Multiple Choice Poll.
    hello
    hello's Avatar Become A Pro!

Monday December 10, 2007 NEW ORLEANS vs ATLANTA

NEW ORLEANS -3.5
    Under 43

hello
    hello's Avatar Become A Pro!

New Orleans has been a major disappointment this season. It all started back on September 6th when they opened up their 2007-08 season at Indianapolis with a deflating loss at the hands of the defending champs. They then went on to lose their next three games before picking up their first win of the season at Seattle in mid October. They rattled off three more wins after that, but then inexplicably dropped back-to-back games to St. Louis and Houston. The Saints found themselves with an excellent opportunity to get back into the NFC South race last week when they hosted the division leading Tampa bay Buccaneers. The Saints held a one-point lead at the half, but then got outscored by five in the second half en route to the 27-23 home loss. RB Reggie Bush suffered ligament damage in his knee that could keep him out for the rest of the season.

As for Atlanta, this season started off on the wrong foot when former QB Michael Vick got nailed in a dog fighting scandal. This immediately put new HC Bobby Petrino’s offense behind the proverbial 8-ball, and the team has suffered on a weekly basis. The Falcons come into this game losers of three in a row, and six of their last eight overall. Inconsistency at the QB position has seen their offense only muster 14 PPG, and that number has dropped to 12 PPG over the L/3 weeks.

I'm expecting this to be a low scoring game much like these clubs first match-up of the year when the Saints won by a 22-16 final count in New Orleans. The 'Under' is 6-2 ATS the L/8 meetings, while the 'Under' has gone a perfect 4-0 ATS the L/4 times the Falcons were installed as underdogs between 3.5-10 points. It's also cashed 8 of the L/10 times the Falcons played within their division. As for the Saints, the 'Under' is 3-2 ATS off a SU loss this season, but a solid 10-3 ATS after allowing their opponent to rip them apart through the air (250+) the week before.

With QB Chris Redman leading the Falcons attack and the Saints without another key cog on offense (RB Bush), I expect to see a lot more FG's than TDs in this spot, so hit the lowside of the 'Total' for another MNF winner!!!

Take Under 43 (play at GEORGIA DOME - No wind - Indoors )

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8353

GO aints go

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am leaning towards Atlanta and the over.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

New Orleans -3.5

I swear if I'd paid as much as ESPN paid for MNF, I'd want a better game than NO/ATL this late in the season. I know the Saints were really good last year and nobody saw Vick behind bars when the schedule came out, but DAMN....this is a dog, isn't it??

buztah
    buztah's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't have either of those. I have a 3 game NFL/NBA parlay for one unit.

Saints ML
    Mavericks ML
    Suns ML

I can't bring myself to take the -3.5 play as I think it could be close but don't see the Falcons QB (regardless of who starts for em) hanging in with Brees all game long. I think the Saints win a close ugly game.

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8353

Quote Originally Posted by buztah View Post
    I don't have either of those. I have a 3 game NFL/NBA parlay for one unit.

Saints ML
    Mavericks ML
    Suns ML

I can't bring myself to take the -3.5 play as I think it could be close but don't see the Falcons QB (regardless of who starts for em) hanging in with Brees all game long. I think the Saints win a close ugly game.
    small on N.O. for me just to make it worth watching!!!!

outdrawed
    outdrawed's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    I am leaning towards Atlanta and the over.

outdrawed

I'm expecting this to be a low scoring game much like these clubs first match-up of the year when the Saints won by a 22-16 final count in New Orleans. The 'Under' is 6-2 ATS the L/8 meetings, while the 'Under' has gone a perfect 4-0 ATS the L/4 times the Falcons were installed as underdogs between 3.5-10 points. It's also cashed 8 of the L/10 times the Falcons played within their division. As for the Saints, the 'Under' is 3-2 ATS off a SU loss this season, but a solid 10-3 ATS after allowing their opponent to rip them apart through the air (250+) the week before.
    Out of curiosity, does anybody actually follow these completely random trends or is it just a post-lengthener?

I'm down for .5u on Atl (+180) and a unit on the over. Two crappy defenses and a decent offense. Lots of passing yards in this one.

tryintogetpaid
    tryintogetpaid's Avatar Become A Pro!

Saints win. Falcons have Chris Redman in -- good luck on them scoring any points. Plus with Joe Horn returning to the Dome look for the secondary -- mainly the Predator, Mike McKenzie, to shut down all receivers

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Great write up and I happen to like the under as well.

Furt
    Furt's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm on the saints too but its all on brees' shoulders. he can't turn the ball over

patsfan2727
    patsfan2727's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by outdrawed View Post
    Out of curiosity, does anybody actually follow these completely random trends or is it just a post-lengthener?
    You should know that the Saints are 4-0 ATS versus teams with a Rookie head coach and a QB making his first start in the NFL.

Saints are also 2-1 ATS versus teams who have lost a starting QB who has herpes and a dogfighting ring in his backyard.

BE CAREFUL THOUGH, Saints are 4-4 ATS in their last 8 games played on a day ending with "Y".

outdrawed

Quote Originally Posted by patsfan2727 View Post
    You should know that the Saints are 4-0 ATS versus teams with a Rookie head coach and a QB making his first start in the NFL.

Saints are also 2-1 ATS versus teams who have lost a starting QB who has herpes and a dogfighting ring in his backyard.

BE CAREFUL THOUGH, Saints are 4-4 ATS in their last 8 games played on a day ending with "Y".
    I like your style.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Here is what I'm playing tonight:

6 point teaser -110:

Atlanta +10
    under 49.5

Will be a slow paced game. Petrino will run with Norwood and Saints will be happy with a filed goal or two to win.

Let's cash this sucker!

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

I see this at +4 now, total gone to 44...

Taking Falcons closer to kickoff

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14449

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Here is what I'm playing tonight:

6 point teaser -110:

Atlanta +10
    under 49.5

Will be a slow paced game. Petrino will run with Norwood and Saints will be happy with a filed goal or two to win.

Let's cash this sucker!
    my thoughts exactly pavyracer.