goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

it's official, phillip rivers is a bust

i am on record as saying it was a joke getting rid of brees for this pud and now he goes from unproven guy to straight up bust

he may have a game here or there from now til the time they get rid of him but the guy is not a QB you can build around or even manage the game

in other words, he sucks

hanco21
    The Lord of No Rings..AJ Smith Egomaniac
    hanco21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2113

Osgood wins coin flip in OT. Lets see if Philly can do anything with the ball.

t2wentyfou4r
    t2wentyfou4r's Avatar Become A Pro!

He is not a bust. You have to realize young QB's are going to have ups, and downs. He hasn't been a starting QB for long. The Chargers are adjusting to Norv Turners, and his system. With some time, Rivers will shine in Turners system.

t2wentyfou4r
    t2wentyfou4r's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you had to do it over again who would you pick

E. Manning or Rivers?

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Rivers has regressed a TON this season. I don't think he believes in the system there or something. You can see it in his feet and his command in the pocket - or should I say 'lackthereof'.
    He helped them get the W today with some very fine Quarterbacking, though.
    Bust? I'd take him over Big Ben or Eli right now... And I'm on a limb saying that. I don't think Big Ben can hold up in a non-rush first offense or carry a team for any period of time. Rivers has shown he can many times. Big Ben has, also - and in HUGE games - but careerwise, when it's all done, even if Big Ben has the hardware already, I think Rivers has the biggest upside for a career, even without Ben's mobility.

I think losing Cameron/Marty was a blow to his development. I don't think Norv Turner is much of a coach anymore and hasn't been since Dan Snyder showed him up. Also - I could've been the O coordinator in Dallas, instead of Norv, and they would've won all those superbowls anyway.

Rivers just has huge problems with his feet right now and it's easy to see. He's got too much on his shoulders it feels like... And that Offense keeps forgetting they have a Cadillac in the backfield that makes it all easier.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

He played within the system in his rookie year. In second year you often see a QB fall back because now he's taking more initiative, trying to expand his influence, and opening himself up to mistakes. Just a phase.

What does worry me about Rivers is his delivery. Ugliest pass in the NFL. He's the Shawn Marion of football.