta +4.5 and Under 45