SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Automatic Fade Next Week

Taking Jaguars over Steelers.

Pittsburgh's fall from grace is not over, they are not the true physical smash mouth team in the AFC, Jacksonville is. We're going to see that loud and clear, by the time its over you'll swear Pittsburgh was playing on the road!

SBR Lou

No love for this?

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8377

Any idea on spread?

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Spread opened +5.5 and now is +4

Would of loved Jags +11.5 on a teaser

SBR Lou

Most of the public have no idea who the Jaguars even are. They are very very under the radar. It will go in our favor some more by next week, I'm pretty sure. Everyone will think the Steelers will be fired up to make a statement at home.

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

prob take the jags if its +5 or more

etothep
    etothep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94 View Post
    Spread opened +5.5 and now is +4

Would of loved Jags +11.5 on a teaser
    i like the +10.5 on a teaser just about as much

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Jags are the ugliest 'good' team I've seen - and it's been going on for what... 4 years now? 5?
    They find ways to win with horrible receivers and a solid veteran (Taylor) and a young speedster (Mo J.D.) in the backfield and a sound defensive scheme that gets it done with countless injuries constantly. I can't remember the last time they had a healthy defensive unit.

Tough to say right now who I favor in this game. Pitt got annihilated and really played a solid game today. They are close to the Jag's level of talent... But still, there's too much to consider right now - but Pitt getting smashed is a big factor in liking them next week by a small margin - not a big one. It's big right now on the spread, then, aparently. Jags injury report is a big factor, also.

I like the idea of the teaser on this one. I think you could hit both ways with the points.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

I think The Jags might win this game straight up. I don't play a lot of NFL, I tend to do better with college sports...but I might have to play this one.

RageWizard
    RageWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyl View Post
    Taking Jaguars over Steelers.

Pittsburgh's fall from grace is not over, they are not the true physical smash mouth team in the AFC, Jacksonville is. We're going to see that loud and clear, by the time its over you'll swear Pittsburgh was playing on the road!
    I agree with you Crazyl, even if the steelers would have won against the Pats, I was looking to fade them against the Jags. I would caution everybody that I'm really considering this pick this week, and that means you fade my pick. I really suck this year at picking games and even though there is no sure thing, if you fade my picks your up huge. That's what my kid has been doing since about week 3 and he told me I helped him pay for a diamond ring for his future possible wife. We will find out over Christmas.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wait until you know the weather. Yesterday's nice weather teams didn't exactly fare well in the cold:

MIA @ BUF 17-38
    OAK @ GB 7-38

joeygats
    joeygats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 526

pittsburg at home will dominate the jags or at least i think gl

ChuteBoxe
    27+1 = 2011
    ChuteBoxe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    Wait until you know the weather. Yesterday's nice weather teams didn't exactly fare well in the cold:

MIA @ BUF 17-38
    OAK @ GB 7-38
    I agree with you 100% on the fact that warm weather teams normally struggle in cold weather late in the season. Especially teams that have to play in New England, New York, Buffalo, and Green Bay. But, would you really call the Raiders a nice weather team? Oakland isn't like Miami, where the average is above 75 degrees year round.

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog
    VegasDave's Avatar Become A Pro!

Coincidence, I'm sure, that said "nice weather teams" are a combined 4 - 22.

RageWizard
    RageWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post

MIA @ BUF 17-38
    OAK @ GB 7-38
    Could the reason that the fair weather teams didn't do so well in the cold be because they suck? I mean Miami hasn't done so well in nice weather either.