SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Are The Vikings For Real?

Since being blown out by the Packers, they've won three straight by 7, 31, and 32. They have the #1 ranked rush defense in the league, they do have the worst ranked pass defense but the past 3 games they have been improved.

Adrian Peterson is back in the line up, showing no signs of slowing down last week rushing for 116 & a pair of scores. Chester Taylor is great in that dual back combination. Not to mention, Tavaris Jacksons accuracy has improved going 45-58 the past 3 weeks with 3 TD's and only 2 interceptions.

At -9 this week, I think you have to give them a look against the 9ers. Frank Gore is their biggest offensive weapon, he'll struggle here and Trent Dilfer is nobody to rely on. The 49ers are 3-9, their season is just a formality now while the Vikings have a shot at 6-6 and are playing inspired.

hamburglar628
    hamburglar628's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 919

TAKE THE VIKINGS -9. This is a must win game for the last playoff spot and Vikings have a solid defense. They will, of course, run all over the 49ers horrible defense.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Why not, they run the ball as good as anyone. AP is one of the best rookies i have ever seen play this game. Chester Taylor is a consistent player and could start for a ton of NFL teams. They stop the run also as good as anyone. They should be good.

Time is Money
    Time is Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6389

run defense will force a team who cant pass to pass.... Vikings big

Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Vikings all the way.

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8365

ok! i'm now on the vikes. Thanks & gl to everyone!!!

outdrawed
    outdrawed's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Vikes have been real for quite some time. Their win-loss just didn't reflect it.

That being said. I'm not sure if they're real enough to win a game on the road by double digits more than 50% of the tiem.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

I backed them last year against the 9ers in this spot, around the same month I believe. It was ugly, 9-3 game. This game should be different, glad you guys are on board. Would like to hear arguments for SF if anyone is not feeling the pick.

babytyger
    babytyger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I am playing the 49ers +8.5

Rollins08
    Rollins08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

The are the most inconsistant team in the NFL other than the Lions, but the niners may be the worst. I'm taking the Vikings.

luciano
    luciano's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think they are for real as long as they can stay in the lead, if they have to rely on Jackson to make a comeback with the passing game, I dont feel they will do well. When it's run first they are a real good squad. They remind me of some Steeler teams from the 90's when the QB's were average, ok...bad.

Their defense is awesome and if they can stick to the offensive gameplan, which is run the ball a lot and take few chances in the pass game, I like them.

I like them to win Straight up but probably wont bet the game because thats a lot of wood to be giving up for a 6-6 team on the road, no matter how bad the Niners are.

jrcaces
    jrcaces's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vikings are going to crush the crappy 49ers -9 is a deal.

Mark Cuban
    Mark Cuban's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vikes

The Vikings are for real. A. Peterson is a machine.

bmac
    bmac's Avatar Become A Pro!

I really think that having Peterson makes them for real

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9438

I can't back Minnesota as this big a road favorite. San Fran has played a lot of ugly, low scoring games and they should stay close. The Vikings this big a road favorite is questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by babytyger View Post
    I am playing the 49ers +8.5

Skidcom
    Skidcom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19551

The line is an overreaction to recent results.must take dog

Thomasha7
    Thomasha7's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not Vikings fan. Maybe next year they will be for real. Not this year. You have to be well above 500 to be for real. IMO

Bet Locks Only
    Bet Locks Only's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vikings -9 all day! Just like ther Running back!

area51steve
    area51steve's Avatar Become A Pro!

The vikings aren't for real.. All they really have is a good run defense and adrian peterson. He's a great running back but he will never come close to being as good as barry sanders was and he's injury prone. Thats why teams passed on him in the draft. He was injury prone in college and it will be the same in the pros. He already had a knee injury in his rookie season this year. The vikings pass defense is garbage and jackson should be a backup QB, not a starter.. They already proved they CAN'T hang with green bay or dallas this year.

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

good teams win on the road, average or 6-6 teams do not, even with that being said, I am not playing this game.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Skidcom View Post
    The line is an overreaction to recent results.must take dog
    I completely agree. Minny will win, but SF will cover.

