bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Reggie Bush-OUT for the year

This sure doesn't help the Saints at all, and is really turning into one big bust.

New Orleans Saints tailback Reggie Bush, who will not require surgery to repair a partially torn ligament in his left knee, will not play Monday night at Atlanta.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

They need to realize he is not going to work out at running back. He will be injured throughout his career if they misuse him.

Let him return punts, work him in as a wide receiver too, let him contribute with his speed...

roasthawg
    roasthawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyl View Post
    They need to realize he is not going to work out at running back. He will be injured throughout his career if they misuse him.

Let him return punts, work him in as a wide receiver too, let him contribute with his speed...
    yeah it's pretty much starting to look like that...i thought he'd be a stud like a b.westbrook, looks like i was wrong.

djeffectz
    djeffectz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Do you guys still question the Texans for taking Mario Williams instead of Bush?....I still hear the criticism...

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I actually do believe it or not and heres why. I thought way back then that they should have traded down in that draft.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... Bush will be nothing more than another Eric Metcalf type player in the NFL.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by djeffectz View Post
    Do you guys still question the Texans for taking Mario Williams instead of Bush?....I still hear the criticism...
    I never questioned their decision, it was the right move for their team. Mario Williams is involved in more plays than Reggie Bush, and they needed to improve defensively.

Do I think Reggie is capable of hitting the weight room, adding on more muscle mass, and improving as a running back? Yes, it'll take another few seasons though. He could develop into a back like Tiki Barber eventually.

What I think would be more beneficial to the team is simply using him as a receiver and punt returner, and little sweeps & reverses on occasion, but not for general or tough yardage situations at all.