imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Are the Ravens an Automatic Fade next week vs Colts?

Seems like they left a lot on the line tonight. Billick called one of his players dumb, team must be emotionally drained.

What do you guys think?

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

They may be totally exhausted after this game, it is going to be rough to play two good teams back to back.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

They could take a day off for sure. Did you see the anger from some of the Ravens towards the sideline when they called that timeout just before they stopped the 4th down? Things aren't right between the team and the coach.

My hero of the game is Bart Scott. I wish more players would do that with referee flags. I guarantee you that such a holding call on 4th down would not have been called against the Pats. Refs are a disaster this season.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

They are emotionally drained. Remember how hung over Indy was after their letdown against NE? This letdown was even worse.

I don't think this team is built to just roll along and overcome that type of loss with a great outing against the second best team in the league.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

I don't know, the defense is the healthiest they have been all season, I think they may give another good performance

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Tough to quantify the emotional aspect. But, I think on a short week, and an emotional loss, fade is a sensible play. But, maybe that angle will already be built into the line. Take the Colts, but don't lay more than 7. The line should open at 4, IMO.

imgv94

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    I don't know, the defense is the healthiest they have been all season, I think they may give another good performance
    Rolle got on the right medication.

accuscoresucks
    accuscoresucks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

fade with a tease is the way to go i can sniff it a mile away

imgv94

Look at this trend someone mentioned on another forum:

Play against any home team in the NFL who was a double digit dog last week and lost by 3 or less.

The theory associated with this is as follows....Teams that barely lose as a big dog are usually dwelling on that loss as opposed to looking to this weeks opponent. The oddsmakers also perceive the team as being better since they played a tight game hence adjusting the pointspread this week.

On November 18, as we all recall, Kansas City visited Indianapolis as a 15 point dog and lost to the Colts 13-10. Last week, November 25, The Chiefs hosted the Raiders and were listed as a 4 point chalk at game time. The above system worked beautifully by fading the Chiefs and grabbing the cash with the Raiders ending Oakland's 17 game losing streak against AFC west teams.

Moving on to this week, December 2, we have 2 more scenerios given to us involving the same system. Last week, Philadelphia, a 24.5 point dog lost 31-28 to New England, and Miami obviously lost 3-0 to Pittsburgh on Monday night as a 16 point dog. Both Philadelphia and Miami are home this week and should be faded according to the system.

Play on SEATTLE SEAHAWKS +3
    NEW YORK JETS +1

Very interesting...

imgv94

Baltimore getting humiliated wish I would of just gave the -9..

We all saw how deflated the Ravens looked after losing..

Even the announcers said Baltimore gave everything they had against New England.

Complete bloodbath we have tonight

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

I should have hammered the -9, just put a unit down... got the Colts at -2.5 in two teases that will cash if they hold on..

imgv94

At least you had a unit.. I had nothing

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I screwed the pooch not touching this game. I was a moron, had too much to drink and went 'all in' on the Pats today -with what I had left in one book. I got really lucky and just wanted to end on a good note.
    Oh well.
    Balt seemed primed for disaster. As it stands right now, it's a major disaster. The colts do what they do and Balt played above their heads last week - and still lost. That's a defeated team right now.
    Good bettors dont let emotion get involved and I did it twice. Once for profit, once not so much... Sigh.
    It's so not like me to NOT value bet against a team with little in the tank:/ I always fade/bet against 1st time starters/rookies/teams in the dumps. That's how you pay the bills, usually.