louis
    louis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 431

Jets +24.5 vs. New England

This is the latest line at Olympic, and Bookmaker for next weekend. Any thoughts on the game? They just beat the Steelers by 21. There average win per game is probably now a little below 24.5, but the Jets are not a great team.

The total is around 52 to 53.

mgcolby
    mgcolby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

Put it this way, after this game you will realize that the Pats have yet to run up the score this year.

PS New England will cover the over by themselves!

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd like to tease this game, I'd prefer it hitting 25 so I can throw it in a 10pter. Would feel better with that extra .5 and have a five TD safety net.

ChuteBoxe
    27+1 = 2011
    ChuteBoxe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Everyone's going to say I'm crazy here, but I think the ML is the best play in this spot . Small though, 1 or 2 units. Jets do suck, but they're also a "f\*\*k me team". When they're supposed to get blown out, they pull a game out of their asses, and when they're supposed to win, they lose. It's also a rivalry game, and Mangini knows Belichick way better than most people think. He's the one that blew the whistle on "spygate", or whatever you want to call it, on top of it. Also, the Jets season is over, and Mangini is looking to get the team fired up through the last 3 weeks of the season, so they can go into the offseason on a positive note. What a better way than playing spoiler to the perfect season of a division rival? I heard and read that 3 times tonight from NY media outlets(I live 20 min away). If you watched the Jets against the Browns today, they went for it in a few risky spots because they don't have the playoffs to worry about. That will play into the equation next weekend as well. The Patriots have everything to lose here, and nothing to gain IMO. A 24.5 point cushion works too.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't think you're crazy, it's actually a good argument. However, as many of us involved in relationships know, good arguments don't always win. Everything you're saying sounds good, but I think one thing is ultimately the difference, and it is not Tom Brady. Not Randy Moss, or any of those guys.

He'll never admit it, but this is not just another game where 'winning is the only thing', I firmly believe he'd be disappointed with a 10 pt win. Forget the streak or any of that stuff, I really think he'd vomit a little in his mouth away from the cameras if the game was remotely close. I'm not going to eat all that chalk, but I can't bring myself to fire on that ML no matter how attractive it looks.

ChuteBoxe
    27+1 = 2011
    ChuteBoxe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Quote Originally Posted by crazyl View Post
    I don't think you're crazy, it's actually a good argument. However, as many of us involved in relationships know, good arguments don't always win.
    hahaha, quote of the day right there.

nevillehater
    nevillehater's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ChuteBoxe View Post
    hahaha, quote of the day right there.
    Yeah, no doubt. I am going to mention that quote to my wife tonight.

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

A motivated Pats team could probably put 60 up this week.

buztah
    buztah's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm staying away from this one as I could see it going either way (as fas as whether the Pats cover 24.5 or not -- of course the Pats will win the game). Pats culd get up by 4 TDs by the end of the 3rd and then rest some guys, letting the Jets score a few points in the 4th. I don't think Bill hates Mags enough to keep all his starters in if he's up by a few TDs in the 4th. He's got to think about the very impressive looking Colts and try to do his best to keep his boys as healthy as possible for the real matchups in the POs.

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

I got killed on the Ealges & the Ravens games laying the points on the Pats. Can you say "Deja Vu"?

dwaechte
    dwaechte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

Quote Originally Posted by Tchocky View Post
    I got killed on the Ealges & the Ravens games laying the points on the Pats. Can you say "Deja Vu"?

Better than getting killed betting against the Pats in the 10 games they've covered this year.

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Quote Originally Posted by dwaechte View Post
    Better than getting killed betting against the Pats in the 10 games they've covered this year.
    I've been backing the Pats all season...gradually raising the stakes. That game against the Ravens really hurt me. When you take a big hit on a particular team, the natural reaction is to get gun shy and shy away. I had no problem taking the Pats -10.5 yesterday but was nervous in the 1st half.

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

you r crazy 2 take moneyline..ur also crazy not 2 take pats -24.5 and the over pats will prob get into about 60s-70s if they try 2

regularguy
    regularguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Belichick and everyone on his team (probably rightfully) thinks the whole spygate thing -- which was prompted by the Jets' whining -- was complete chickenshvt. I suspect that everyone tries to steal signals, in football just as much as in baseball. To smear the Pats with that, by taking it public, was bushy bushy.

Don't be fooled into thinking this means nothing to the Pats. This is a big game.

Belichick and his crew are going to take the Jets out back to the woodshed. They'll have the 24 pretty much covered by halftime.
    Last edited by regularguy; 12-10-07 at 04:04 PM.

louis

Line has dropped from 24.5 to 24. This is a somewhat significant drop, since 24 is a key number. Total has also dropped from 52 down to 50 or so. Can't wait to see the spread for next week's Miami game. Pats may not need the game for anything, already have home field and first round bye wrapped up, so the spread may not be that much higher than the Jets game.

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

As I posted in another thread:
    The weather for the Jets/Pats game calls for freezing temperatures around 32 degrees, a 70% chance of snow and rain, plus 30+ mph winds.

I suspect this is the reason in the line movement, particularly the Under which is now hitting the high 40's. It's dropped to 47 or 47.5 in most places.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Other two teams that started 13-0 the last 22 years (denver '99, indy '05) both lost straight up in game 14. both finished the year 0-3 ATS.

joeygats
    joeygats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 526

i love the ml i think im gonna put atleast 50 on it worth the risk

louis

Accuweather has somewhat different forecast

Rain and heavy winds won't begin until the evening.

If there is really going to be 30 MPH winds, then I would bet the Jets, and Under, even where the line is right now.

The problem is predicting this.

You're right that this is why the line has dropped.

dodif
    dodif's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by regularguy View Post
    Belichick and everyone on his team (probably rightfully) thinks the whole spygate thing -- which was prompted by the Jets' whining -- was complete chickenshvt. I suspect that everyone tries to steal signals, in football just as much as in baseball. To smear the Pats with that, by taking it public, was bushy bushy.

Don't be fooled into thinking this means nothing to the Pats. This is a big game.

Belichick and his crew are going to take the Jets out back to the woodshed. They'll have the 24 pretty much covered by halftime.
    exactly

they cant make a line high enough for this game

this is payback billy style

Skidcom
    Skidcom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19551

This is still the NFL and 24.5 is ridiculous

louis

Line is now 23.5. Total has been dropping like a rock. It is 46 now. It opened at 52.

the_orangekat
    the_orangekat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Weather is the concern here, going to be sloppy out there.