Mr Nuts
    Mr Nuts's Avatar Become A Pro!

Like the Vikes as well.

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    I completely agree. Minny will win, but SF will cover.
    You guys are right. The line is set too high.

Crutch
    Crutch's Avatar Become A Pro!

they have been looking pretty good

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17021

Tease the Vikes -2.5 with Indy -2.5 (Baltimore spent itself vs Pats).

luciano
    luciano's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    Tease the Vikes -2.5 with Indy -2.5 (Baltimore spent itself vs Pats).
    That looks like a good bet there, I might do that.

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    (Baltimore spent itself vs Pats).
    Physically and emotionally

perhapsnot
    perhapsnot's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bought Vikings from -7.5 to -7 on Tuesday. Probably wasted the buydown, I think the niners will get crushed.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

I look for the viks to win out and enter the playoffs on a 7 game winning streak, and beat seattle in the wild card round, and then from there who knows?

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

I think San Fran beats Minn out right. Minn has been winning big lately, but they are not that potent on offense. Minn scores points of Peterson breaking and turnovers being ran back. If San Fran can keep Peterson in check and not turn the ball over Minn want be able to do anything on offense. San Fran is actually pretty good against the run at home and are capable of shutting down a one demensional team.Their weakness is their pass D which Minn will not be able to take advantage of with T Jackson at QB. On the other hand Minn has the worse pass Defense in the NFL and I think Trent Difler will be able to make enough plays in the air to pull out a win for San Fran.

outdrawed

Minnesota's pass defense has improved greatly in the past couple of weeks and are from the worst pass defense in the league. Their pass offense has also improved as well, with Jackson going 48/62 for 601 yards (9.69 ypa), in his last 3 games. He's becoming a passer that won't completely screw his team out of a win, even if he isn't a great passer.

Interesting point about the 49ers run defense, though. They do seem to be better at home.

buztah
    buztah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Minnesota is shit, relatively speaking when you think of the really good contenders. Yes they're better than the fish or the 9ers but they still are no championship team. They will be exposed in the POs as a mediocre team at best. They will not be able to compete with Dallas or GB. They are just one of those sensational stories you hear about each season. The media always tries to hype up a shitty little team that we all know deep down has no chance. There are only 4 teams in the NFL now that have a shot at the SB. They are NE, Indy, Dall and GB. Period.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Quote Originally Posted by area51steve View Post
    The vikings aren't for real.. All they really have is a good run defense and adrian peterson. He's a great running back but he will never come close to being as good as barry sanders was and he's injury prone. Thats why teams passed on him in the draft. He was injury prone in college and it will be the same in the pros. He already had a knee injury in his rookie season this year. The vikings pass defense is garbage and jackson should be a backup QB, not a starter.. They already proved they CAN'T hang with green bay or dallas this year.

Took the words out of my mouth 100%. Dang - still love them -9, though. Peterson can run on anybody and SF can't throw the ball worth a dang.

outdrawed

I'm not sure what the point of your post was. That Minnesota isn't an elite team? Thanks for your insight!

They're a solid team that has run bad and deserves to be in the playoffs. They'll most likely lose to TB in the first round, but they're far from mediocre.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by NardVa View Post
    I think San Fran beats Minn out right. Minn has been winning big lately, but they are not that potent on offense. Minn scores points of Peterson breaking and turnovers being ran back. If San Fran can keep Peterson in check and not turn the ball over Minn want be able to do anything on offense. San Fran is actually pretty good against the run at home and are capable of shutting down a one demensional team.Their weakness is their pass D which Minn will not be able to take advantage of with T Jackson at QB. On the other hand Minn has the worse pass Defense in the NFL and I think Trent Difler will be able to make enough plays in the air to pull out a win for San Fran.

Are u kidding? . . . What has San Fran done this season to make you say this? . . . And "IF san fran can keep peterson in check and not turn the ball over" . . . That is the biggest IF i ever seen, since noone can stop minnesota's ground attack, and San Fran def can not play turnover free ball.

12 Last