louis
    louis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 431

Pats vs. Steelers taking Under 51 now

After the game last night, the spread dropped from 13.5 to 10, but the total hasn't moved much.

The new spread of 10 implies the Pats are going to score 30 points against the Pittsburg number 1 defense in the league. They might, but I don't think it is likely. Pittsburgh's defense is much better than Baltimore.

As far as the Steelers offense against the Patriots. The steelers offense is ranked medicocre, and the Pats do have a good defense.

I think the score will be held down in this game and I'm making a bet now on under 51 total, before this number drops.

hamburglar628
    hamburglar628's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 919

Just like most Pitt games, Pitt will control the ball on the ground. From the looks of it, it will be for the majority of the game. I see Pitt covering the spread and maybe even winning because of their solid run game and defense.

djeffectz
    djeffectz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Quote Originally Posted by hamburglar628 View Post
    Just like most Pitt games, Pitt will control the ball on the ground. From the looks of it, it will be for the majority of the game. I see Pitt covering the spread and maybe even winning because of their solid run game and defense.
    Right on Brother, Steelers ML here

shady610
    shady610's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8603

i have a hard time beliving that the steelers will win or cover. they couldnt beat the jets and they expect to beat the pats. not likely. yes the pats looked beatable, but it was based on emotion from their opponents. The steelers cant play with emotion and therefore will be picked apart by the better coach and qb on the field.

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

I see new england winning 49 to 0, under it is.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pittsburgh has awesome defensive stats. Guess what though?

They've played nobody! The best overall team they've faced up until now is Seattle. They haven't played the Colts, Patriots, Cowboys, Jaguars, Giants, and when they played the Browns with Derek Anderson instead of Charlie Frye they barely won!

Not to mention, they lost to the Jets, Cardinals, and Broncos! They are inconsistent, they have questions surrounding their pass protection, they've lost all 3 games on the road and now they're headed into Foxboro!

So to act like some +425 ML has tons of value because the Steelers have a 'great defense' is silly.

louis
    louis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 431

agree that Pitt ML has no value

I'm taking under 51.

I'm not taking any other bets.

I see no value in this ML. Don't see any value in the spread either.

I agree with crazyl that all the defensive statistics are relative to who a team has played, but the pitt defense still looks good to me. If they had played the Colts or Cowboys one or two games out of 11 would not have changed their statistics over 11 games that much.

They will most likely lose, but the Patriots are not going to score 30 to 40 points on them either. I like the under in this game, like it a lot, especially team total Pats under 30.5 if anyone is offering it. (thats what the spread and total imply)
    Last edited by louis; 12-04-07 at 07:59 PM.

NFL 1st String
    NFL 1st String's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by louis View Post
    I'm taking under 51.

I'm not taking any other bets.

I see no value in this ML. Don't see any value in the spread either.

I agree with crazyl that all the defensive statistics are relative to who a team has played, but the pitt defense still looks good to me. If they had played the Colts or Cowboys one or two games out of 11 would not have changed their statistics over 11 games that much.

They will most likely lose, but the Patriots are not going to score 30 to 40 points on them either. I like the under in this game, like it a lot, especially team total Pats under 30.5 if anyone is offering it. (thats what the spread and total imply)
    Hey,

First topic of discussion : you claim to see no value in the spread. I would have agreed with you hours ago. Now the line has moved from Pats -13 to 10.5 (PinnacleSports.com).

Does that lead any one to reconsider ???

Next : I would like opinions regarding the teaser of this game.
    IMO . NE - 3.5 under 59 looks VERY tempting . I have bet over
    100$ on the last two NE games and i am kicking myself for my front-runner mentality. Hopefully, the Foxboro advantage plays into effect.

However, i could also go Pitt +17.5 with an over of 45.
    I was thinking the under was the safer bet.

Would really appreciate UNBIASED opinion regarding this bet.
    I only seek profits and don't want judgement clouded by favoritism.

(sportsgal, genius, greek, Peyton2marvin, crazyl, .... the regulars plz respond.)
    Lets put our heads together and make solid football bets.

Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Quote Originally Posted by NFL 1st String View Post
    However, i could also go Pitt +17.5 with an over of 45.
    (sportsgal, genius, greek, Peyton2marvin, crazyl, .... the regulars plz respond.)
    Lets put our heads together and make solid football bets.
    From me, this is your safest and best bet.

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

honestly, i do not like this game. I do not think pitt has a chance of winning but it may stay close, Pitt doesn't get blown out. However Crazyl had some good facts about this game in another thread, one of the other Pitt/Ne threads. I do not think i will play this one.